Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Okagron

Prophet
Like every game announcement these days, i'm neutral. No excitement, nothing. Not gonna get myself hyped up and then when it comes out, it's bad or below whatever expectations i could muster.

Still gonna follow development news from this, but i expect nothing.

DeepOcean

Arcane
First question, will be this an RPG? a Full blown no popamole RPG?

> Bloodlines sequel

> no popamole
By popamole, I mean a light progression mechanic instead of an actual character sheet, play any of those modern games with meaningless ultra superficial progression mechanics. Bloodlines already simplified alot the character sheet from Vampire, but not even the basic character sheet? There are basic things we don't even know they are in.

Trithne

Erudite
Dunno why anyone is surprised that the game intends to be political and social justicey - have you seen the playerbase for the tabletop game? They're just playing to their market.

Space Nugget

The Codex is going to nitpick this game to death (as usual, and rightly so), but I got WAY more than I could've hoped and wished for, all things considered. :shittydog:

We should get all the tech companies ceo/public figures cameo as ventrue vampires

EX: jeff bezos of amazon as vampire

Space Nugget

Codex Year of the Donut
Dunno why anyone is surprised that the game intends to be political and social justicey - have you seen the playerbase for the tabletop game? They're just playing to their market.
The market for a tabletop game and a videogame are not the same, even if the latter completely encompasses the former.
Every single person who plays the tabletop game could buy the videogame and it would result in them being laughably short of being able to break even with development costs.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
lol 300 kurwa złotych za pełną pełną wersję, poroniło

kurwa
Why go with Epic exclusivity when you can milk big bucks from suckers who will gobble every little shit you make? Also, correction, it's 300 PLN for the base game, if you will want to play more than 1 clan you will have to buy a DLC and then a next DLC for the next location and then DLC for a companion/follower/ghoul and then DLC for a better apartment...

So in the end it won't be 300 PLN but more like 3000 USD.

Edit:
Supposdely they will support modding. There's that at least.

Deleted Member 16721

I loved the LARPing portion of the stream, where the vampires are trying to use social media to reprogram emotions so they can be more informed on their feedings. Has really deep psychological undertones that is going to be huge for the immersion factor. And Hardsuit Labs seems like really passionate and very professional devs and a team that can knock this out of the park. Brian definitely wouldn't sign on to such a daunting project if he didn't feel they could do it and do it very well, so that's exciting on its own for the game. Going to be great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom