Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Now with 60 years old Sam Fisher

Cadmus

Arcane
Just bought this after the free weekend.
Should I save up 25000 renown to buy operators, really?
Seems expensive.

How do I enter ranked play? It's locked for me.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ranked play is locked until clearance level 50 (or 30?). Honestly if I were you I'd not play ranked until like level 70-80, that's when you finally grasp the game's pacing, how mechanics work, and basic map plays + structure.

25k doesn't take long to grind. IIRC you can complete the tutorial situations first to unlock a few beginning operators, remember to do challenges both in-game and from Uplay which are reset weekly.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Just bought this after the free weekend.
Should I save up 25000 renown to buy operators, really?
Seems expensive.

How do I enter ranked play? It's locked for me.
They're introducing a tiered cost system for operators next patch so operators from 3 years ago will cost 10k, 2 years ago will cost 15k, and so on. So only the newest will cost 25K.

Cadmus

Arcane
why did I get a shit rating, lol...

I tried the situations on the hardest difficulty but cant get past the first bomb defuse situation, it's pretty difficult!
It's true the maps are quite complicated, I barely remember anything.

GrainWetski

Arcane
So this is what Rainbow Six has become?

1550566295000.png

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
She looks like Gears of War character
what special forces allow such things?
"Being in good shape is not required in special forces anymore, since that would be fat shaming" -Ubisoft
After all it's the same company that put GROM (female) member with danger hair and fitness pants.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Ranked play is locked until clearance level 50 (or 30?). Honestly if I were you I'd not play ranked until like level 70-80, that's when you finally grasp the game's pacing, how mechanics work, and basic map plays + structure.

25k doesn't take long to grind. IIRC you can complete the tutorial situations first to unlock a few beginning operators, remember to do challenges both in-game and from Uplay which are reset weekly.
Ranked play is unlocked at level 30 now (previously at 20 iirc).

Cadmus

Arcane
Everybody on leddit is bitching about some animations or zoom sights changes or wtf, I actually haven't noticed any changes ingame yet so I don't care
I'm liking the new map, the new agents dont seem interesting. Although to be honest they do seem a little off, not like the rest of the operators so I can understand the crying about the fatso.
Still learning to play spetz natz. It's so much fun getting the last kill with the booby trap when the enemy team gets impatient and starts running around.

I like the game more than CS to be honest. I already managed to kill the whole enemy team a few times!
But I also managed to die randomly from being too lazy to be patient.
Gotta try ranked soon.
The new pricing helps, got Jackal from it.

The shock drone operator seems interesting for destroying traps and cameras, I wanna try him.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I'm aware that they did something against the Q + E spamming, the animation of changing stances is slower now.

Silva

Arcane
So how is the game these days? It's on a sale right now on PS4.

I dropped out in year 1 with just basic operators, but looking at the new boys & gals it seems they brought exciting new tactical avenues to play. The Australian hacker dude seems cool as fuck.

Would anyone recommend getting back? If so, I can get the Gold edition (Year 1 + Year 4 soldiers) for a fairly fair price. Worth it?

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

I dropped out in year 1 with just basic operators, but looking at the new boys & gals it seems they brought exciting new tactical avenues to play. The Australian hacker dude seems cool as fuck.

Would anyone recommend getting back? If so, I can get the Gold edition (Year 1 + Year 4 soldiers) for a fairly fair price. Worth it?

It's gud, and the game has received a lot of content and support through the years.

The main problem of the game is bugs, Ubi is uncapable of fixing something without getting 2 broken on the way. If you already have the game, then buy the recent year bundle. They eliminated the Started edition, so everyone who bought it (Like me) has access to every single vanilla operator. They added permanent discounts on DLC characters depending on their antiquity too (Being Year 1 chars the cheaper ones). So you can use the renown to unlock them without paying.

Cadmus

Arcane

Im 60 hours in so far and liking it.

mck

Cipher

Go for it. It's a fun game despite Ubisoft

Silva

Arcane
The game seems too cramped and fast for Glaz to have any real use as a sniper. How one supposedly plays him?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom