Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will back.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Has this been posted before? I was poking around the Heroic Fantasy Games website, and discovered for the first time the map of Mindrel, the gameworld where the Augury of Chaos will take place. I hadn't realized the backstory for this adventure had been so detailed and fleshed out.

WorldMap86.jpg

Neat, it even has the Crimson Coast including some cities from the first Knights of the Chalice.

:bro:

Good find, i lost one minute searching for Draj in the Shattered (Is)Land(s) ...

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I know that massage school students give free massages to practice their craft. Maybe this Pierre bloke can go to some art school and recruit some nerds to help them out with compensation that he can afford?

grom

Educated
I know that massage school students give free massages to practice their craft. Maybe this Pierre bloke can go to some art school and recruit some nerds to help them out with compensation that he can afford?
By the looks of it, you'd think that's what he did.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Doubt it. Have you seen skilled High School artists, much less skilled college ones? A lot of them are actually quite excellent.

cruelio

Savant
Doubt it. Have you seen skilled High School artists, much less skilled college ones? A lot of them are actually quite excellent.

Furry twitter follower found.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nice. I hope he goes with Augury of Chaos and not The Dark Arena, tho...

Please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand "Augury of chaos" is the completed game that you can get for "free" if you backup the kickstarter and it completes successfully ( so you get it a month after the kickstarter starts )
"The dark arena" is another module that is still in development and is the reason for the kickstarter - so the money goes to make "the dark arena" and could take months or years.

So it is not really about picking one name or the other...

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
BlueSalamander » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:48 am

Still working on the KotC 1 video here. In the past week I suffered from migraine, so I wasn't able to do much, unfortunately. I'm fine now. Hopefully it won't take much longer. I'm thinking to upload the new version 1.33 at the same time as the new KotC 1 trailer, so that I can do a combined mailing to news providers. Cheers!

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
by BlueSalamander » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:04 am
feanor89 wrote:Any news on the KotC 1 trailer and on the KotC KS Pierre? I'm really dying on playing it!

Yes, I've finished working on the KotC 1 trailer. I made a 13-minute version, and with the help of Tiavals, a short version of two minutes and a half. I'll upload both of them very soon, as well as the new update for KotC 1. Also did some work on a simple video presenting the KotC 2 classes, as I'd like to have a bunch of extra videos to be released during the KS.

rpgguy wrote:A kickstarter does not have to be 2 months, it could be anywhere between 1 to 60 days and the most successful ones are around 30 days or less, I think 2 months is too much.

Yes, the KS will most likely be around 30 days.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for my sluggishness these days!
icon_redface.gif

Darth Canoli

Arcane
He really has no idea how to sell a product.

Where's your trailer video showing your higher knowledge and skills ?

I find the short one good enough (didn't watch the other one), it shows the game, no bullshit, i think Pierre wants to sell his game on its own merits without promising marvels that aren't there.
He knows it's not a mass market product and i think the targeted audience will get enough info in that video to decide to take a leap.

mondblut

Arcane
Has this been posted before? I was poking around the Heroic Fantasy Games website, and discovered for the first time the map of Mindrel, the gameworld where the Augury of Chaos will take place. I hadn't realized the backstory for this adventure had been so detailed and fleshed out.

Neat, it even has the Crimson Coast including some cities from the first Knights of the Chalice.

Drawing maps with modern software is cheap. I'd rather he included some graphical engine from the first Knights of the Chalice :obviously:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
by BlueSalamander » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Hello all, here are the details of the new version 1.33 of Knights of the Chalice:

* Added a message recommending to play the demo/tutorial first when mousing over the 'Start New Game' button in the full-game version.
* Fixed many combat bugs (a number of those existed also in KotC 2, so I was able to correct these bugs in both KotC 1 and KotC 2).
* When targeting the spell Sound Burst, if you mouse over enemies with Stunning immunity, the game will now display a Stun chance of 0%.
* Added sound effects for Bull Rush, Grapple, Vampiric Ray and trading with NPCs.
* The number of each saved game is now displayed with three digits (up to saved game number 999).
* The Orc Stockade will now open up if your party finds the underground exit.

And here are the KotC 1 trailer links: short trailer / long trailer.

The next steps for me are the following:

* See what I need to do to get KotC 1 on Steam and GOG.
* Continue work on a bunch of videos I'd like to release during the Kickstarter.
* Continue work on the Kickstarter page (text, images, GIFs, reward tiers).

Thank you for the feedback, feanor89! Cheers all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
by BlueSalamander » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:39 am

Hi all,

22 videos is going to take forever.
Where did you get the idea that I'm going to do 22 videos? I said that I'm going to 'continue work on a bunch of videos I'd like to release during the Kickstarter'. In the last six or seven days, I've already finished making two videos, including the one about character classes. Those extra videos are nothing like game trailers in terms of complexity. They are quicker, easier and more fun to make.

You have a complete game for almost a half year now Pierre. This is madness!
That is irrelevant to me. I will launch the KS when I'm ready to do so, not because x months have passed since I finished coding for KotC 2, and not because anyone says that it's unreasonable for me to wait. Thank you for your patience.

He only gets to roll out his game once. He's put years into it. The impatient few are less significant than the masses who have no idea the game is even on the way, and the more complete the roll-out, the more successful we can expect the game to be. That means more content. Let's just chill.
Absolutely!

he's also making hard core fans as us feel a little cheated, because the game has been ready for ages and the KS never starts.
My apologies to all hard-core fans who feel a little cheated. However, there are a few things I want to highlight.

Firstly, this KS is not going to be launched before I've joined Steam - or before I've found out that I cannot join Steam, if that happens to be the case. The whole reason for me to make the KotC 1 trailer before the KS is launched, is so that I could have a proper launch on Steam. Therefore, the idea that I would launch my KS before I get onto Steam is absurd! Further, getting on Steam is a process that also takes time. I asked them some questions on the 23rd; I am still waiting for the answer. Once I finish the initial process (which I won't do before I get the reply to my questions), it seems that they also take 30 days to review everything before allowing you to launch a game.

Secondly, you are right to say that it's Pierre's game, but actually... it's not just Pierre's game. It's Pierre's life we're talking about here, not just his game. What is a Kickstarter, if not a person or team making a number of promises and commitments that then impact the person's life? Again, apologies if anyone feels cheated, it has never been my intention to cheat anyone. Please understand that launching a KS is not a trifle thing for the project developer. It should be done when the person is ready and not one minute earlier.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
by BlueSalamander » Wed May 08, 2019 4:50 am

Hello all, here's a quick update. In the past ten days or so, I created five KotC 2 combat videos using existing footage. I also paid the Steam fee and filled in all the Steam paperwork. Now I have access to the SteamWorks interface and Software Development Kit, but I don't know how to use them yet. So the first order of business for me is to learn how SteamWorks works so that I can create a Steam page for KotC. I also have to think about what to put in the KS page and do a website update to facilitate sending out KotC 2 to KS backers.

Thank you for your support Marinx and VinctLeiter! We're all human beings, so we all have our desires and emotions. As a human being, a game developer can't be super productive all the time like a machine would. Same thing for a writer like George R. R. Martin who takes a lot of time to write his books simply because he wants to do high-quality work, not because he wants his fans to be angry or frustrated.
icon_e_smile.gif

Tigranes

Arcane
He.... he does remind me of the people who do your paperwork when you file anything in France, you know.

"Yes, but maybe come back next week, and I will press this submit button here, see what happens, yes?"

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The fact that he didn't apply to Steam for both of his games (or at least the original) before he even started the Kickstarter shows that the guy is utterly fucking insane.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom