Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Arulan

Cipher
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-brings-the-cul/1100-6465762/

According to the developers, Bloodlines 2 will shed light on the various vampire cultures and their power structures. Just like in the original game, the sequel also leans heavy on socializing. You're often pushed into high-pressure situations with humans and vampires alike, where you'll need to make a choice that could compromise relationships. Siding with one faction can put you at odds with another. However, you're totally free to break away from a side at anytime. These social situations can also highlight the mundanity of living life as a Vampire.

Duraframe300

Arcane
While the demo of the early stages of the game I saw hinted at conflict and the politics of warring clans, Clooney says it’s central to Bloodlines 2 that the writers (who include Brian Mitsoda, narrative designer on the original game) are actively taking a political stance in this sequel, with its themes of art versus commerce and technological advances versus tradition.

:despair:

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron

user

Savant
As I see it, that first trailer was a huge wasted chance to appeal to both old and new audiences. Had kind of an assortment of "meh" scenes. Half of it was slum chasing. Other half (besides that blood tsunami) was some people looking at you. Certainly not the highlights of urban vampire life. Also, either release a gameplay trailer or don't make the trailer gameplay-ish.

Will also be sad if the game doesn't license some good old goth metal/rock. Trailer st wasn't bad but, for example, a well-made trailer with more scene variety, featuring "Swamped", BM's LC credit song, would have grabbed every kind of audience by its proverbial balls.

They can shove as many SJW NPC in the game as they want, as long as you can disagree with them and kill them afterwards it will be fine.

As long as rp isn't railroaded/cencored, shoving sjw npcs into the game would just mean like they are going for realism.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
There ARE Seulot Clan, who cannot drink blood without "prey's" consent. And they are coinsidered as some kind of "saints" and unique characters, because their ancestor was tricked into embracing vampirehood but was a pretty good and benevolent guy. I doubt that authors know about it anyway.
This is next level of SJWism, where it destroys the game right agfter announcement.

That shit is fine. A noble vampire, who only reluctantly drinks blood is not a new concept. Make 'em playable, RPing as such a character just opens up more gameplay options.

The issue is if I'm going to play an asshole Tremere, killing civilians left and right and Cara Ellison, vicariously through my primogen, is going to scold me for murking fools. "Do better, Steezus! :argh:"

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
tecnnology versus tradition was a key theme of all VtM series. Where you are against cameras, inversigators, new and more advanced technology that could breach the Masquerade.
In 2019 memory erasing discipline won't help you when some guy spots you with gopro cam streaming into cloud that you cannot erase instantly.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
That shit is fine. A noble vampire, who only reluctantly drinks blood is not a new concept. Make 'em playable, RPing as such a character just opens up more gameplay options.

The issue is if I'm going to play an asshole Tremere, killing civilians left and right and Cara Ellison, vicariously through my primogen, is going to scold me for murking fools. "Do better, Steezus!
Seduction a bit different from getting consent. Actually, Seduction discipline in SJW point of view is a textbook rape and Troika released a fully fledged rape-sim.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You gotta love this place.
Confirmation that consent for bloodsucking is probably part of the game in some form (which just makes sense, it would be in PnP, too), oh and the lead writer is a woman:
People go in a frenzy, proclaiming the end of the world by SJWs :lol:

Cael

Arcane
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-brings-the-cul/1100-6465762/

According to the developers, Bloodlines 2 will shed light on the various vampire cultures and their power structures. Just like in the original game, the sequel also leans heavy on socializing. You're often pushed into high-pressure situations with humans and vampires alike, where you'll need to make a choice that could compromise relationships. Siding with one faction can put you at odds with another. However, you're totally free to break away from a side at anytime. These social situations can also highlight the mundanity of living life as a Vampire.
Wrong bolded bits. Fixed it for you.

You're a fucking Vampire. The whole point of WoD is emotards wanting to be edgy and cool being Vampires. And you turn it into something MUNDANE???!

What. The. FUCK???

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Confirmation that consent for bloodsucking is probably part of the game in some form (which just makes sense, it would be in PnP, too), oh and the lead writer is a woman:
Because according to the old rules (courtesy of Fairfax):

QmF8jHD.png

Steezus

Savant
Patron

I'm basically 99% with you on this, but Cara Ellison is actually kinda insufferable. Her IRL shtick might not necessarily translate into writing games (I haven't played Dishonored 2), but I think her involvment is a valid concern.

Mazisky

Magister
Can someone ask Paradox if:

Can i make a tranny or gay vampire in the game?
Are there enough black characters?
Do women cover main and important roles?

I hope they have considered this during development, it would be a shame otherwise.

Thank you Paradox!!! You are doing it for real!:love:

Now please include a quest where you kill racists, but be sure they're all white and men or i won't buy the game

Cael

Arcane
Because according to the old rules (courtesy of Fairfax):

QmF8jHD.png
Sounds like a blurb from Hunters: the Suicidal.

Arulan

Cipher

You're a fucking Vampire. The whole point of WoD is emotards wanting to be edgy and cool being Vampires. And you turn it into something MUNDANE???!

What. The. FUCK???

I'll speak for myself, but that sounds interesting to me. I could do with a few RPGs that aren't just about a power fantasy or making your character stand out above the rest. Exploring what it is to be a Vampire on a day-to-day basis sounds great.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
I'm basically 99% with you on this, but Cara Ellison is actually kinda insufferable. Her IRL shtick might not necessarily translate into writing games (I haven't played Dishonored 2), but I think her involvment is a valid concern.

Nah, definitely because wahmen.

Individuals don't real, only collectives.

Cael

Arcane

What. The. FUCK???

I'll speak for myself, but that sounds interesting to me. I could do with a few RPGs that aren't just about a power fantasy or making your character stand out above the rest. Exploring what it is to be a Vampire on a day-to-day basis sounds great.
Go. Play. The. Sims.

Vampire. Edition.

PrettyDeadman

Warning!
Mods have stolen my thred!
This thread didn't use to be called VTM:Bloolines 2!
I am the creator of the original VTM:Bloolines 2 thread and I have it's name and it's messages STOLEN from me to be merged with completely another thread by mods!
If you like this thread or this game please rate THIS message instead of the first mesage of the thread because it's COMPLETELY FAKE!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
We should split the thread into "BLOODLINES 2: HYPE!!!" and "BLOODLINES 2: FUCK OFF!!!"
Although I suspect one thread might not get as many replies as the other.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom