Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Space Nugget

Follow our courageous Stream Team as they decide whether to become vampires or vampire slayers. Watch the livestreams and discover the mysterious bloody good game that is coming to GOG.COM.

Ain't nobody got time for that. :M

GothicWizard

Literate
While I am excited for this, my only gripe is I am sure they will be basing this on V5 rules and while, business wise, I understand why they have to do that, I am much more a fan of V20.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
15528407142750740mokj0.gif
So what was the point of this twitch stream?
It was a test run for the larger upcoming event.

YankeeBravo

Literate
I'm sorry but the whole goverment against vampires is stupid at best, especially in WW world of darkness. Vampires are by nature (set by the devs) manipulative predators, that's the whole point and the attractive of playing one. They run the house (in the shadows of course).

No it's not.

Aside from what's already been mentioned, the oWoD (pre New WOD/whatever they're on now) heavily involved government hunters. The primary sourcebook was Project Twilight which introduced the FBI's Special Affairs Department (SAD), along with similar initiatives in the CIA, NSA and CDC. The NSA had been heavily infiltrated by the Technocracy/NWO, but FBI SAD was a ton of fun to play in campaigns (and MU* back in the good old days of Cajun Nights and the like). They made great foils for the supernaturals for a few reasons. First, Project Twilight characters tended to be plain mortals, but with the unrestricted resources and technology of the federal government. Lots of great themes of government conspiracy (since the goal isn't to expose, but to contain and control) and humanity fighting against and ancient and superior enemy.

Worked a whole lot better than the disappointment that was WW's Hunter: the Reckoning that focused primarily on combat involving mortal+ type characters with divine abilities.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
[launch while reading .... including hidden truth.. . . . ]

tenor.gif

.... ... .. . .. .. .. ..... .. [message incoming ] ... .. . . . New game from PDX about Vampires [ stop ] It is VtM:Bloodlines "Remake" with Vampire: New Realm + Requiem mechanics & Lore plus lot of new quests and storylines, call it "remake" but it is actually new game to be truth with lot of sentiment to legendary ancestor by Troika, just like new pen & paper Vampire New Realm - Requiem and it is much more Lore oriented with special love to much more political focus and personal nature of each Vampire, thus it will offer much less restricted game world with many new possiblities , including Torpor mechanics to alter the outcomes of stories [stop ] It is first, fresh restart of whole Vampire franchise - under IP of White Wolf series of rpg games similar to Elder Scrolls series in logic from Bethesda but this time from Paradox [stop] Next game in the series is planned around 2023 [stop ] Chris Avellone and some other legendary devs including folks like Scott C from F1 team etc. are part of the project , oriented to bring White Wolf creations to real gaming life[stop] It is breakthrough crpg project oriented for Interplay/Troika quests-lore fanatic attention to details without tech bugs along with new technology [stop] It will be game that make Witcher 3 crawl in pain [stop] ... only comparable release will be Cyberpunk 2077 in near future together with new crpg IP from CDPR based on works of other polish fantasy author ... [stop ] ..[stop] Destroy after reading .. [stop] ...... .... . ...........
vampire-the-requiem-3-638.jpg

[.. . .. . . . .. .. . . . ...... .... dreams can come true . . . . .. . .. . . . . . . . . . .]​

Last edited:

Nines_Anarch

Learned
Refreshing the page quickly reveals a $99.99 price tag; most likely a placeholder though (unless it's a special edition).

https://www.gog.com/partner/bloodygoodgames

untitlede0jhy.png

Confirmed it will be a Quadruple AAAA game xD
I really don't care about the price as much as the game is good.
The most important part about that is that the game will be released this year 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
What's making some of you say that it's a 2019 release? I mean they've just acquired the license 3 years ago and that's a short development cycle these days.

Mobile development doesn't take that long.
Fuck you, this is no joking matter. I was getting pumped reading this thread like Arnies heart in 1985 after downing some steroid laced preworkout on his way to to film Red Sonja in order to pipedown young Brigitte Nielsen. Then I saw YOUR post and my pump timejumped to 2018's Arnies heart on the operation table. They better not do a Blizzard or I am personally blaming you.

Black

Arcane
He's right, you'll be able to buy blood points on the Paradox's e-store. And cosmetic stuff costs thousands of bps.

Theldaran

Liturgist
What's Vampire got to do with my tendies??
Don't stick your tender bits into a vamp's mouth. You don't know where those fangs have been.

Reminder that vampires can suck blood out of your tender bits since it has veins.
how to get vampire gf

You can let yourself be Embraced. Or if you want more femdom, let yourself be used as a ghoul. Or maybe just part of her herd. Anyway, things don't look good for you.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What's making some of you say that it's a 2019 release? I mean they've just acquired the license 3 years ago and that's a short development cycle these days.

3.5 is standard for full-scale RPGs worked on by dozens of people. This won't be some hundreds of millions of dollars project.

Theldaran

Liturgist
It has been confirmed it's out in 2019, right? Probably it will hit Christmas peak, like KOTOR2 did back in the day.

Hope they aren't rushing it because of a Christmas release.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Damn you Codex, you got me hyped. Been a long time since I've seen you all this excited for something that, we all know, is likely to be meh.

But we fight for that tiny spark of hope! I believe!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom