Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

Heretic

Cipher
Idiots gun pirate until we're all saddled with mandatory cloud gaming.

I hope ya'll were watching Google's presentation today because that's our future you dumb dildos.
So the future is either Epic's anti-customer stance, or Google's Life-as-a-service dystopia?

I will let my money do my small amount of voting against both of those directions.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Idiots gun pirate until we're all saddled with mandatory cloud gaming.

I hope ya'll were watching Google's presentation today because that's our future you dumb dildos.
So the future is either Epic's anti-customer stance, or Google's Life-as-a-service dystopia?

I will let my money do my small amount of voting against both of those directions.

I've always suspected us arguing about Epic is like arguing what horse carriage service is better in the early 1900s. It's been p. clear for years cloud gaming is the inevitable future. The only consolation is indie and niche games - the stuff of Codex - will take the longest to move into the virtual space, it's gonna be AAA dumbfuckery making the giant leap for mankind first. We have time but the writing is on the wall.

Poseidon00

Arcane

Yup. If enough people stop letting companies abuse them then there becomes a market to service and then there becomes alternative platforms, however small they may be. But people have to stop taking it up the ass from these parasitic bastards first.

ZeniBot

Cipher

Trick question. The only way to win the game is not to play.

I say fug it go the full Apogee/Romero path and just ship the fucking box to their doorstep. Best way to do it. Cut all the asshole middlemen and ding dong bannu (tencent) gatekeepers out.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That fake download thing in the presentation is so annoying. You basically need a good connection to play streamed stuff, and if you already have a good enough connection you can download games quickly and don't have to sit and roll your thumbs for 4 hours. 500mb lines here are pretty common now, and downloading a 40 gig game from Steam only takes a couple of minutes.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
hqbKHyt.png

Made me think.

Jigawatt

Arcane
That fake download thing in the presentation is so annoying. You basically need a good connection to play streamed stuff, and if you already have a good enough connection you can download games quickly and don't have to sit and roll your thumbs for 4 hours. 500mb lines here are pretty common now, and downloading a 40 gig game from Steam only takes a couple of minutes.
Yep. My connection here is perfect for big downloads (usually get 1.1Gbits down) and terrible for multiplayer gaming (pings usually 100ms+). It's just such a US centric way of thinking, and even then probably city-centric.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
giphy.gif

Fuck Obsidian and Take Two. There are a handful of games which I like so much, that I would try the Epic Store for them. The Outer Worlds is not among them.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom