Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
To celebrate the announcement, I shall let you skanks in on a secret.

I have exactly one tattoo.
036a4d71c2cc92d25ec26f0f3064fb2c.jpg

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
:hmmm:
Do you even know what you are talking about? The jap shit came 14 years before that tender song.

The entire video game culture of Japan is built on the Western one. Including its music which uses western scale, influences, traditions and cultural trends like this. It is not about tender or that Jap song in particular but how the whole Japanese video game industry is a frankenstein made of western influences with Japanese perspective. As to be both superficial and distilled for a Japanese audience.

It should come as no surprise really, an imitation cannot be as good as original, even when it is competent. At its best it is a successful rip-off and at its worst it is shallow derivation.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I just don't understand why generate so much hype now, 1 FUCKING YEAR AWAY FROM RELEASE (1 year if optimistic, wouldn't be surprised if it gets 1 year and half, or oven two).

Also, are they planning to go on with the Tender ARG for the whole year?

vota DC

Augur
If they give us a stealth option, we can at least ignore the combat.

In old game stealth was useless against bosses while was great against generic enemies and to avoid combat, in early game was vastly superior to fireweapons.

Arulan

Cipher
I'll speak for myself, but that sounds interesting to me. I could do with a few RPGs that aren't just about a power fantasy or making your character stand out above the rest. Exploring what it is to be a Vampire on a day-to-day basis sounds great.
Strongly disagree. We already went through this recently with Nighthawks. I don't want the genre to be turned on its head. Particularly in a fucking sequel. I want a game that does the fucking genre.

I don't think it's turning the genre on its head. Exploring what normal life is to inhabitants of its world doesn't betray role-playing principles, it fleshes it out. Neither I, or what I heard from the developers are suggesting this become a life simulator. You can explore these things thematically and in the narrative. Maybe mundane isn't exactly the term I'd use, but I'm interested in the phycological (transformation, acceptance of becoming a monster, fear), social relationships, religion (both Vampire, and conflicts with previously held human beliefs), and political problems facing Vampire life.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They became ghosts because someone shouted the wrong pronoun at them. Get your facts straight (no, scratch that, get them gay), you misogynist, transphobic shitlord. The only cure is getting the right pronoun to show inclusivity! Healthy at every stage of decomposition or etherealness!

user

Savant
I don't know, I don't like the whole "you are what you eat" thing at all. I want to choose whoever I feel like (and not gimp myself in the process), not specific targets depending on the abilities I want.
Sounds cool to me, it's nice for story type decisions to have an actual gameplay impact. If you want to be awesome at shooting you eat snipers, if you want to be good at talking over people you eat Republicans. To me that's fun. Besides, it's just going to be bonuses, not entire abilities. If your experience is ruined because you're such a min/maxer that you demand the +5% in dentistry but refuse to eat any dentists, it's you that's doing it wrong, not the game.

Ah the typical "you are playing the game wrong". I have no idea whether that's canon in WoD but to me that seems a little silly from a thematic perspective. As from a gameplay perspective, it's the designer's job to do anything they can to curate the player's experience. Blaming the player for "min-maxing" that results in a sub-par experience, when the game encourages them to do so in any way, is just a poor excuse for flawed design. Plus min-maxing doesn't have to stand in the way of RP, but in this case it does. Even non min-maxer average players, will always have that information in the back of their head that may conflict with RP preference, or just do it compulsively for the bonuses (believe it or not, not only min-maxers do that), when it comes to choosing their feeding targets.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
One thing I don't like is that by starting as a thin blood, probably best you can get is 13th gen. full Vamp using diablerie.

Which means you are going to be pretty weak by WoD standards. In Bloodlines 1 you were like 8th gen according to blood pool (IIRC) and you felt like a badass.

13th gen could work in PnP but for a single player RPG idk.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
One thing I don't like is that by starting as a thin blood, probably best you can get is 13th gen. full Vamp using diablerie.

Which means you are going to be pretty weak by WoD standards. In Bloodlines 1 you were like 8th gen according to blood pool (IIRC) and you felt like a badass.

13th gen could work in PnP but for a single player RPG idk.
Powerful and sexy at every generation!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom