Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why the fuck are you talking FBI?! It is just a interprovincial police in the USA,it have nothing to do with hunting monsters. Also what patterns!? There is hundreds of uncaught serial killers there,but you expect them see a few videos on youtube about creepy pasta and decide to go fairy hunting?! Maybe you should stop watching stupid american tv shows for a while.
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Second_Inquisition
After 2004, the NSA managed to crack SchreckNet and gained firsthand knowledge of the existence of a race of undead bloodsuckers that were spread in all corners of the world. Sharing their knowledge with other intelligence agencies, the united secret services contacted the Vatican, whom they knew to have experience fighting the undead. The Church accepted, granting them access to its resources as well as the experienced witch-hunters of the Society of Leopold.

After years of careful research, the Second Inquisition had targeted Vienna as the "capital of vampires" and prepared a strike against their headquarters. In 2008, a united USSOCOM and Vatican ESOG force augmented with experienced Brazilian hunter-killer teams stormed the Vienna Chantry of Clan Tremere and destroyed it, blaming it to an ISIS terror attack to the public. London, Las Vegas, Paris, and Marseilles were largely cleared of vampiric activity, with numerous captured vampires being placed in black sites and experimented upon to discover their weaknesses.

The united might of these forces overwhelmed the undead. Domains weakened by the disappearance of elders that were called to the East by the Beckoning fell, with dozens of their number dying. The Anarchs blamed the Camarilla for failing them at a critical moment and a global revolt took place against them, further weakening the sect. Communications between domains has become a dangerous affair, with most vampire domains becoming isolated islands that fall back to using complicated codes to send each other messages. While the Camarilla has banned any form of electronic communication, the Anarchs flout this rule, skirting dangerously close to violating the Masquerade and bringing the Inquisition on their heads, but are better connected with each other as a result. The Sabbat has lost many of their strongholds and has to resort to clandestine terror attacks in other domains. The ones who fare best in this climate are, ironically, the Thin-bloods, who are human enough to throw their hunters off the hook.

The existence of the Second Inquisition is a clandestine secret even among the various secret services they draw from. Most of the common personnel only know of coordinated strikes against "terrorists" and similar acceptable targets. Their operations are guided by an intra agency collaboration called FIRSTLIGHT that strives to keep their activities hidden from the public and even their superiors. This has much to do with paranoia; FIRSTLIGHT believes that any government official could be compromised and be a secret slave to a vampire.

The word "vampire" is not used in official briefings. Instead, the agents speak of "blankbodies", referring to the low body temperature of the undead that marks them as inhuman.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
How did she ruin Dishonored 2? Also, why aren't the secret agencies using the vampires as their agents? Why default to exterminating them? It seems to me that whatever agency employ the vampires, they'd have a tremendous advantage over everyone else.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Three days left and I'm not hyped.

Me too, I just can't see this being any good. At most it will be a functional first person shooter with a vampire background, but I very much doubt it'll be even close to Bloodlines or even Redemption.

Tao

Savant
I'm sorry but the whole goverment against vampires is stupid at best, especially in WW world of darkness. Vampires are by nature (set by the devs) manipulative predators, that's the whole point and the attractive of playing one. They run the house (in the shadows of course).

The Antediluvian plot i dont mind. I find it interesting, if only they would be used for more that "You can´t play a power level vampire because he goes retard to the middle east". Still it open the field for new/young vampire (aka the player) to aspire to be someone and have an agency of his own instead of be only the "pawn".

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
I'm sorry but the whole goverment against vampires is stupid as best, especially in WW world of darkness. Vampires are by nature (set by the devs) manipulative predators, that's the whole point and the attractive of playing one. They run the house (in the shadows of course).
The Church has both the Society of Leopold and clan Lasombra within it. The world of darkness is like concentric circles of ever greater assholes.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Why are you people hyped about it ?
This is paradox we are talking about.
Only non dlc milking thing they did was Tyrrany and it failed financially.

I would love solid something about running your own clan etc like cultist simulator but expecting from them Bloodlines follow up is hilarious joke.

Delterius

Arcane
The Church has both the Society of Leopold and clan Lasombra within it.

Can you please explain what clan Lasombra does inside the church?
From what I know, there seems to be a long tradition of the Lasombra holding positions within the Catholic Church as part of their repertoire, much like a Ventrue might be a businessman in the modern age. Hence the Sabbat's distribution of church-like titles from bishop to cardinal. Such traditions diminished a lot since the dark ages, but it appears to still be relevant within the Lasombra. To the point where there's factions within the Lasombra who believe in their own damnation in the terms of the Catholic faith and who worship God, seeing themselves as a means to God's will.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
GOG's suspicious Vampire themed livestream: "mysterious Bloody Good Game that will soon descend upon GOG.COM": https://af.gog.com/news/vampire_games_marathon_on_gogcom?as=1649904300

VAMPIRE GAMES MARATHON ON GOG.COM

Thirsty for fun? These thrilling vampire games will sip out your free time and fill it with pure excitement.

Follow our courageous Stream Team as they decide whether to become vampires or vampire slayers. Browse through our collection of Bloody Good Games, watch the livestreams and discover the mysterious Bloody Good Game that will soon descend upon GOG.COM.

Sounds like the new Vampire game also may be coming to GOG day 1 like other recent Paradox games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Nugget

GOG's suspicious Vampire themed livestream: "mysterious Bloody Good Game that will soon descend upon GOG.COM": https://af.gog.com/news/vampire_games_marathon_on_gogcom?as=1649904300

VAMPIRE GAMES MARATHON ON GOG.COM

Thirsty for fun? These thrilling vampire games will sip out your free time and fill it with pure excitement.

Follow our courageous Stream Team as they decide whether to become vampires or vampire slayers. Browse through our collection of Bloody Good Games, watch the livestreams and discover the mysterious Bloody Good Game that will soon descend upon GOG.COM.

Sounds like the new Vampire game also may be coming to GOG day 1 like other recent Paradox games.
aqQ7Hf.jpg

https://lp.gog.com/bloodygoodgame

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom