Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Saerain

Augur
Patron
was finally able to log in, I had to change my paradox plaza password twice before it would work... fucking ridic

Hm. I wonder if Paradox changed their password requirements since the last time you updated it. Causes that kind of thing when the company doesn't force everyone to update.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
was finally able to log in, I had to change my paradox plaza password twice before it would work... fucking ridic

Hm. I wonder if Paradox changed their password requirements since the last time you updated it. Causes that kind of thing when the company doesn't force everyone to update.

I had no problems logging into paradoxplaza.com though

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The deal comprised an undisclosed all-cash sum for CCP Games, and the company assets of White Wolf Publishing, their intellectual property and the rights to World of Darkness Online for Paradox Interactive.[28][29][30]
So I mean it actually could be one

If it is, I hope they have Alice & Smith developing it. Their work on The Secret World was really good in terms of actually letting you get immersed in the world with their "investigation" quests and the ARG-like sites they created to blend fiction with real world. It almost scratched the itch left by Majestic when EA pulled the plug on it in light of 9/11.

We know Alice & Smith created and is running the current Tender ARG for them, so it's within the realm of possibility, I think.
MOTHER OF GOD ITS LITERALLY SECRET WORLD 2 IM SUMMONING THE GANG
Lhynn Zombra FreeKaner lukaszek Kem0sabe Jinn

I would play it.

Hellion

Arcane
QhpyIB8.png

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I've heard various rumors about a Paradox Vampire RPG in development. Somebody even told me Brian Mitsoda was involved somehow.

This would definitely not be the Codex's favorite way of teasing it though.

OK, so here are a few more details about this.

There were two different people who told me about a Vampire RPG in development. This was back in late 2017.

One of them told me he'd spoken to an external playtester. Interestingly, said playtester had been supplied with a build of the game that omitted the name of the developer. He had no idea who made the game he was playtesting. But by the style of the game, he was convinced it was an Obsidian RPG (which of course it wasn't)

What about the part of Brian's involvement?

HansDampf

Arcane
Of course it's going to be some kind of game as a service crap. It wouldn't make sense for them to create a pure single-player RPG in the style of Bloodlines. Not enough moneys to be made.

Egosphere

Arcane
Of course it's going to be some kind of game as a service crap. It wouldn't make sense for them to create a pure single-player RPG in the style of Bloodlines. Not enough moneys to be made.

Surely CDPR really put that notion of money to bed with witcher 3?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Here's a screen capture from that twitch page while it shifts between images,wonder if all that crap mean anything or they just thrw them in there

CccBU34.png

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Paradox made Tyranny. They’ve repeatedly talked about making single player RPGs. There are half a dozen interviews with Fredrik Wester where he says this is a business Paradox wants to be in.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it's possible (though by no means certain) that this game will have some sort of multiplayer or online element.

But what I think is beyond dispute is that the game is inspired specifically by Bloodlines. It's not a generic Vampire The Masquerade game, they are making something that's going to be like Bloodlines.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Paradox made Tyranny. They’ve repeatedly talked about making single player RPGs. There are half a dozen interviews with Fredrik Wester where he says this is a business Paradox wants to be in.
And with the same breath they said Tyranny was a financial disappointment.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Man, I'd rather it be a single-player RPG, but if it has to be multiplayer, then it had better be an MMO. I don't think my tender heart could take Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt Royale.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom