Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware System Shock 3 by OtherSide Entertainment - taken over by Tencent!

Max Heap

Arcane
Where the fuck do they find all these fucking trannies? Is there some kind of fucking agency? Fuck.

:prosper:

For fucking real though...

You'd think it's already hard to find 0.6 (?) percent of the population, but finding the tech savy ones among those in such numbers kinda indicates you'd be going out of your way to put them on the front line.

Or it's just the fact that they mainly operate in San Francisco.

Either way, he's just a graphical engineer, so that's fine.
I'd be worried if he was a writer (like most of them are). That'd fuck up shit for sure.

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
System Shock 3, why am I not excited? Oh Yeah, Underworld Ascendant.

But Industry Legends ... damn Industry has been's, also this hastily thrown together video clip with no context is underwhelming at best ... another disaster incoming, its just vandalism.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It looks far more competently made than Underworld Ascendant
Yeah, all 46 seconds of it. Truly a masterpiece in the making. This is all they got to show after 4 years?

Like others have said, what is there to be excited about? It's being made by a has-been that participated in the making of one good game and then stole all the credit for it. He hasn't made a good game since and has no talented people to pick up his slack now, only trannies and soyboys and whatever creatures were responsible for Underworld Ascendant.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
who produced one good game

participated in the making of one good game

fakenews.png

https://shodan.fandom.com/wiki/Rebecca_Siddons

Last edited:

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
It's worth noting how much of a commercial disaster Otherside Entertainment is as a company.

Let's have a sober look:

- OS owners/management had to invest a substantial sum to get the company going. The UA kickstarter most definitely didn't pay all their bills in the time before publishers started to jump in.

- Last fall, they were compelled to pour $3.5 million into the company in order to pay to finish UA and meet contractual obligations like making a console version because 505 would sue them otherwise (see my earlier posts on that topic)

- OS didn't earn one dollar since it was founded. The little cash UA generated all went to 505. (oh, sorry, of course there was Underworld Overloard...)

- They have no other games or projects in the pipeline other than SS3 for which last month they lost their publisher

- Even if a new publisher is found, completing SS3 is going to take at least another 18 months (according to their own overoptimistic estimate that after about 2 years the game is "more than halfway completed")

- They pissed off the entire community with UA to a point that no one trusts them anymore and people "gleefully await our demise" (their own words)

https://forums.otherside-e.com/t/otherside-entertainment-please-do-not-do-ss3/9840/9

Bad news for them is they will never find a new publisher for SS3:

- From public filings, we know Starbreeze gave them about $7 million so far (link in a recent post of mine) - after Starbreeze pulled out, OS has to pay all of that back (wondering who would ever make such a stupid deal??? But that's another story...)

- To make SS3, they need at least $15 million to pay back Starbreeze and pay for the development of the other half of the game (if they are honest about the current state), plus marketing.

- So that's $15 million to be earned, plus 20% for the publisher (a standard margin in publishing contracts), plus bug-fixing and after-sales support. How many copies would SS3 have to sell just to break even? (remember, Steam gets a cut and there may be a launch discount)

- And although we all love it, let's be honest: This franchise has been a commercial failure. Both SS1 and SS2 lost money. SS2 sold just 80,000 copies.

- Any publisher who would seriously entertain to jump into this doomed sh*t would almost certainly demand that OS owners/management pay a significant amount - millions probably - of the remaining development out of their own pockets. Given how much money they already lost, it's hard to believe there will be much appetite to do that.

There is no business case to keep this company going. At some point, it will sink in that OS is nothing more than a cash-burning machine, a bottomless pit.

Starbreeze realized it and walked away. Who is going to be so dumb and pick this up now?

Mark my words: Spector and colleagues aren't going to fund any part of SS3 themselves. They'd rather mothball the company. Once they run out of other people's money, they'll walk away.

gongal

Educated
Where the fuck do they find all these fucking trannies? Is there some kind of fucking agency?
Gender dysphoria is basically a game developer occupational hazard, like lung cancer for miners

Also a glimpse from the keynote:

P7uDFmA.jpg

The station has six levels? Also TriOptimum again. (Well what else, it's TriOptimum way.)

It's obvious the AI must be nonbinary trans these days. WHAT A TWIST, WARREN!

Glic2000

Educated
I'm guessing they spent 2 million dollars already trying to decide what Shodan is supposed to look like, since I've already seen three versions of her come out of OSE.

Psquit

Arcane

LOOK AT YOU, N-NIGGA. A PATHETIC LIL BITCH AS MUDDAFUKKA, ALL SWEATY N' SHIEET AS YOU RUN THROUGH MY MUDDAFUGGA CORRI-DORS. *SMACK LIPS* YOU F-FUCK UP NOW WHITE BOI, THIS AIN'T THE CITADEL U IN DA HOODS NOW!

*DMX WHERE THE HOOD AT PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND*

*Bunch of cyborgs holla at you* DAS RITE! u tell him DE'SHON. WE WUZ CYBORGS N' SHIEET.

Last edited:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Seeing that teaser trailer of SS3 just made me angry, disappointed and generally

This is fucked, to put it bluntly.

Psquit

Arcane
Hopefully, this shit will get canceled and that will be the end of it but since it's made by trannies, this abomination will be released.

Katana1000S

I wonder what the resident retards on their boards are saying about this latest debacle?

One guy/gal, Sandro forum regular openly boasted he/she had never even looked at the UA game or screenshots or at time I and others who bought and backed the game were banned, stated he/she had no intention of playing it until it was finished or something ???

This is what we are up against, spastics like Sandro and Flug who are not game players are just forum trolls, but somehow the UA developers think they are the bee's knee's ... the Flug troll could never make his mind up for the most part .. and he still never played the game, admitted his PC was not up to it, but UA Devs were all over him like fleas on a dog turd ... all because he could string a sentence together, then when they discovered what a chameleon he was, they were less hungry.

As for Sandro ... shudder :(

I am absolutely dismayed the people associated with UA have anything to do with SS3 ... another good franchise ruined :(

Arseholes ... just arseholes.

Katana1000S

Flug played the game and became one of the most vocal detractors

What a pack of lies !!! .... why are you saying this?

Flug towards end admitted nothing more than glimpse looks at any kind of release, yes he did become a semi detractor eventually ... but JHC, so would anyone but Sandro when faced with the stark staring truth ... Flug was a Chameleon and a forum shill.

Why are you defending him?

Its clear Flug was out of his head on pot for the most part.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Guys, relax. I'm sure all of you know it in your simple hearts, but no matter who, how and where, the chances of even slightly decent SS3 getting released in current year are absolute zero.

Just enjoy the trainwreck. It's all that's left .

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
I wonder what the resident retards on their boards are saying about this latest debacle?

Since UA launched, the OS forum has been a parallel universe.

Good vibes ahoy!

I honestly can’t imagine someone not picking up the rest of the tab for SS3. Austin, and presumably the SS3 team, has so much great game development talent, and then of course there’s the force of nature that is Warren Spector. And the amount of goodwill that exists for the System Shock franchise can’t be discounted.

The opportunity for positive ROI here seems real to me. Admittedly I’m biased, but I do seriously think there’s a solid factual case here for why a sharp investor ought to jump on this most rikki-tik.

Fingers crossed!

https://forums.otherside-e.com/t/starbreeze-cancel-system-shock-3-publishing-deal/9855/13

rzh

Novice
This looks promising. A proper horror title. A unique horror title. The very first meta-game horror title. One without jumpscares, without an oppressing atmosphere. Those belong in video games made for autistic children. No, the scares in this game will be real, a true philosophical, existential dread. The player will ask himself hard-hitting questions through their playthrough, such as: Who thought this was a good idea? Why did I spend my money on this pile of garbage? The most powerful one being: Why did they rape the legacy of this series so brutally, so joyfully, so carelessly?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom