Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Where were the refund requests when Gollop truly fucked things over?

Was it even possible to get refund earlier than this?

To dispel the mystery!, yes.

I went to discord and said to unstablevoltage that I'll wait him into the parking lot and slit his throat if he doesn't refund me.
No, I did not tell him that. It was a joke.
I told him I was disenchanted (actual word used) with the direction the game was heading and my money is better well spent on my year long supply of anal lube.

SPOILER_image.png

My old man eyes see this as cell shaded. Is that correct? Or is this just some new render or lighting bug?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
To be fair, Gollop sort of maybe impiled that perhaps after installing the Malware Launcher you can launch the game from the EXE and delete the Launcher if you want.
I'm not sure you can even implement something like that in Ching Chong Nip Wong Gib Dorrar Dumb Laowai Launcher. But I too remember that he said something like that, so we'll have to wait and see.

It's been working like that since the last December.
But the Chinese WILL watch you fap through your webcam, mine bitcoin for the grorious communist empire and further mess up your already borked Bard's Tale 4 saves so avoid.

ArchAngel

Arcane
To be fair, Gollop sort of maybe impiled that perhaps after installing the Malware Launcher you can launch the game from the EXE and delete the Launcher if you want.
I'm not sure you can even implement something like that in Ching Chong Nip Wong Gib Dorrar Dumb Laowai Launcher. But I too remember that he said something like that, so we'll have to wait and see.

It's been working like that since the last December.
But the Chinese WILL watch you fap through your webcam, mine bitcoin for the grorious communist empire and further mess up your already borked Bard's Tale 4 saves so avoid.
Don't forget they will also steal all the Grimoire data from your computer so they can make Grimore 2: Chinese version.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Don't wanna do a charge back I think.

The reviews look a bit better on this site though:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/transferwise.com?page=2
I was hesitant as well when I received the e-mail from Transferwise. But then I realized they weren't asking me for any information that isn't on every check I've ever written, and I've passed more than a few checks to businesses that are likely more questionable than Transferwise. Supposedly my money will arrive in my checking account on Monday.

I did the Transferwise stuff and got my money today.

Same here. Lost about 6 bucks though.

Send snapshot support an email, something similar happened to me, apparently they're looking into it.

Alienman, follow-up since you were in the same sittuation

Hi ~~~~,

After investigation we have discovered that the discrepancy in the refund amount you have received is an issue affecting our Fig customers. At the time Fig pledges were made, all payment data we received was in USD and not your local currency. Because we have worked with the USD value, the resulting refund wasn't accurate.

In order to fix this, we can offer you one of the following options:

1. You can receive the difference in the refund with a direct payment to you via PayPal (Please provide your PayPal email address, and the email from TransferWise with details of how much you received).
2. You can keep the amount we refunded, and also retain your pre-order to Phoenix Point and all associated rewards. As a reminder, you will receive the game on both the Epic Store and a Steam or GOG key when it comes to those platforms.

Please let us know which option you would like - we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Tbh at 4€ which is what I'm owed it is tempting to keep it... :M

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
From discord:
King's Rook Today at 2:31 AM
bits and pieces
what is planned to be in BB4 is as follows (subject to game-breaking bugs necessitating their removal):
• Phoenix Project soldiers (Assault, Heavy, Sniper)
• Phoenix Project equipment
• Phoenix base defense
• Phoenix base building(?)
• Anu slums tiles
• Chiron enemy
• Fireworm enemy
• Siren enemy
• New Jericho soldiers and civilians in their Havens
• Basic perk progression system
• Reworked overwatch
• Tweaked AI
• Overhauled inventory U
I • Prototype event system

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Of everything, I'm very glad to finally take a glimpse in BB4 of stealth, research, manufacturing, diplomacy and mental traumas mechanics, besides Anu/Synedrion factions. Because, you know, September -> 6 months -> still pre-alpha -> lol

Last edited:

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
xcom-2-soldier-bonds-1-640x360.jpg

The great innovation by the founder of the genre is to to replace "XCOM" by "PHOENIX" and "AP" by "SP". Oh and to add pads.
Everything just looks like a blander and cheaper version of nuxcom, down to the ridiculous plastic armor.

Mazisky

Magister
If they keep emulating Nuxcom in both graphics and gameplay i wonder how they'll keep an audience when Xcom 3 will be announced. And probably it will before PP release.

The only chance this game has is to be really different, i hope the geoscape part is worth it

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Relax, with epic money they will turn it into 11/10 tactical goat any day now. Your fucking poorfag donations were able to sponsor shoulder pads only, but these restrictions are no more and incline will commence

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom