Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fluent plays KotC

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

So how far do I have to go until I get a campfire? I'm walking into the room with 5 wizards, hoping to kill them and find a campfire soon. Any ideas?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I've seen the video, meets a grp of wizards nicely placed for a fireball to wipe them out instantly but ... Fluent doesn't have fireball on his wizard. Lul.
There's no campfire before the dragon, only afterwards when you refuse to ally with the bandit leader one campfire appears if you kill him. You seem pretty much at the beginning of the orc stockade, if you have a save before entering it I would use that and instead go to the temple in Vanicia donate gold and get a few thousand XP and / or grind random encounters until you leveled up once to pick spells like fireballs. Or check merchants if they have a fireball scroll.

visions

Arcane
Of course, if you waste feats on scribe scrolls and useless crafting skills, you're never going to make it.
Weapons (and possibly armor) is all you need, specially if you choose exotic weapons, but that's mostly for mid to late game.

Scribing scrolls and crafting are both far from useless, iirc many people considered them overpowered. It's been years so I don't remember if I personally used scribing scrolls much but I do remember I crafted everyone in my party the best equipment I could.

cruelio

Savant
Love it, but why is it so bruuutalll?

I want to keep playing but can you please give me a campfire to rest pretty please? I'm stuck in the orc blockade trying to kill wizards and all I can do is scribe scrolls to survive. :0-13:

OP I didn't read a single word of this thread to see if someone already said this but clerics and wizards can make wands whenever they feel like it even if they've already cast the spell in question so you can just make all the wands of fireball and cure moderate wounds you want because Pierre can't into balance. Congrats you don't need to rest anymore.

Deleted Member 16721

OP I didn't read a single word of this thread to see if someone already said this but clerics and wizards can make wands whenever they feel like it even if they've already cast the spell in question so you can just make all the wands of fireball and cure moderate wounds you want because Pierre can't into balance. Congrats you don't need to rest anymore.

I noticed that, but it takes quite a bit of gold. But I can also scribe scrolls so that can do a similar thing for both my wizard and cleric. I don't have fireball but I can make a bunch of Magic Missile and Cure Moderate Wounds so that would get me past this sticky situation. IF I have enough gold, though...

Darth Canoli

Arcane

"Balance" is one of the worst thing that happened to cRPG gaming, along with Unity and RTwP.

Besides, nobody forces anyone to craft wands, the most stupid part of your message being you complaining about the lack of balance due to the wand crafting option and you suggesting to do so.

:deathclaw:

I didn't craft any wand nor scroll and even if there is some tough spots; which is good in my book; it never led to a dead end so balanced it is, because there's just enough campsites to go through the game but if you feel like it, you can use "overpowered" features and brag about it on the codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom