Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Jinn

Arcane
As of 25 hours into it, Kiwami has been such a joy to play. I have played the first Yakuza prior to this, but I'm really enjoying the addition of 0 style gameplay. With the tighter focus, the economy seems much better, and the spikes in combat difficulty here and there feel really nice.

I'm in the midst of chapter 6 at the moment, and I'm taking my time just as I did in 0. At this rate without extraneous mini-game playing, I'm expecting a good 60 hour playthrough, which is a relief. Same great story with the extra layer of gameplay draped over it to really flesh out the experience. And the Majima moments are pure gold of course.

Misco Jones

Savant

D05wc6yU0AAHuLa.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Impossible to say, but considering the protocol they'll probably do the same thing they did with Yakuza 4 and redo the voiceovers and character model (of course, we still haven't seen the remasters of 3-5 in the West, or hear when they'll be hopefully coming). It seems Japanese entertainment business is really brutal (to the point of absurdity, IMO) about the drugs=unperson thing.

(Doubly absurd in that large portions of said business is controlled by yakuza and ex-yakuza)

flyingjohn

Arcane
I have spent 30 hours on yakuza 0,and i am only in the second chapter.Loving all the stuff you can do(minus specific minigame).
Also just caught a great white shark with a fishing pole,and it provided less resistance then a suitcase somehow.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Does anybody here have any experience dealing with dds files?I just want the board pieces to resemble something more easier on the eyes for people ho don't now kanji.
Something like this minus the arrow directions:
download.png

I found a guide that explains how to edit dds files,but still having no luck making any changes show up ingame:
https://www.reddit.com/r/yakuzagames/comments/94ch81/pc_mod_modding_guide/

The file name is mg_shogi_all_texcmn.par.It seems to contain all the dds files for shogi.

Terra

Cipher
Through judicious use of the "other" section for each question I bitched at Sega for not making an actual tactical Shining "Force" game in years while Fire Emblem's creators laugh all the way to the bank, advised them to set a more sensible base price for future Valkyria games on PC, told em not to cut content in future Yakuza games, port all remaining Yakuza titles (plus Ishin and Kenzan) to PC, told em to commission a Sonic Mania 2, port and translate all Shining Force 3 scenarios, remake/remaster Shining Force 2, port the Phantasy Star remakes from PS2 to PC and make a new, Phantasy Star like the originals. I eagerly await the results.

Does anybody here have any experience dealing with dds files?I just want the board pieces to resemble something more easier on the eyes for people ho don't now kanji.
Something like this minus the arrow directions:
download.png

I found a guide that explains how to edit dds files,but still having no luck making any changes show up ingame:
https://www.reddit.com/r/yakuzagames/comments/94ch81/pc_mod_modding_guide/

The file name is mg_shogi_all_texcmn.par.It seems to contain all the dds files for shogi.
.PAR files are likely a proprietary archive format used by the game engine, you'd need to create/use an unpacker/repacker for changes to show in game. Brief google search reveals this, so following these steps would likely be your best bet: https://www.reddit.com/r/yakuzagames/comments/94ch81/pc_mod_modding_guide/

Last edited:

Misco Jones

Savant

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, at earliest it'd be like late 2019, but probably 2020, seeing as that also includes auditions for by the sound of it female lead of the game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i memorized all the characters just in around 1 day of playing. it isn't too much an effort than you are putting to mod the game into alphabet seriously. jeez. i even have a shogi app i occasionally play in my phone.

Vaarna_Aarne

I still haven't managed to figure out Mahjong, or those Japanese card games myself. It isn't so much the symbols (although remembering them all is difficult), but the rules. It's the sort of stuff where you'd need someone to actually teach you by hand I feel, just reading things isn't cutting it.

Punch

aaaaaa
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Mahjong in particular seems crazy with all the scoring rules and different hands, I don't think I'll ever be able to sit down at a legitimate smoke-ridden mahjong parlor in my life. Shogi is just chess but I'm a brainlet that can't think more than 1 step ahead in those games so that's another game I'll never enjoy truly:lol:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Mahjong in particular seems crazy with all the scoring rules and different hands, I don't think I'll ever be able to sit down at a legitimate smoke-ridden mahjong parlor in my life. Shogi is just chess but I'm a brainlet that can't think more than 1 step ahead in those games so that's another game I'll never enjoy truly:lol:
The thing that make shogi much more complex is the fact that you can use captured pieces as your own .It brings a whole new dimension of complexity compared to chess.

Vaarna_Aarne

It does remind me of a pretty amusing exchange I had once about the subject:

"Mahjong's really hard, I'll have to use the auto-win tile to beat this sidestory."

"Aren't you a fan of Legend of Koizumi? Shouldn't you know something about Mahjong?"

"THEY ONLY CHEAT IN MAHJONG IN LEGEND OF KOIZUMI"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom