Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shoulder pads on shoulder pads?

Blame Fallout! :)

Brotherhood+was+a+lot+cooler+in+1+even+though+they+_361bac40ee91ca2df0003e6a4a09ebdf.gif

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Might as well blame 40K while we're at it.

20140911_221256-1.jpg
At least 40K at the technical excuse of using big-ass shoulder pads to hide the shoulder joins in the minis (at least I think I remember reading that excuse somewhere)
Plus, 40k is meant to look ridiculously martial and over-the-top.
If you look ridiculously martial and over-the-top on accident, well, that's not quite as good. Still, I don't think its too much of an issue here.
Does it look silly? Yes. Does it really matter? No.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
To get all that sweet money from the waifu lovers market

I don't think the waifu lovers are interested in a turn-based tactical game.

But that's the catch, make them interested in buying something they don't really want or need.
The 10% game completion on Steam statistics must be respected.

Or maybe it's like in the golden age of game industry marketing where on the game box there was a big titted photo-model in bikini wielding a sword and the actual game was a black&white wireframe dungeoncrawler. :)

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Since I can't be the only one clicking on this thread waiting for something of substance, here is a GDC talk that is interesting and relates to the design of Phoenix Point.

Mazisky

Magister
Lel, they are all upset judjing by comments.

They offer free DLCs for the bakers, also:

they offer a full refund for those unhappy with the decision, and\or unable to create another account on a new platform because it's too difficult, or cause laziness, or cause steam fanboysm, or because another launcher eats 0,004 Ram gb, or because just retarded.

Last edited:

pm_675

Arbiter
I can tolerate many things but this is it. This is the last straw. Console relase, microsoft deals, lack of direction, new art and now this? I'm asking for a refund.

I will not reward bad business practices.

Quatlo

Arcane
Explain to me when people became so cucked that they've stopped being angry at games that are steam-exclusive but throw a bitch fit when a game is on any other shitty obligatory and easily cracked launcher?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom