Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info System Shock 3 teaser trailer revealed at Unity GDC 2019 Keynote

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: OtherSide Entertainment; System Shock 3; Warren Spector

Despite the loss of their publishing arrangement with Starbreeze, OtherSide Entertainment pledged last month that they would proceed with the development of System Shock 3, which they claim is now more than halfway completed. Yesterday at the Unity Keynote at GDC, we finally got to see what they've come up with since the game was announced way back in December 2015. Headlined by a curiously non-bespectacled Warren Spector, the presentation was primarily a technical discussion about lighting algorithms and rendering pipelines, but it began with the unveiling of several images from the game's current build (available on the official website) followed by a brief teaser trailer:

That animated SHODAN won't be to everybody's liking, but otherwise the game looks certainly looks more impressive than Underworld Ascendant. OtherSide still don't have a new publisher, and I imagine that with this prototype they intend to attract one. We'll see how that works out for them.

Shin

Cipher
The trailer doesn't look like complete shit since they didn't show any gameplay. Still, I think that at best it will be like how Numeneri compared to PS:T or PoE compared to BG. There's no way they'll blow everyone's mind with this game.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It looks exactly like Underworld Ascendant

Look closely. Same color palette. Even the assets have the same feel/style to them ("bright wonderland")

You dont really know what you are talking about @Incuckitron

At this point this worm is either shilling for free keys or has genuinely bad taste. Probably both

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Yeah, Especially with UE4 kinda looking promising with people, and stuff like the Godot engine.

I still hope Virt a Mate gets anywhere however.

ironmask

Arbiter
That shodan animation looks fucking terrible. Just keep it a static image just like in previous system shock games.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
will it be Moddable?
Unity is decently easy to mod, probably.
I don't get the butthurt about Unity. There's really nothing inherently wrong with it, only reason it has a bad reputation is because of the "made with Unity" watermark on thousands of shitty games.
There's probably a fair bit to be concerned about with this game but I don't think choice of engine is one of those concerns.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Exactly, and of course also the lack of "made with Unity" on any good game.
Because good games made on Unity don't have the watermark. The watermark is there if you use a free copy of Unity, paid copies can remove the watermark. Which they do. This game will also probably remove the watermark on release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom