Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Explain to me when people became so cucked that they've stopped being angry at games that are steam-exclusive but throw a bitch fit when a game is on any other shitty obligatory and easily cracked launcher?
Games aren't inherently Steam exclusive though. There is nothing preventing Devs from putting their games on GoG or even Discord's store other than consumer interest. You're trading the accidental monopoly of Steam for an intentional and forced one by Chinese controlled Epic.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I asked for the refund, the game is going to be too different from the initial pitch, and I'm not about to install some chink shit instead of the promised Gog keys:keepmymoney:

pm_675

Arbiter
I can tolerate many things but this is it. This is the last straw. Console relase, microsoft deals, lack of direction, new art and now this? I'm asking for a refund.

I will not reward bad business practices.

And refund asked. Now in 28 days lets see how bad they can go

ricolikesrice

Arcane
asked for refund too: its not so much the epic store in itself ( i admit i would prolly install that shit for a game i really wanted :mixedemotions:) ... its just that making such a retarded decision + the slow progress + art style change etc. etc. has destroyed my goodwill/faith in the developer.

will keep an eye on the game anyways and if its good i ll buy it after release ... but not gonna take a risk under these new conditions.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Wait, what? I signed up for a DRM free version of the game on GoG. Does this mean that the game gets postponed for 1 year before a GoG release hits?

If that is true, i am also asking for a refund

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait, what? I signed up for a DRM free version of the game on GoG. Does this mean that the game gets postponed for 1 year before a GoG release hits?

If that is true, i am also asking for a refund

Yes, and you're never getting the Gog key according to their faq https://phoenixpoint.info/epicfaq:

I really wanted the game on Steam or GOG.com. What can I do?

Whichever delivery option you had originally opted for, we’re still positive that you will have a fantastic experience with Phoenix Point on the Epic Games Launcher.

Edit: this bit was damage controlled, see Taka-Haradin post below :kingcomrade:

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
From Discord:
UnstableVoltageToday at 9:57 PM
@here Just a quick update. All backers/pre-orders will STILL get a Steam/GOG key after the 1 year exclusivity period

Got to confirm this.

edit.
From FAQ:
I really wanted the game on Steam or GOG.com. What can I do?

Whichever delivery option you had originally opted for, we’re still positive that you will have a fantastic experience with Phoenix Point on the Epic Games Launcher.

All backers up to this point will also STILL receive a Steam or GOG key after the 1 year exclusivity period

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Holy balls, the number of people who paid for this in advance. At least they have a good conscience to help you correct your mistake.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
What happened with this game that it made everyone angry? genuinely curious

-some people got angry a few months ago because their new artist is shit - armor and monster designs suddenly started looking like "power rangers" whereas early in development the game had more of a "fallout vibe" regarding armor.

-some people lost faith because the game s progress is very slow

-some people lost faith because the game was also announced to release on XBOX instead of being pc centric

-many people are pissed off because its now suddenly an EPIC store exclusive since today

GrainWetski

Arcane
I'm so glad I didn't back this. Started out as a supposed X-COM (spiritual) successor, but quickly devolved into some console focused FiraXCOM clone and now Epic comes in. The only thing that would top this would be pitching it as a turn-based strategy/tactical game and then releasing a shooter without telling anyone.

Games aren't inherently Steam exclusive though. There is nothing preventing Devs from putting their games on GoG or even Discord's store other than consumer interest. You're trading the accidental monopoly of Steam for an intentional and forced one by Chinese controlled Epic.
Even if a game is just on Steam you can usually buy it from a dozen other stores for less with Valve getting nothing from those sales.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
EDIT: Nvm, you gotta wait 1 year, like i said before.

Do they mean that backers will have to wait for a full year, or do they get them at release?
5vTuq4E.png

I'm so glad I didn't back this. Started out as a supposed X-COM (spiritual) successor, but quickly devolved into some console focused FiraXCOM clone and now Epic comes in. The only thing that would top this would be pitching it as a turn-based strategy/tactical game and then releasing a shooter without telling anyone.

I'm reminded of a red letter day in gaming history.

It's oddly pertinant to many people's current feelings. If only we could get Spoony on some meds for a bit to comment on this.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If we do get it on Steam after 1 year I guess I will keep my pledge, pirate it after release and then wait 1 year to legally install it from Steam. Hopefully the free DLC will work for Steam as well.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If we do get it on Steam after 1 year I guess I will keep my pledge, pirate it after release and then wait 1 year to legally install it from Steam. Hopefully the free DLC will work for Steam as well.
Free DLC will apply to both Steam and GOG, tyhis is the only thing that I am certain of.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom