Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Murk

Arcane

The third in the series...

iu

2house2fly

Magister
Not sure why he's hedging on whether "games as a service" was conceived by publishers to milk money from players

Prime Junta

The games industry mindset is deeply fucked up. Just saw a piece with sage advice for new game studios: "don't make the game you want to make, make the game you think people want to buy." And then they wring their hands about creative bankruptcy.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
The games industry mindset is deeply fucked up. Just saw a piece with sage advice for new game studios: "don't make the game you want to make, make the game you think people want to buy." And then they wring their hands about creative bankruptcy.
Or piss and moan when what they think people want isn't what people actually want, so their zeal for some dogturd kills the company. Frankly, nobody should think video games are going to make them boko bucks. The people who did are flukes, the industry isn't conducive to great games, and nobody should expect to make a living off their hobby like they're some kind of Michaelangelo (who came out even anyway, though he won eternal fame).

Prime Junta

Der Steppenwolf, the Decameron, and Sense and Sensibility all on the front page. Peak middlebrow.

(I freely admit that Der Steppenwolf had a massive influence on me when I was fourteen.)

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
He has tattoos of cathedrals;

He promotes fake events which promote hate and violence against Muslims;

This last one is especially egregious because it is an event that did not take place with fabricated letters, it was done by a Russian nationalist. Cossacks in no way had any problem with Ottomans specifically, as they settled in Ottoman territory after Russians kicked them out.

He is peddling false narratives to radicalise people. Especially in using an emotionally evocative picture of a man reacting to his son's death and religious war in second one.

It is sad to see Josh has went this way. I myself am a fan of history of Russia and appreciate Christian architecture, it is a shame he has to taint them with his controlled ideology.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Der Steppenwolf, the Decameron, and Sense and Sensibility all on the front page. Peak middlebrow.

(I freely admit that Der Steppenwolf had a massive influence on me when I was fourteen.)

Obviously he hid Mein Kampf and Sein und Zeit before taking the picture.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Let's remember, Josh Sawyer wrote the character called Joshua Graham. Joshua Graham says explicitly "We can't expect God to do all the work", calling the followers to direct action. When will he be hold responsible for his agenda of hatred?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom