Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Dodo1610

Arcane
So what's worse staying up all night to get disappointed or waking up and getting disapointed?

GothicWizard

Literate
Well for good or ill here we are... this is going to be interesting. I would find it entertaining if this game was a mix of VtM, Sims and CK2. A macro view set in the modern nights where you are the inner circle and control vampire cities while building, recruting and dealing with the sabbat, hunters and lupines. Personally I'd love a game like that and would bit well in their catalog and style of game.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I just hope this isn't the Armored Warfare situation again, but if it is, it will be pretty funny anyway.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Well for good or ill here we are... this is going to be interesting. I would find it entertaining if this game was a mix of VtM, Sims and CK2. A macro view set in the modern nights where you are the inner circle and control vampire cities while building, recruting and dealing with the sabbat, hunters and lupines. Personally I'd love a game like that and would bit well in their catalog and style of game.
Won't have the same feeling of exploring places you shouldn't be at night like Bloodlines had, there are so many management games but a game with the atmosphere of Bloodlines and that it is a decent RPG at the same time, now that is a rarity.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
That sounds pretty cool to me too, I might even prefer it to a scripted RPG.

aeroaeko

Learned
VTMB2: you play as a homosexual trans vampire in an interracial relationship who contracted HIV after feeding on a twink at a gay bar, you must search for the cure kept secret by the LGBT vampire clan

GothicWizard

Literate
I don't know about V5 with all the retcon they did, but in V20 any disease you pick up as mortal is rendered inert if you're turned kindred.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
VTMB2: you play as a homosexual trans vampire in an interracial relationship who contracted HIV after feeding on a twink at a gay bar, you must search for the cure kept secret by the LGBT vampire clan
What does the Codex prefer? This, as a single-player RPG, or a battle royale multiplayer with microtransactions?

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Was there really much retconning in V5? I didn't pick up on anything, but my memory of former editions may be decayed.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This has got to be the most elaborate announcement Paradox has ever done by far, no?
Which is kind of strange since, if it is Bloodlines, it's a somewhat niche game with more of a cult following versus something like... DOOM or whatever.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
And Bloodlines is still probably a lot closer to niche.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom