Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [LP CYOA] I'm a High Tech Hobo Who Stumbled into Another World While Out Scavenging For Parts

Anyway, only thing Dirk could tell me was that there was this “Demon King” thing all the way out East, but it’s apparently so irrelevant an issue that it’s only a rumour here in Syagrius - there's no evidence of a demon invasion as far as he knows. Even so, he conjectures I could be a hero called to fight the great evil or some such nonsense
By the way, if anyone tries to drag you into this drama, just say no. There's only one way that story will end: with you taking care of other people's problems for free. Fuck that noise, take care of number one right now.

It depends on wherever hot daughters are involved

Baltika9

Arcane
Anyway, only thing Dirk could tell me was that there was this “Demon King” thing all the way out East, but it’s apparently so irrelevant an issue that it’s only a rumour here in Syagrius - there's no evidence of a demon invasion as far as he knows. Even so, he conjectures I could be a hero called to fight the great evil or some such nonsense
By the way, if anyone tries to drag you into this drama, just say no. There's only one way that story will end: with you taking care of other people's problems for free. Fuck that noise, take care of number one right now.

That's how they get ya. One moment you're looking at twins, the next you're in front of a dragon and wondering what you've done to deserve this.
His attitude should be 'fuck you, pay me.'

Vatnik Wumao

That's how they get ya. One moment you're looking at twins, the next you're in front of a dragon and wondering what you've done to deserve this.
His attitude should be 'fuck you, pay me.'

But the twins are both "fuck you" and payment.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sorry, DMC5 and Sekiro are stealing my time away. Talk to the guards has it, I'll update in 24 hours.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Guards Say

Big Dick Greg? Oh, him and his boys are a gang of junkers from the East side. Homeless, like me, who make a living off the scraps of tech we can grab here and there. As per his name, he’s got a big dick. No, I’ve not seen it myself, hell no. He’s just known for buggering his boys until they can barely keep their shits in. They put up with it because he’s got connections with the almighty Randall Al-Thoth, that’s all.

Anyway, what did the guards say? They didn’t want to tell me much either. I figured they’d at least be willing to talk about why I was here, and that much I got, at least. It looks like I was here for getting all handsy with the princess after all. It seems that they conducted a ritual to summon “heroes” of some sort, although the reason for that summoning is not something the guards seem willing to tell.

So, if I’m a summoned “”hero””, shouldn’t they be forgiving me for a touch or two? It’s not like she lost any value, hell, if they gave me an hour alone with the princess, I bet my miracle massages would make her even more stunning than before. Still, there’s a bigger reason why they’re keeping me here even though they called me in the first place.

They called four other guys. Yeah. I’m not the only one they summoned. Apparently these other “””heroes””” made a better first impression than I did, and so I’m effectively an unwanted spare at the moment. Seems like there’s a debate going on in the court regarding what to do with me. Options range from execution to setting me free with a pension. Seems like the king is leaning in favour of just keeping me here forever, while his ministers are split on whether to kill me or to set me free.

As for sending me home? It seems that’s not even on the table. Whether they can’t, or they won’t, I don’t know. To be honest, though, if I can get out of this jail, I wouldn’t mind hanging out in this world a little longer. Anything to avoid the hobo wars.

Oh, and I managed to get my hand on one of their light sources, after pleading with the guards enough. I knew something seemed off on the first day when I looked at those torches. They don’t illuminate by fire, but by means of a strange, glowing stone. The guards call it a glowstone, thereby demonstrating just how creatively bankrupt these people probably are when it comes to naming things. It runs on magic. Put in magic, light comes out. Somehow. That’s something I don’t have in my world, and though I’d like to find out more, this is not the place to do so. Dirk says there’s a College of Magicians in the capital somewhere who could probably teach me.

Rather than that, though, what the glowstone can do for me right now is much more than merely illuminating my surroundings. I can use it to charge my phone. The single most important thing I have in this world. I had rigged up a photovoltaic system for it back in my world, and that’s going to come in handy now. The ambient light in the dungeon isn’t enough to charge the phone up, but fortunately with this glowstone, I can whip up something to harvest all of the available light, even if I have to get naked and take apart a bit of my phone to do it.

As long as it’s working, who cares?

Oh, right, what to do next, now that I’ve established that I’m really quite low in the pecking order of the kingdom.

I guess I could try to get an audience with the king, change his mind. After all, I know things that he doesn’t, especially when it comes to technology. If I can put up a demonstration or two, that might convince him to free me. It might sound cocky but I'm confident none of the other heroes are as good at this as I am unless by some fucking horrible streak of luck that fuckwit is here too.

Or I could wait for a bit longer. It seems that there are a faction of nobles interested in my freedom. They might approach me directly. Or it’s possible the faction that wants me dead might try to kill me instead. That’d suck.

I could also just try to escape on my own. Now that I know the guards and have managed to talk them into giving me stuff, it should be easier than before. I’m not sure if I should free Dirk and everyone else while I’m at it, but they might prove a good diversion if I do?

Anyway, time to get back to work on that light-capturing device. Seriously, what I wouldn’t give for a good box of scraps.

Baltika9

Arcane
Tell me all about the hobo wars, my man. And about that fuckwit you're worried about.

As for what you should do, just sit tight and chat up the guards, see if you can get them to put in a good word for you. None of this is your problem, really.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So we have competition. Damn.

Well then. Don't stick around until they decide to execute us, then. What, ait for them to free us? Not with our luck.

Free whomever you can and escape. Hope you run faster than them.

We should run before the air quotes on the """"heroes"""" grow out of control.

Nahel

Arcane
See the king, we need to convince him our ability. If it fails we can always escape after.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Who's Randall Al-Thoth and if he's so almighty, any chance of help from that quarter? Given you ended up in jail, I wouldn't count on luck. Fuckwits are sure to abound. I say, show some initiative.

Escape on your own

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I say escape but free the broad. We need to keep our eye on the prize here. Worst comes to worst we can sell her as a slave for gold later.

Kipeci

Arcane
Get an audience with the king! Show off the capabilities of your phone & how only you can harness it

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Escape on your own! Don't care about the other peasants

I'd also be interested to know more about the Hobo wars

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
All-thoth? Hobo wars? We need more info.

As for now, show the king your technological prowess! That should impress these primitives and help ensure it was a misunderstanding the thing before.

Tigranes

Arcane
Unlikely that they'll have a strong need for us, unless the other four get themselves murdered very quickly. But if I was them I'd be visiting every tavern and whorehouse in the kingdom.

Escape & cause a big diversion might be the way to go, if Dirk et al create a big enough fuss, we won't even be suspected as the instigators.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Still in Sekiro, I definitely picked a wrong time to start this LP. But I'm still around, no worries. Looks like a solo escape takes this, updating some time over the weekend.

Baltika9

Arcane
Still in Sekiro, I definitely picked a wrong time to start this LP. But I'm still around, no worries. Looks like a solo escape takes this, updating some time over the weekend.
...Sekiro isn't even that good.

Tigranes

Arcane
Listen a whole month is a long time to keep my balls dangling out in anticipation

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Unfortunate internet accident. Did I say the weekend? Obviously I meant this weekend.

edit: Caught up a bit with work, almost done though. Soon. Tomorrow I think.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom