Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 ruined Fallout for me

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am looking forward to Fallout 5, where dialogue with NPCs will consist of pressing A for ":)" and B for ":("

It's funny people bitch about Fallout 4's dialogue system when it was Fallout that popularized the "select a line" decline in all RPGs.

Since you retards permanently stunted an important aspect of RPG gameplay it's only good and just that Todd-sama shit on your beloved Fallout.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
I am looking forward to Fallout 5, where dialogue with NPCs will consist of pressing A for ":)" and B for ":("

They already get rid of the human NPC in F76, there is no way they still keep any kind of NPC in the game in Fallout 5. There will be no dialogue system and only terminals and journals for you to "explore".

Fabulously optimistic. You're not supposed to play Fallout 5 in a conventional way: Fallout 5 will be AI and procedural only, even your player character. The game takes a picture or voice sample of you, creates a 3d model based on that sample in the game, automagically calculates how you would play the game, and then plays the game for you. You can only watch it like a movie.

Basically an RPG with 0 human skill involved, which is what the retards sucking Fallout dick on this website think is the ideal RPG.

Truly Todd Howard is the Kwisatz Haderach of RPGs.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Fallout 4 was a tragedy in every possible level.
From the stupid storyline,endless fetch quest unwanted protagonist that crippled the modding scenario for the game.
And the removal of an already working rpg system in favour of a stupid perk system with animated icon.

Who loves RPG's can only dislike Fallout 4 because the game is not a rpg at all is just a looter-shooter with bland roleplay elements.

Master

Arbiter

It's funny people bitch about Fallout 4's dialogue system when it was Fallout that popularized the "select a line" decline in all RPGs.

Since you retards permanently stunted an important aspect of RPG gameplay it's only good and just that Todd-sama shit on your beloved Fallout.
But it still had the "ask about" button.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Mastermind is back from crying about being a fat virgin loser to being butthurt about the Codex shitting on his beloved Bethesda. The circle goes on and on.

Why are Bethestards always so aggressively butthurt? Really, I don't think there is any other group of brainlets so desperate for validation that just the fact that some people don't share their shit taste will cause such severe attacks of self esteem.

At this point there's probably more butthurt Bethetards than Fallout fanboys on this forum.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Go-Go Fallout: New Vegas - JSawyer Unlimited Edition Alpha Re-Bout: Caesar's Legion Strikes! (Featuring Nerevar from The Elder Scrolls series) is IMO the best Fallout game. If a competent studio was behind making a game like New Vegas, but

1. It's a well done game with no gamebreaking glitches.
2. It is up to date when it comes to graphics and technology.
3. The gameplay is improved and expanded, everything works and nothing is pointless filler.
4. We ditch pointless RPG elements that don't work in a 1st person 3D RPG.

Then I could see it being the definitive Fallout title. My idea of a definitive Fallout, at least. I'm not going to lie: as much as I appreciate Fallout, I did put over 500 hours in modded New Vegas.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Did it have any use that wasn't covered by the dialogue system? I remember trying to use it in my first playthrough, but ended up ignoring it the rest of the game.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Did it have any use that wasn't covered by the dialogue system? I remember trying to use it in my first playthrough, but ended up ignoring it the rest of the game.

Barely any. It is a good feature in concept, but said features designed to make conversations feel more "alive" only serve to show how unlively NPCs are. I'd much rather have a system that allows me to ask more questions to NPCs as I discover things in the world, and that's how it already works in Fallout games. It's just an underused feature designed mostly with quests in mind as opposed to, say, meeting an NPC, then going into their house and finding [MacGuffin], and going back to talk to that NPC to know more about them.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

Yes, as a vestigial organ. The core conversation mechanic was pure decline.

retinoid

Savant
Because of that, in my mind, Fallout 4 is and will be the best Fallout game. It is the game I associate the exploration of an unknown setting to. Gameplay and graphics are better, story with the DLCs too. So there you go, Fallout 4 is the best Fallout game to me :P

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
shit, fallout 4's not even as good as fallout 3. it'd be the worst thing bethesda's ever done if they hadn't shit out 76 to prove that even they can go lower

eXalted

Arcane
Troll thread but still discussion is forming with the aproaching of Page 3.

Codex, I am not disappointed.

theLorry

Educated
Hey, OP, just ignore the try-hard edgelords here. They don't know what they are talking about; Fallout 4 is a truly fantastic game! It is, however, not the best Fallout game (even if it comes damn close), that honor in fact belongs to the masterpiece called Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. If you haven't played it, oh boy are you in for a treat! It is so good it changed my life forever! Understandably such a beloved game is very rare, so you may have to go to e-bay and shell out a few hundred dollars for it, but it is worth getting at any price!

Nex

Cipher
Wrong, it will be press A for ":)" and B for ":)". Then the next line will be press A for ":(" and B for ":(".

Last edited:

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Hey, OP, just ignore the try-hard edgelords here. They don't know what they are talking about; Fallout 4 is a truly fantastic game! It is, however, not the best Fallout game (even if it comes damn close), that honor in fact belongs to the masterpiece called Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. If you haven't played it, oh boy are you in for a treat! It is so good it changed my life forever! Understandably such a beloved game is very rare, so you may have to go to e-bay and shell out a few hundred dollars for it, but it is worth getting at any price!
Don't worry about the price buddy, you can always search for the iso on the internet and play it on a ps2 emulator. It's awesome!

Alkarl

Learned
Fallout 4 is so bad that when both it and Dragon Age Inquisition were on sale for like, $10, I went out and bought heroin instead.

Fallout 4 is so terrible, I had a life-long buddy try to give me a copy. I took it, handed it back to him, and told him to get out.. of my life.

Fallout 4 is such an offense to the natural order that when my ex-gf got it for me for Christmas the judge told me that was enough to file a victims protection order on her.

Fallout 4 is so rancid I once saw a guy get arrested and charged for illegal toxic waste disposal when a stiff wind blew it out of his slimy soy-boy hands while walking down the street.

Fallout 4 is so vile the pope has threatened a 5th crusade against Bethesda for such an abominable creation.

:shitposting:

Master

Arbiter

Barely any. It is a good feature in concept, but said features designed to make conversations feel more "alive" only serve to show how unlively NPCs are. I'd much rather have a system that allows me to ask more questions to NPCs as I discover things in the world, and that's how it already works in Fallout games. It's just an underused feature designed mostly with quests in mind as opposed to, say, meeting an NPC, then going into their house and finding [MacGuffin], and going back to talk to that NPC to know more about them.
There were a few pieces of info that you couldnt get otherwise, though nothing really critical.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom