Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So, um, brothers. I just launched Sekiro and am looking at the tittle screen AS WE SPEAK!

If you have pre-ordered Sekiro through Steam, as opposed to key resellers, etc, you can download the TunnelBear VPN, install, turn off steam, set your region to Japan on TunnelBear, turn steam back on, decrypt (which took 5 minutes btw), and get IN THE GAME BROTHERS!

Holy fucking shit.
Much better option!

I guess I'm not going "Sekiro: Matador downloads twice."

Steezus

Savant
Patron
So Japanese is actually the default option. The game goes out of its way to tell you that.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Jinn It works! :hero:

0f451784c9a872993c2b6c4d1e976084.png

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
After the last comments this has become the Dark souls of threads.

On the other hand. All legit customers waiting for playing the game, and a bunch of soytubers and pirates can enjoy the game one day before. Fuck this shit, I'm 33% downloading torrent now, and in 2 hours I'm playing it. I hope I can export the save game to my steam folder when the game releases.

Inb4 you get VAC banned xD

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The tutorial level is quite complex. I was expecting a linear rutinary level, and I'm impressed

EDIT: I finished it, but I felt like it was a lot left for explore, and I needed more tools to do it.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Coming from playing DMC5, I'm jumping like a stupid all the time to dodge. The good thing is I think it has invincibility frames. Not sure 100%.

Arnust

Savant
My gamepad makes the camera spin in circles at very hihgh speeds

I've tried with four different ones

Help

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Another case in point is Nioh. I haven't played it but the word on the street is the PvP is a complete shitshow because the balancing isn't separate.

Dafuq have you been reading? Nioh doesn't have any real PvP (unless they added it after I stopped playing). What passes for "PvP" in Nioh is actually an AI controlled version of your character in another person's world. Don't think "balancing" matters much when you can simply outplay the AI (which isn't a very good dueler TBH).

PVP was added to Nioh in a patch.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Another case in point is Nioh. I haven't played it but the word on the street is the PvP is a complete shitshow because the balancing isn't separate.

Dafuq have you been reading? Nioh doesn't have any real PvP (unless they added it after I stopped playing). What passes for "PvP" in Nioh is actually an AI controlled version of your character in another person's world. Don't think "balancing" matters much when you can simply outplay the AI (which isn't a very good dueler TBH).

Oh...that's interesting. Is it any good?

Wunderbar

Arcane

Oh...that's interesting. Is it any good?
it's laggy as fuck, and no one plays it.

Just played for a bit and it feels alright. Nice atmosphere. Combat isn't that similar to Souls so far, it's a little simplified and mook enemies are much easier.

I was surprised to see that there's HDR support and it works pretty well.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yep, feels good so far. Combat is really simple and the parry windows are big enough for a fat Kwan truck to fit.

I spent a good few minutes trying to jump and reach everywhere, only later to realize all these places are probably for later exploration.

As for the first boss

What happens if you actually beat him? IF you can beat him?

Jezal_k23

Used a VPN to partake in the japan release and spent the day getting beat up.

The game started out decent enough, wasn't feeling too much pressure and then at some point in the early game I suddenly I hit a brick wall with the 2 places I can go to being fucking hard. Barely made progress since then. Jesus christ...

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Played for a while. Game is OK. Combat is less of a focus, stealth isn't very good. Looting is weird, why make it so you hold a button to loot from enemies but just press it to pick up items in the world? Just make it work the same for both. It feels like they took inspiration from For Honor of all things. I'm sure the game will be good overall, still wish we'd just gotten a real Soulslike game in a new setting though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom