Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
One one hand I am interested in this game.

On the other I would be giving Activision money who is on my black list.

Sentinel

Arcane
It's quite amazing how much A/B-team rhetoric gets thrown around in regards to FromSoft when the credits for the entire trilogy of Dark Souls are on the internet and anyone can check that it's a completely baseless theory. There's no "A/B Team", Dark Souls 2 was just restarted halfway into development (which already included heavy work on engine modifications) + had a director change, which perfectly explains how shit it ended up being.

Yep, completely baseless when this has been said by the man himself:

""Dark Souls 3 is being developed by a different development team to Bloodborne, director Hidetaka Miyazaki has confirmed, with only Miyazaki and "some visual designers" at From Software having worked across both titles."

https://www.videogamer.com/news/dark_souls_3_is_being_developed_by_a_different_team_to_bloodborne
Amazing.
My claim: "The Dark Souls team from DkS1 and 3 has stayed relatively the same."
Your counterpoint: NO IT HASN'T YOU RETARD CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE THAT SAYS THE BLOODBORNE AND DARK SOULS 3 TEAM ISNT THE SAME
Thanks for your worthless input. Learn to read dipshit.

RapineDel

Augur
It's quite amazing how much A/B-team rhetoric gets thrown around in regards to FromSoft when the credits for the entire trilogy of Dark Souls are on the internet and anyone can check that it's a completely baseless theory. There's no "A/B Team", Dark Souls 2 was just restarted halfway into development (which already included heavy work on engine modifications) + had a director change, which perfectly explains how shit it ended up being.

""Dark Souls 3 is being developed by a different development team to Bloodborne, director Hidetaka Miyazaki has confirmed, with only Miyazaki and "some visual designers" at From Software having worked across both titles."

https://www.videogamer.com/news/dark_souls_3_is_being_developed_by_a_different_team_to_bloodborne
Amazing.
Your counterpoint: NO IT HASN'T YOU RETARD CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE THAT SAYS THE BLOODBORNE AND DARK SOULS 3 TEAM ISNT THE SAME

So what are you saying? That they strictly use one team for Dark Souls, hired a whole other team for Bloodborne and now that same team is just twiddling their thumbs? You also said A/B-team in regards to From Soft as a whole, only using that Dark Souls comparison as an example. Pretty obvious that you just clicked on a couple of Dark Souls games, saw a couple of credits that were the same and that was enough evidence for you to dismiss them having more then one team. You seem to have a short fuse, put that energy into doing some research next time.

Sentinel

Arcane

Amazing.

So what are you saying? That they strictly use one team for Dark Souls, hired a whole other team for Bloodborne and now that same team is just twiddling their thumbs? You also said A/B-team in regards to From Soft as a whole, only using that Dark Souls comparison as an example. Pretty obvious that you just clicked on a couple of Dark Souls games, saw a couple of credits that were the same and that was enough evidence for you to dismiss them having more then one team. You seem to have a short fuse, put that energy into doing some research next time.
No, you illiterate dumbass, I'm saying the Dark Souls 1-3 teams are largely the same. The difference in the Bloodborne team is due to the fact that at least half the team was Sony Japan Studio's.

RapineDel

Augur

Amazing.

No, you illiterate dumbass, I'm saying the Dark Souls 1-3 teams are largely the same. The difference in the Bloodborne team is due to the fact that at least half the team was Sony Japan Studio's.

What am I missing here (or the thousands of other people who agree on this) with the in game credits?

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/credits

http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/credits

The teams are largely different. Yes, Sony Japan had a hand in Bloodborne which is part of why they own the IP but saying Dark Souls 1-3 teams were largely the same is inaccurate.

Silva

Arcane
images

sullynathan

Arcane
There was way more traction in the dark souls, dark souls 2, scholar of the first sin, dark souls 3 & bloodborne threads and the latter was a PS4 exclusive.

Are so few of you looking forward to sekiro? It doesn't look that different.

Jinn

Arcane
There was way more traction in the dark souls, dark souls 2, scholar of the first sin, dark souls 3 & bloodborne threads and the latter was a PS4 exclusive.

Are so few of you looking forward to sekiro? It doesn't look that different.

I think there could be several reasons for this. A lot of people here disliked DaS3 greatly, and because of that lost faith in the direction FROM was taking as a result. The setting of Sekiro is certain to turn many around here off, for obvious reasons. As much as codexers complain about lack of diversity in game settings, dark medieval fantasy will always be favored over something like dark sengoku historical fantasy. The lack of a full RPG system with individual stats is surely a turn-off to many. Beyond that, some might be diligently avoiding spoilers. Finally, I'm sure there is a general ambivalence towards the project because "just another FROM Software game" mentality.

All of the above were reasons I was interested, but not particularly excited about Sekiro - except the DaS3 hate which I liked alright, and Sekiro's setting which I love. UNTIL I was able to educate myself about it with some of the latest preview information. Game is now pre-ordered and I couldn't be more excited and impatient for the release. It looks magnificent. The butthurt about how much it is different from Souls games, how much more difficult it is, and lack of multiplayer from the general gaming public will also be magnificent. The game is different, which is awesome and will piss off a bunch of morons who want the same shit shoveled into their mouths time and time again. The game will still sell millions despite this and will hopefully lead to more innovative titles by FROM as we go into the future.

Last edited:

DemonKing

Arcane
Sekiro is already near the top of the Steam charts and hasn't even been released yet - I'm pretty sure this is not going to be a flop.

Jinn

Arcane
Are the reviews still embargoed? Seems suspicious. Like Activision doesn't want people to know something.

Reviews are usually embargoed until a day or two before release almost always.

Also, does it really matter what mainstream "game journalism" says about this game anyway, in regards to its true quality? I wouldn't worry.

Ezekiel

Arcane

bataille

Arcane
I was so excited about the game at its announcement that I decided to purposefully avoid all articles, videos, etc. Now, a few months later, I got apathetic and uninterested in it instead. Willfully ignoring it probably tricked my brain into not caring. Kill me.

Jinn

Arcane
I was so excited about the game at its announcement that I decided to purposefully avoid all articles, videos, etc. Now, a few months later, I got apathetic and uninterested in it instead. Willfully ignoring it probably tricked my brain into not caring. Kill me.

Too bad. You should be very excited.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
The game is different, which is awesome and will piss off a bunch of morons who want the same shit shoveled into their mouths time and time again.

If they make Dark Souls 4 everyone will complain they keep making the same thing.

They make Sekiro and people complain that its different.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe I imagined it but I think Miyazaki said he wanted to do a sci fi thing? I would love to see something wildly different from FROM, but still maintaining DS sensibilities. The worst thing about creating something as game changing as DS series is most people see the core game designs and philosophies as tied into the aesthetics and genre. I mean just look at all the "dark souls-likes"...

bataille

Arcane

I've been trying to reignite my interest for the past few days. I think it's working! Albeit a bit slowly. But I'm sure it's gonna come back to me when it unlocks on steam! It's similar to how it went with dark souls 3, but I wasn't this reflective on my feeling towards it then, lmao. I have faith in sekiro!

PrettyDeadman

I've been trying to reignite my interest for the past few days. I think it's working! Albeit a bit slowly. But I'm sure it's gonna come back to me when it unlocks on steam! It's similar to how it went with dark souls 3, but I wasn't this reflective on my feeling towards it then, lmao. I have faith in sekiro!
Believe in yourself!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So Youtubers didn't get advanced copies this time around? If I vaguely remember with DS3 Twitch was full of the game a week before release.

polo

Magister
I think most youtube/twitch streamers got invited to tokyo instead of a pre release copy. Some were able to show some gameplay and shit but thats all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom