Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MISTOVER - top-down dungeon RPG with permadeath, from PUBG developer

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Or you can call this animufied Darkest Dungeon. Developed by Korean developer KRAFTON (formerly Bluehole, the company behind PUBG).

https://www.playmistover.com/

ss_9c71f3dbec235f50fe481b697d5096391736c943.1920x1080.jpg

ss_42ce2b60b991f4aeb947cfadbd9aeaa3cbc210b5.1920x1080.jpg

Game Story
The unexpected appearance of the Vortex, Pillar of Despair, unleashed dreadful creatures that brutally raided the world. Defenseless and vulnerable, mankind was soon on the verge of extinction.

When all hope was lost, a miracle happened and the creatures suddenly vanished. Desperate to prevent the next invasion, the survivors created a group called the 'Corps' that journeys into the Vortex from whence the creatures emerged. You will lead the Corps to reveal the secrets behind the incidents.

Will the human race succeed in changing the course of their destiny?

In the Mist of the Vortex, Pillar of Despair...
  • You will be constantly dealing with internal conflicts between 'satisfaction' and 'greed'.
  • Limited visibility will hinder your exploration.
  • Utilize skills and create effective formations to achieve victory.
  • Don't forget, even your best crew members have only one life.
  • Upgrading gear is not the only way to win.
Key Features
  • Contains 40-hours of expeditions in 5 distinct regions.
  • Turn-based RPG with a twist... It can change based on your actions.
  • Maps are always changing… practice different strategies in order to survive.
  • Build an invincible Corps by combining and strategizing with 8 different Corps classes.
  • Learn new skills and upgrade equipment to enhance Corps Crew members.
  • The Mist influences EVERYTHING that happens in the game.
Your strategy will reshape the fate of mankind.
Lead the Arta Kingdom's Corps into the Misty expedition!

Why Early Access?
“KRAFTON continues to challenge even after well-known projects such as TERA and PUBG. Over the past two years, MISTOVER team has been developing a Roguelike RPG game and hope players to "Explore the Mist to decide the fate of Mankind". We'd like to improve the game through feedback from Early Access users”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We estimate vary from 6 to 12 months”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“In the full version we hope to provide players optimized game in terms of well-balanced characters and battles as well as well-polished contents to make the game more fun.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The current Early Access version is developed about 80 percent of its completion. MISTOVER team will add more new features such as In-game Customization, Multiple endings, and so on. You can find more details of MISTOVER in the “About This Software” section.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“The price will remain the same before and after Early Access.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“The feedback we receive during the Early Access will be play vital for our development. We are developing MISTOVER within limited resources, but we're planning to complete MISTOVER through players' constructive feedback. Community is welcomed to contribute by engaging in a discussion with us by commenting on general game balance, reporting issues, or even help with creating new content. We, Dev Team, will also continue to share our progress through Steam Community.”

I almost posted this on the JRPG Forum, but eh, let's see. Yeah :shrug:

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
I have no fucking idea what is happening on screens.
Negroes stealing coal in the middle of the night?

LootSeeker

Educated
The art style just doesn't work me. I'm not an absolute visual whore, but the game would really have to make up for it in other ways. Maybe it will do better than Spike TV's take on The Mist, which popped in my mind as I was watching the game's teaser.

Suicidal

Arcane
I watched a stream of this game today. In some ways the combat and exploration is an improvement over DD but after 3-4 hours the guy was still fighting the same zombies, maggots, mushrooms and crabs he was in the start and shitty combat encounter variety was one of the main reasons I couldn't bring myself to finish DD and it seems even lower here so doesn't seem like this is worth the money.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Anyone bite the bullet yet and see what the quality is? Mixed reviews but most of the negative ones aren’t in english.

Reinhardt

Arcane

What do you think? Did the Koreans pull it off?
I didn't get past demo content yet so it's only 2 more classes for now.

Random really screwed me this time. Starting characters were really shitty. To learn new skills you need to wait for character of the same class with needed skill to appear for hire, pay for him and then sacrifice him+pay in gold again+spend skillpoint(you get one per level up)
So first two weeks i was forced to run from every enemy because random decided my starting masochistic nun don't need those pesky healing skills AND new sisters spawned with exactly same skills so i couldn't even hire replacement. Without heal i can't fight on hard - enemies hit for half of my lvl 1 characters hp and without fighting i can't level. And doomsday clock is ticking if you don't do missions perfectly, including killing all enemies. I'm sitting on 10 minutes to midnight now, but at least characters are almost level 3, i have healing and some equipment(yes, for first mission they send you to your death completely naked).

Reinhardt

Arcane
I guess i'll start new run. My party is lvl 4 and i'm doing ok but i think i'm cursed. My paladin, who's supposed to be party tank, still naked. Literally zero items. And ronin, who i don't even use, have 5 or 6 pieces of magic equipment. Sister have weapon but no armor, witch have armor but no weapon and so on. Right now i'm carried by shadow+witch combo, but i don't think it will be enough for next dungeon.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I guess i'll start new run. My party is lvl 4 and i'm doing ok but i think i'm cursed. My paladin, who's supposed to be party tank, still naked. Literally zero items. And ronin, who i don't even use, have 5 or 6 pieces of magic equipment. Sister have weapon but no armor, witch have armor but no weapon and so on. Right now i'm carried by shadow+witch combo, but i don't think it will be enough for next dungeon.

If you could grade the mechanics on an A to shit scale, what would it be?

Also does this have a story? Im expecting something hyper korean.

Reinhardt

Arcane
If you could grade the mechanics on an A to shit scale, what would it be?
Combat is decent. Better than Darkest Dungeon at least. Not that it's very high bar to clear. Can't say much more, because i'm still at the beginning of the game. Need to see any boss fights at least.
Town upgrades are simple - you bring resources, you get bonus. Skill upgrades are annoying like i said earlier. Equipment upgrades are usual mmo style - sacrifice same rarity item and get tiny bonus.

Also does this have a story? Im expecting something hyper korean.
It's jrpg. With quests like "kill 5 worms". But again - it's start of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom