Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Other games like Ultima 4 and PST?

Silva

Arcane
...where things like behaviour, choices and dilemmas are central to the experience?

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Isn't Tyranny marketed as such?

Not just marketed, despite other flaws, the game does pretty well in the CnC department and is pretty reactive as well.

One thing I particularly enjoyed was that ..

based on your previous choices and dialogue choices you could demonstrate your superior understanding of Kyro's Law to Tunon, who is the Archon and literal physical embodiment of Kyro's Law. He could then join you whereas other would have to fight him as endboss

Tyranny was a pretty good game actually, even better in hinsight, now after I got over the terribly boring combat.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Sword of the Samurai and Expeditions: Conquistador. Perhaps even Alter Ego if you think of it as an RPG (which it is).

Martyr

Arcane
Prelude to Darkness.
it's certainly not like Ultima 4 or Planetscape, but Prelude's story is all about moral dilemmas and your choices.

aeroaeko

Learned
Why do we search for these things in video games when we could go outside and experience all of it in real life? Is it the fantasy element of not being able to do certain activities in modern life, such as slaughtering armies and warfare etc? If you think about it life is basically the biggest and most complex rpg available to us but instead we choose to waste our time in our rooms playing wildly inferior versions on our home computers. Really makes you think....

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why do we search for these things in video games when we could go outside and experience all of it in real life? Is it the fantasy element of not being able to do certain activities in modern life, such as slaughtering armies and warfare etc? If you think about it life is basically the biggest and most complex rpg available to us but instead we choose to waste our time in our rooms playing wildly inferior versions on our home computers. Really makes you think....
\

If I fuck up something in a game I reload, if I fuck up something in real life it can involve hospital bills, lawsuits, jail time, or even untimely death.

vota DC

Augur
\

If I fuck up something in a game I reload, if I fuck up something in real life it can involve hospital bills, lawsuits, jail time, or even untimely death.

Don't worry you won't die. Unless proven otherwise you are immortal, I never heard about someone complaining that he died after a bad choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom