Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Really Obscure RPGs

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Orma why did you rate my post retarded? Look at this:

dsun1_10.jpg

And then this

xynjw6A.png

Looks pretty inspired by LoL to say the least :P

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Night Watch (2006), by Nival Interactive. Is based on the same franchise as that Russian movie of the same name. Uses the Silent Storm engine. Anyone played this?

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Ok so the Wikipedia page for Role-playing games uses a picture from a game called Tales of Trolls & Treasures. Now, apart from a few very very ancient posts on the RPG codex and 3 screenshots, I swear to god this game doesn't actually exist. So it's extremely bizzare that someone has put it on such a broad and highly viewed Wikipedia page. If anyone can find a video of this game, or has a copy of it and can make a short Let's Play, I would be forever in their debt

Rpg-project_0.64a_shot58.jpg

Rpg-project_0.64a_shot65.jpg
intro03.jpg

Note how this third pic is using Baldurs Gate 2 portraits

V_K

Arcane
If you open the screenshot's metadata, you'll see that it was uploaded to wiki in 2005 and comes from a website http://rpg-project.com, so the game was still in development then. It was obviously abandoned since, and the site, naturally, isn't available anymore, but the latest working snapshot the Wayback machine has is from 2014: https://web.archive.org/web/20140106111020/https://www.rpg-project.com/. So you can try dowloading the latest alpha from there, but I don't think it'll amount to much.
If I had to guess, I'd say the uploader was probably one of the devs who tried to gain publicity that way, and nobody bothered to remove the screenshot since.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hopefully everyone can find some gem among these titles!

I know I did.

Have to add some new findings to the thread (I managed to gather plenty!). Perhaps I'll find some time next week, when things get calmer at my work.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Night Watch (2006), by Nival Interactive. Is based on the same franchise as that Russian movie of the same name. Uses the Silent Storm engine. Anyone played this?

Yes. I still have the box copy even. It's glitchy/broken as fuck. Plays pretty much like silent storm on acid - Character builds are really insane and fun. I remember creating some sort of enchanter and infusing candy bars with magical properties for my team to munch on. Also made a lightsaber out of a florescent light bulb.

If I recall, you can also be a shape shifter or a mage with wierd ass spells. Add in traditional gun fair of the silent storm games, and the whole thing is pretty nutty.

The game is extremely hard and linear though, with too much scripted shit in the missions that can result in instant failure or death, giving a slight puzzle element.

It does have some decent rpg stuff in it, with dialogues and choices effecting future missions.

Sounds good but it's not... Still... I liked it better than hammer & sickle.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
I played only the Day Watch(sequel to this one i think?) 'cause the night watch disk happened to be broken or something.

I remember it's having this weird mini-game that depending on how you solved it affected your future mission. Luck controlling mobile device or something like that.
As an example, the night watch officer can recognise your werewolf companion as a wanted criminal and start a fight, but if you solved the mini-game you will have the chance to infiltrate silently. Or it can make the next mission more difficult, doing so might be a requirment in the mini-game to get some good outcome. From what i remember at least.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well, if we're speaking about Diablo clones based on the Old Testament, than here's that:

Five Guardians of David - a Diablo clone, in which you control 5 characters (you can switch between them) in a campaign to make David the king of Israel.
ss_c4041f0cd971c6173269e4a272c2319ae1f388c4.600x338.jpg

ss_ab8a52a2a5c87676691db7a85fc19b5568c510fd.600x338.jpg

ss_684acab386b91d54756b37defecaed2f60ea45dd.600x338.jpg

ss_485d220ea2ff5ee1d53b144481cf4cc0a4701f5f.600x338.jpg

ss_8d36414e123c27982c1d9d54f7933ea42855dea4.600x338.jpg

The setting is quite fresh, the reviews are not that bad either, so if someone likes simple arpgs with not much challenge, he or she can give it a go.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Didn't know the codex was into safe and clean gaming. Here's an obscure jewel for ya

theforgiveness2_box_md.jpg

"Forgiveness is an awesome turn-based RPG series (there are three games, or chapters) where you lead Jimmy, Esther, Clown, and Paul on a quest to change the world using the power of forgiveness. The graphics and gameplay are old school, like old Final Fantasy or Zelda games only without the occult or homosexual influences."

Quote taken from the best review site ever. I urge you to read his The You Testament piece ASAP.

Here's another gem to entice you:
"WWJS? is an iPhone app that has a cartoon Jesus who will give pieces of wisdom from the Bible every time you click on Him. Unlike occultic devices such as the "Magic 8-Ball", WWJS? only provides true information that is useful in every situation. I haven't been able to try it since Apple products aren't allowed on the Fellowship Campus, but from the description it sounds like it would be very useful for witnessing to the sort of unsaved hipsters who are attracted to iPhones. Get it before Apple realizes that their device is being subverted for righteousness and removes the app from their store."

You are right.
Super 3D Noah's Ark was a Christian alternative to Wolfenstein 3D. You again play Noah, only this time you have been on the Ark for months and the animals are getting restless. One day you go to do your rounds and find all the animals have escaped from their cages... and they are coming after you! You have to explore an advanced 3D model of the Ark to find them all and subdue them by shooting them with feed using a slingshot. Don't worry, this only puts them to sleep. You start off being attacked by rams and sheep, but eventually you face larger animals like a camel and elephant. The Bible doesn't say much about what happened in the Ark the 370 days that Noah and everyone were in there, so it's not to hard to imagine something like this really happening.

These are two free games done in a retro style. Soldier of God takes place in a not-too-distant future where Bibles are burned, Christians are hunted, and Bible-believers everywhere are forced into hiding. As Dr. Samuel Gipp, you must shoot your way through nine levels of witches, wizards and other murderous heathens to reach the Christian refugee camp, while collecting priceless fragments of Scripture that the bible-burners missed. Bible Defenders is a Super Mario Brothers type game where you can play as 4 different characters (including Dr. Carl Baugh and Dr. Kent Hovind, who can ride a fire-breathing dinosaur) to collect Jesus fish and hop on turtles. The graphics in both are primitive compared to modern games, but if you like old school gaming and the Bible, these might be just what you're looking for

:)

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Why don't they make a game set in the Crusades rather than going for heretic fantasy? I don't get it.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Why don't they make a game set in the Crusades rather than going for heretic fantasy? I don't get it.
it's protestants, buddy, with their biblical literalism and unfiltered interpretation and regard for jewish myth, absent of European and Church tradition

that's why

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
plebs and smol brains are not equipped to read and interpret the bible, or Church history for that matter - you ignore the obvious in an effort to chase down your little straw-made bugbears that jewish materialism has equipped you with, like golem

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom