Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Point Hospital - Theme Hospital spiritual successor

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Players:
Last 30 Days 1,090.3 -37.3 -3.31% 2,603
No words from devs about further fixing GP office problem. Or any mentions at all. Forums are silent

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Get an overview of the brand new, free Interior Designer update for Two Point Hospital. Get your own walls, floors, rugs and pictures into the game in just seconds... and it's out RIGHT NOW!

Put your own face in the game, and then publish it to the Steam Workshop for instant global superfame. Or take a photo of your cat and turn it into the cutest wallpaper you've ever seen (you're biased).

We're always listening to community feedback, and this is the latest in a long series of free updates for Two Point Hospital. Stay tuned for more great updates coming soon!

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
They aimed for a branch of sim games. Lack of support won't help them much, given that game is still in bad shape

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
Same shit. Reskins and new diseases yet no sign of fixing game's glaring problems. They even now have mess of a GP office. Scam

I played the game only briefly (Intel GPU laptop) but it appear to be a modern take on Bullfrog TH, except the lack of sandbox mod. What would those glaring issues be?

rezaf

Cipher
Same shit. Reskins and new diseases yet no sign of fixing game's glaring problems. They even now have mess of a GP office. Scam

I played the game only briefly (Intel GPU laptop) but it appear to be a modern take on Bullfrog TH, except the lack of sandbox mod. What would those glaring issues be?

Back when I last played, there were a few. Mostly that the game systems didn't scale well, i.e. after a certain influx of patiens, systems basically broke down and the only way to win those scenarios was dumb luck or gaming the system.
For example, pathfinding issues paired with lack of fine tuning controls, meant at some point a ton of people died waiting to be diagnosed, because somebody would wander off to the other end of the hospital to frequent a vending machine, was called in while he was there and then his long voyage back meant the queue was fubar'd.
Were these things fixed at some point? Space Satan doesn't make it sound like it.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Sega acquires the developer, and they have multiple unannounced titles that will be revealed "in the coming months": https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-05-09-sega-acquires-two-point-studios

Sega acquires Two Point Studios
Developer of Two Point Hospital becomes the first acquisition stemming from the publisher's Searchlight initiative

Two Point Studios has joined the Sega family. Sega Europe today announced that it has acquired the Farnham-based developer of Two Point Hospital.

Two Point Hospital launched last August to impressive sales and positive reviews. It was the debut title from Two Point, which was founded in 2016 by Mark Webley, Gary Carr, and Ben Hymers.

The light-hearted hospital simulation was familiar ground for Webley and Carr, who viewed the game as a spiritual successor to Theme Hospital, a title they worked on together at Bullfrog more than 20 years ago. It was intended to be the first in a franchise of simulation games sharing a similar tone and set in the fictitious Two Point County.

"It's a landmark step for Two Point Studios and we're thrilled to be joining the Sega family," Webley said. "We're looking forward to executing the next phase of our plans as we continue to evolve Two Point County. It's a hugely exciting time to be a part of Two Point and we are here today thanks to the hard work, passion and dedication of our small, but amazingly talented team here in Farnham and the incredible fans that have supported us throughout and guided our continued development of Two Point Hospital."

The Two Point Studios acquisition is the first such pick-up to stem directly from Sega Europe's Searchlight program, an internal initiative intended to identify new talent and IP opportunities for the publisher. Sega has been involved with Two Point since it signed a publishing deal for Two Point Hospital in 2017.

"We're delighted to welcome Two Point Studios officially in to the Sega family," said Sega Europe president and COO Gary Dale. "As a relatively new, British-based developer with a global hit already under their belts, we knew we had to move quickly on this deal because they are an extremely attractive investment proposition with a great deal of talent. The Searchlight team at Sega Europe have done a fantastic job integrating the studio over the past two years and the studio have gone on to produce a fantastic title with clear franchise potential."

Sega says Two Point has multiple unannounced titles in the works that it will reveal more about in the coming months.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
They still not fixed GP office overcrowding and pathfinding and they release a DLC with some new models. Grrreat...
  • 3 mysterious new locations
  • 3 new, fully animated cure machines
  • 11 new visual illnesses
  • 34 new illnesses in total
  • New gameplay
  • New music, DJ and tannoy lines
That is literally nothing to do with game functionality. It will be the same old buggy repetitive game.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game is dull as dishwater. Steam review.

TLDR:
"A patient appeared and has to go to a particular room. Build that room."
"OK, I built that room."
"OK, the patient went there."

Repeat a hundred times. Then go to the next level and repeat again a thousand times.

Only good if you are so depressed you want to destroy your time, and you don't even want to play a fun time-waster game while doing it.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
The same shit. You will do exactly the same thing like in every other mission. This part where they sell TEXT diseases in DLC is awesome - you add a bit of text and voila - new content! All new diseases are just new animations, base gameplay still suffers from horrendous shortcomings, like cafes being HARMFUL while being more advanced in a "tech tree". PU offices still can't manage queues, 95% of items are useless, the gameplay is so stagnated that you won't deviate from the same build order in each and every mission.
This game is a fraud and a cashgrab.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.twopointstudios.com/two-point-hospital-off-the-grid-release-date

TWO POINT HOSPITAL: OFF THE GRID – RELEASE DATE
Uh oh… we found a blocker!

Hello everyone!

Being the straight talking people we are here at Two Point Studios, we’re going to tell you exactly what’s going on. In short, we’ve had to make the difficult decision to push the release of Two Point Hospital: Off The Grid back one more week to the 25th of March 2020.

So what happened!?

Good question! Well, we updated the build, sent it to some of our super awesome beta testers, gave some wonderful content creators early access, and even bought a delicious fudge cake (nothing to do with the release, it was someones birthday…somewhere), everything was going great! That is, until one fateful evening when our fantastic QA testers found a crash in the build.

Figuring crashes out isn’t as hard as it sounds… it’s much harder. There are so many variables to look through, so many experiments to perform and in a lot of cases, so many weird inconsistencies. Naturally we’ve had the whole studio trying to reliably reproduce this issue. It’s been a slippery little blighter, but our awesome team believe they’ve found the cause and are now working on a fix for it, we just need some more time to make sure this issue won’t affect anyone.

We’re really excited for everyone to try out this new DLC, it’s something we’re incredibly proud of and we want you to enjoy it to its fullest! But we’re simply not happy to release it when there could still be a major issue there, it’s not fair on you and it doesn’t represent the amazing work the team have put into it.

So the new date we’ve set is Wednesday 25th of March 2020. Lastly, for anyone concerned about the 10% early adopters bonus, we will be extending it to a week after the new launch date!

Thanks for your patience, we know it’s frustrating, but it’s for the best.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
This game is awesome, what the fuck are some guys smoking here? Yes it may have some bugs and issues, oh fuck no game ever had that, i mean Theme Hospital is perfect amirite? Yes it is repetitive, show me a game that is not in some sense repetitive. Seriously this is one of the most hillarius management games on the market.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom