Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Emperor of Nothing [40k CYOA]

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll go with B. See what they offer before committing to anything

Neanderthal

Arcane
That's literally all of 40K. And every empire that ever existed. My point is that we have to change the Imperium, and this alliance is a damn good place to start. Between the nascent Ynnead (Eldar god of death), Eldrad (basically Varys the Spider in space) and webway technology, we are much better off with the Eldar as our lukewarm allies whom we can keep an eye on, than the same-old 'frienemies' status we have been sticking each other in for ten thousand years.

I'm not saying that an alliance is going to make us buddies over night, not at all. It is going to be the start of a very long road to mending over ten thousand years of legit racial prejudice. Either way, we are better off together than apart. Why be coy about it?

Species prejudice, they are not a race of humanity. The Eldar are the enemy.

Scourge the Xenos as the Emperor did in the great crusade, for in his wisdom he knew that to embrace a Serpent is to invite poison into your breast.

All this talk of weakness and needing others is why the Imperium fails, we need no one but the stout sons of Terra, we need nought but determination and faith in the Emperor.

A million worlds the Emperor conquered, he did not do this by going cap in hand to the Xenos, nor hiding behind behind their skirts, he hardened his heart and smote the enemies of mankind.

To take one step on the road to compromise is to forsake the golden path to the Emperors side.

Thought for the day: A man beholden to the Xenos is no man at all.

Baltika9

Arcane
That's literally all of 40K. And every empire that ever existed. My point is that we have to change the Imperium, and this alliance is a damn good place to start. Between the nascent Ynnead (Eldar god of death), Eldrad (basically Varys the Spider in space) and webway technology, we are much better off with the Eldar as our lukewarm allies whom we can keep an eye on, than the same-old 'frienemies' status we have been sticking each other in for ten thousand years.

I'm not saying that an alliance is going to make us buddies over night, not at all. It is going to be the start of a very long road to mending over ten thousand years of legit racial prejudice. Either way, we are better off together than apart. Why be coy about it?

Species prejudice, they are not a race of humanity. The Eldar are the enemy.

Scourge the Xenos as the Emperor did in the great crusade, for in his wisdom he knew that to embrace a Serpent is to invite poison into your breast.

All this talk of weakness and needing others is why the Imperium fails, we need no one but the stout sons of Terra, we need nought but determination and faith in the Emperor.

A million worlds the Emperor conquered, he did not do this by going cap in hand to the Xenos, nor hiding behind behind their skirts, he hardened his heart and smote the enemies of mankind.

To take one step on the road to compromise is to forsake the golden path to the Emperors side.

Thought for the day: A man beholden to the Xenos is no man at all.
Another thought for the day: we are ten thousand years late to that party.
Jokes and memes aside, I don't think that we are in any position to decline alliances out of hand.

If we were in the thirtieth millenium when the Emperor was alive and all of the Primarchs were loyal, then taking on the Chaos Gods and the entire galaxy would have been practically possible. This is no longer the case.

If we decide to close ourselves off, then we back ourselves into a very tight corner. Fighting by itself, I think that the Imperium will be overextended and simply run out of steam. Like it or not, the solution demands both war and clever politics.
Adapt or die.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Considering the stout sons of Terra had gotten their shit kicked in for the last 10 millennia, I'd say it might be time to try something new.

Baltika9

Arcane
bye-bye-grimdark-bye-bye-slaanesh-welcome-age-of-guilliman.jpg

Neanderthal

Arcane
Collaborators and Xenos lickspittles are the reason for every failure in the Imperium over the last ten millenia, if mankind had stayed loyal to the Emperor and followed his example then there would be no challengers to humanities might.

The coward always seeks compromise.

Baltika9

Arcane
We're just going in circles at this point.
:lol:
Have some memes instead and jump on the party truck.
images

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
A

Best strategy so we can make root write elf/primaris marine fuckfic, make terra into a craftworld, plunge it into the warp and kill the chaos gods one by one as gooliman, the high 'bonesinger'
;)
and the emprah channel tantric lazers from the golden throne

B for same reasons as Roxor minus the antisemitism

EDIT: Furiously fucking our fists to slavish corpse-maxims like our 'thal friend is pretty retarded, but that doesn't mean we should readily jump into whatever plan the Eldar have for us, especially considering that is the outcome they were probably expecting for having engineered our resurrection. Let's maintain an equal distance between all potential allies until we hear of what they have to offer.

Also, the guardsman is a braindead muscleman. The Codex personified, then.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
B for same reasons as Roxor minus the antisemitism

EDIT: Furiously fucking our fists to slavish corpse-maxims like our 'thal friend is pretty retarded, but that doesn't mean we should readily jump into whatever plan the Eldar have for us, especially considering that is the outcome they were probably expecting for having engineered our resurrection. Let's maintain an equal distance between all potential allies until we hear of what they have to offer.

Also, the guardsman is a braindead muscleman. The Codex personified, then.
Found the xeno. :imperialscum:

Baltika9

Arcane
+++
The tally so far:
A = 7
Baltika9
The Brazilian Slaughter
Oscar
Grimgravy
Azira
Hoothoot
the_biologist
B = 7
DarthRoxor
Jaedar
ItsChon
Baud
Lithium Flower
Nevill
Storyfag
C = 2
ERYFKRAD
Neanderthal
PSA: please bold your votes so that they are easier to see.

Last edited:
I pick (A)

Eldar are bastards but they're the bastards we know. Much like the Codex itself. Necrons would find humanity inconvineant to their schemes. Tau want to sterilise the humans and replace them with their own kind. A bit like muslims but with less burkas. Obviously, Orks and Nids are too retarded to consider. If we plan effectively we can mitigate Eldar fuckery. We don't have to like them but keep your enemy close so you can knife him in the ribs before he smiles at you.

+++
The tally so far:
A = 7
Baltika9
The Brazilian Slaughter
Oscar
Grimgravy
Azira
Hoothoot
the_biologist
B = 7
DarthRoxor
Jaedar
ItsChon
Baud
Lithium Flower
Nevill
Storyfag
C = 2
ERYFKRAD
Neanderthal
PSA: please hold your votes so that they are easier to see.

ya forgot to add me in the list of cunts that voted for A

OH SHIT... forgot there's a new installment. lol

Esquilax

Arcane
Okay, so while I'm confident that accepting a tentative alliance with the Eldar will change how the subsequent meetings with the Tau and Necrons will play out, I am also not sure why we'd decline an alliance at this juncture when we've already been flirting with the idea ever since Yvraine woke us up. This seems like the logical conclusion of that endeavor.

Will they try to plot and fuck us over in some way? Of course, but they would be doing that regardless. We chose The Path of Fate, we know that crisis and calamity will come, it's just a question of how we respond to it and adapt to it.

While I'm certain that they woke up Guilliman only because if benefited them, isn't that inherently how alliances work? You scratch my back, I stab yours, etc.

While I suppose that not offering compromises would allow us to hear out the other players and choose something that benefits us the most, the Eldar are already a step ahead in that regard since we are y'know, awake because of them and all. My take on it is that B is sort of a half-measure - if we are going to decline any sort of an alliance with the most "trustworthy' and 'appealing' faction (i.e. the least bad one, from our point of view), then I'm skeptical that we'd find anything that the Tau or god forbid, the Necrons, bring to the table any more appealing.

Basically, my point is if you're going to turn out an alliance with the best 'candidate' down, why bother hearing out the others?

But in any case, I'm in favour of the alliance and dealing with the ensuing Eldar fuckery as it comes.

A

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom