Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Delterius

Arcane
The deal comprised an undisclosed all-cash sum for CCP Games, and the company assets of White Wolf Publishing, their intellectual property and the rights to World of Darkness Online for Paradox Interactive.[28][29][30]
So I mean it actually could be one

If it is, I hope they have Alice & Smith developing it. Their work on The Secret World was really good in terms of actually letting you get immersed in the world with their "investigation" quests and the ARG-like sites they created to blend fiction with real world. It almost scratched the itch left by Majestic when EA pulled the plug on it in light of 9/11.

We know Alice & Smith created and is running the current Tender ARG for them, so it's within the realm of possibility, I think.
MOTHER OF GOD ITS LITERALLY SECRET WORLD 2 IM SUMMONING THE GANG
Lhynn Zombra FreeKaner lukaszek Kem0sabe Jinn

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've heard various rumors about a Paradox Vampire RPG in development. Somebody even told me Brian Mitsoda was involved somehow.

This would definitely not be the Codex's favorite way of teasing it though.

OK, so here are a few more details about this.

There were two different people who told me about a Vampire RPG in development. This was back in late 2017.

One of them told me he'd spoken to an external playtester. Interestingly, said playtester had been supplied with a build of the game that omitted the name of the developer. He had no idea who made the game he was playtesting. But by the style of the game, he was convinced it was an Obsidian RPG (which of course it wasn't)

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I've heard various rumors about a Paradox Vampire RPG in development. Somebody even told me Brian Mitsoda was involved somehow.

There were two different people who told me about a Vampire RPG in development. This was back in late 2017.

One of them told me he'd spoken to an external playtester. Interestingly, said playtester had been supplied with a build of the game that omitted the name of the developer. He had no idea who made the game he was playtesting. But by the style of the game, he was convinced it was an Obsidian RPG (which of course it wasn't)

So like, New Vegas or Alpha Protocol?

Farewell into the night

so it's gotta be New Vegas or Pillars clone in the world of darkness vampire masquerade setting?

or facken neverwinter

YankeeBravo

Literate
The deal comprised an undisclosed all-cash sum for CCP Games, and the company assets of White Wolf Publishing, their intellectual property and the rights to World of Darkness Online for Paradox Interactive.[28][29][30]
So I mean it actually could be one

If it is, I hope they have Alice & Smith developing it. Their work on The Secret World was really good in terms of actually letting you get immersed in the world with their "investigation" quests and the ARG-like sites they created to blend fiction with real world. It almost scratched the itch left by Majestic when EA pulled the plug on it in light of 9/11.

We know Alice & Smith created and is running the current Tender ARG for them, so it's within the realm of possibility, I think.
MOTHER OF GOD ITS LITERALLY SECRET WORLD 2 IM SUMMONING THE GANG
Lhynn Zombra FreeKaner lukaszek Kem0sabe Jinn

Ahem...You mean Secret World 2: The Apocalyptic Masquerade. There may be some woke types involved as well.

Farewell into the night

or kotor2 but it's more a bioware thing

hell, kotor is like nvw

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Announcement from few days earlier about new Paradox studio at California lead by guy who made second life looks so scary now, it will be multiplayer project for 50% sure which makes me sad panda.

March 7, 2019 8:06 AM
"The studio will be led by former EA, Linden Labs exec, Rod Humble. Paradox Tectonic is a curious addition to the offbeat strategy publisher's portfolio.

Paradox Interactive is expanding its presence in the U.S. by opening a new studio in the Bay Area: Paradox Tectonic. The new internal development studio, located in Berkeley, CA, will be helmed by Rod Humble, former Executive Vice President at EA and former CEO of Linden Labs (the creative minds behind Second Life)."

SOURCE: IT IS FOR REAL, IT IS NOT FAKE NEWS [its branch article Infinitron] !

https://gamedaily.biz/article/656/paradox-interactive-opens-new-development-studio-in-berkeley-ca

https://secondlife.com/ looks scary like shit...

I bet these guys are much behind whole Tender like promotion agenda...

So get ready your vampiric asses to be drilled by some SimS like online freaks.

"Humble's pedigree in simulation games like :stunned:Second Life and the Sims:despair: (as he had his hands in both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3):badnews: bring an interesting flavor to Paradox Interactive's growing collective of bespoke studios. Each of Paradox's internal development studios -- including Seattle's Harebrained Schemes and The Netherlands' Triumph Studios -- have created immersive, strategic experiences with rich narrative in games like Battletech and Age of Wonders.

“Our aim with Paradox Tectonic is to create open, fun, beautiful games which respect the players' intelligence and enables their creativity, freedom, emotion, and sharing,” Rod Humble, Studio Head at Paradox Tectonic, said in a statement. “Our studio structure is using best practices for modern development: a flat organization in a low-friction environment with a team of highly experienced domain experts. It’s a privilege to be reunited with so many world-class colleagues from so many triple-A projects, and the team and I are delighted to join Paradox and be part of driving the company’s next cycle of growth. Our shared values of quality and putting the customer first made Paradox the perfect fit for us.”

It's unclear how Paradox Tectonic will fit into Paradox Interactive's strategy game portfolio, but CEO Ebba Ljungerud is confident that the studio's location, regardless of cost of living, will play into its overall success.

“Opening a studio in the California Bay Area puts us in the heart of one of the largest gaming and tech communities in the world,” Ebba Ljungerud, CEO of Paradox Interactive, said in a statement. “Rod Humble and his team bring a wealth of experience and a studio leader who has led work on games that have shaped the industry several times over. We hope to have some earth-shaking news to share from the Tectonic team soon.”

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
Just got a mail from Paradox that they've started a "TenderApp Twitch Stream", but it's not really showing anything new at the moment.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
what's second life?

A world of pure imagination.

2zq76fr.jpg

osy6a9.jpg

6sewq9.jpg

i1gtav.jpg

1zl4ttx.jpg

c98.jpg

hexer

Probably old news by now but when you read description at http://tenderbeta.com/ it says:

"Whether you’re looking for meaningful friendships, true love or simply a late night bite with a kindred spirit, Tender is here to help."

Anyone registered an account?

The Real Fanboy

giphy.gif

Totally awesome, Infini!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom