Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Duraframe300

Arcane
Isn't it the best vampire series ever?
Nah. Season 1 was great, but Season 2 and onwards ditched the neo-noir vibe in favor of becoming an insipid soap opera.

And Buffy is better than Angel.

My personal ranking

Buffy Season 2 >= Angel Season 1 > Buffy Season 3 (with caveats as decline started then) > Buffy Season 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All the garbage.

Buffy Season 2 and Angel Season 1 are for me personally really good shows. The later season of either are retarded SJW decline.

YMMV

Phil Brucato injected Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition with a significant amount of political bullshit - passages about the WoD being Ayn Rand's wet dream, musings about how Britain managed to survive Margaret Thatcher, sidebars to educate the reader about gender issues, etc. Cringeworthy stuff.

If Onyx Path is involved with this new Vampire: The Masquerade game, I'd expect more of the same. Maybe there'll be a loading screen before character creation informing players that "facists" should immediately return the game for a refund. ;)

If New Bloodlines (or whatever) is some kind of "Vampires vs. Neo-Nazis" wankfest, I'll spend my money on something else and replay the classic instead.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Vampyr is action adventure about dickens england. Released while ago.
Dark is hard to play more than one hour, even pirated version.
And the third game doesn't allow to play as vampire.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
They're all shit. The Paradox pozzfest will be equally shit. Let's not forget Paradox allowed a bunch of leftists to run WoD into the ground and only put a muzzle on them when they caused an international incident.

Quite likely the biggest challenge in making a vampire anything in the current decade is somehow managing to avoid making everyone gay.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They're all shit. The Paradox pozzfest will be equally shit. Let's not forget Paradox allowed a bunch of leftists to run WoD into the ground and only put a muzzle on them when they caused an international incident.

Quite likely the biggest challenge in making a vampire anything in the current decade is somehow managing to avoid making everyone gay.
Do you remember when Pol Pot was with that assault rifle and his girlfriend conquering country? Not every leftist was gay. I wonder if Vitnamese wouldn't kill him and rather teach him to run the country better, and don't take stuff he reads in economic books always literally, if his country will not be less shithole than it became. But he purified his country from Vietnamese, which was probably not stomachable by Vietnam. But he was leftist.

Space Nugget

Jason D. Anderson -> Turtle Rock doing god knows what
Brock Heinz -> now as with Anderson a lost soul at Turtle Rock.
Justin Cherry -> now Art Director at Turtle Rock (the well)
Sean Keegan -> pretty much immediatly went to Turtle Rock. Still there (AFAIK)
Chris Ashton -> Co-Founded Turtle Rock. Still there.
Jaime Sue -> Turtle Rock

https://www.allgamesdelta.net/2019/03/warner-bros-and-turtle-rock-studios.html

Warner bros. Interactive Entertainment and Turtle Rock Studios Announce “Back 4 Blood”

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Turtle Rock Studios today announced Back 4 Blood, from the creators and development team behind the critically acclaimed, co-op phenomenon Left 4 Dead. Back 4 Blood is designed from the ground-up as an original, premium title and marries the best of what made the co-op zombie shooter so successful with new features and state-of-the-art technology.

“We are thrilled to partner with the proven Turtle Rock Studios team on Back 4 Blood to advance the co-op zombie genre forward with innovative multiplayer gameplay,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The talented team at Turtle Rock has been developing amazing games together for a long time, and this is a great opportunity to work with them to create a new gaming universe built specifically with the large co-op zombie shooter community in mind.”

“It’s hard to overstate what an awesome opportunity this is. We get to return to a genre that was born in our studio with over ten years of additional experience and zombie ideas racked up in our brains,” said Chris Ashton, Co-founder and Design Director, Turtle Rock Studios. “We also have some of the best teammates in the business at WBIE who understand our development process and are equally committed to our player-first mentality. We love being able to announce, so we can start working with the community right away.”

“We are not resting on any past laurels. Our goal is to take all we’ve learned and push forward. We know that’s a tall order,” said Phil Robb, Co-founder and Creative Director, Turtle Rock Studios. “We’re growing the team considerably because we’re stepping up to the biggest challenge in this studio’s history. We know this title has to stand out and we fully intend to make that happen.”

For more information on Back 4 Blood, please read the FAQ.

Where is your god now? +M

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
My personal ranking

Buffy Season 2 >= Angel Season 1 > Buffy Season 3 (with caveats as decline started then) > Buffy Season 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All the garbage.

Buffy Season 2 and Angel Season 1 are for me personally really good shows. The later season of either are retarded SJW decline.

YMMV
Buffy season 6 is my favorite. :M

Wesp5

Arcane
Not really anything different to what they did with L4D and Evolve (though Zombies again, seriously?), so at the same place they were before.
Just so we are clear, that wasn't directed at you. :P

This is only another proof that Valve isn't able to create anything with the number 3 at the end. I read that they already were quite far with L4D3 before it sank in their usual chaos of not knowing what to do because Steam is a money printing monopoly. I sometimes wonder how Bloodlines would had turned out if Valve had given Troika a finished Source engine...

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The issues surrounding Bloodlines and Trokia ran deeper than a poor choice of engine. It would likely still have been a great game with a lot of bugs and cut content (but less than the version we got did).

Space Nugget

One week.

:evilcodex:

la_expipe_10003-700x525.jpg

luv u agentorange

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Will this game have microtransactions?

Right now, we’re focusing on making the best, most fun and exciting game we can. We’ll figure out the post-launch stuff later, but if we do have paid post-launch content, like microtransactions, we want to do something that the community feels good about.

Translation: Yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom