Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

cruelio

Savant
Why did he start advertising and stuff? Meds?

Dipped into his emergency supply of fauna to get the extra bit of nutrition needed for basic brain function.

cruelio

Savant
14) When can we expect the kickstarter campaign to go online? Did you already settle on a specific funding goal?

Initially, I was thinking to launch the KS campaign after finishing work on the KotC 2 trailer and after finalising the KS page, reward tiers and stretch goals. However, there is good sense in trying to get KotC 1 on Steam and GOG first. So I'm planning to do that. Therefore, I need to spend some more time making a good video for KotC 1 and looking into Steam.

RIP

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm SHOCKED! Instead of some retarded reaction videos today youtube suggested to me 9 years old Knights of the Chalice video.

Martyr

Arcane
ugh, those puzzles ...
rating_negativeman.png

his speech at the end of the video was weird, but charming.

grom

Educated
First video I've seen of KotC2, always despised the art in the screenshots, but it actually doesn't look that bad in motion, I think.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It can't replace the real thing, apparently:
Pierre half-a-dozen-middle-names/Adam Heine/Lesifoere collaboration when?

FFS she could easily pay for better graphics

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've to be honest, if I didn't know the background , this would be one of the worst KS videos I've seen.
I'm sorry but the game is atrocious visually AND acoustically and the monologue in the end... cringe.

Nex

Cipher
First video I've seen of KotC2, always despised the art in the screenshots, but it actually doesn't look that bad in motion, I think.
Agreed, I use to hate it but I don't quite as much anymore. Then I see a screenshot of KotC1 and it hits all the right nostalgia vibes from my childhood.

grom

Educated
Agreed, I use to hate it but I don't quite as much anymore. Then I see a screenshot of KotC1 and it hits all the right nostalgia vibes from my childhood.
KotC1 definitely looked 100 times better. I wonder why Pierre didn't just re-use the assets.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly, I'm really concerned about the campaign since I believe those who will back it are people who are familiar with KoTC1.
Battle Brothers approach was much more appealing despite the lack of animations.

I worry about the artwork, I think it will be a good engine though. I really hope some people will replace the artwork soon after release or that pierre will realize at some point how much it could help him to get better art. The problem I see with it being replaced after release is it might be too late....

The artowk like in those steam Dungeons and Dragons modules or play aids or whatever they are would be perfect.

Dorateen

Arcane
Has this been posted before? I was poking around the Heroic Fantasy Games website, and discovered for the first time the map of Mindrel, the gameworld where the Augury of Chaos will take place. I hadn't realized the backstory for this adventure had been so detailed and fleshed out.

WorldMap86.jpg

Neat, it even has the Crimson Coast including some cities from the first Knights of the Chalice.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
The viewing angle is superior to kotc1 and there were so few animations that I don't think it matters. This is a net gain in that it has a style reminiscent of d&d board games. I also really appreciate the roguelike manner of revealing the rooms by sight line.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom