Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - isometric post-apocalyptic adventure from STASIS developer

agris

Arcane
Patron
Pyke the world looks beautiful. The uncluttered aesthetic quality in those screenshots is top notch.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
wtf is happening in africa ?

Its sort of a perfect storm of government ineptitude.

They haven't properly expanded our power grid in 20 years, despite a huge population explosion and a need for more power per person in general.
They haven't properly serviced or maintained any existing power plants.
The power company (ESKOM) is a government owned parastatal who - in order to be compliant with BEE (South Africas version of affirmative action) fired most of their trained engineers over the years because of their skin colour, and haven't been able to replace them.
The power company has also acted like a semi-private business by giving everyone who is on the upper levels massive salaries, bonuses, and huge annual increases. They also have to constantly give 'golden handshakes' (ie - buying out CEO's and management) when corruption is discovered.
The unions have prevented any private power solutions from coming into the country - so there is no alternative. They are currently looking for ways to apply heavy taxes to personal solar panel usage.
They did a huge state bailout a few years back - this money was supposed to go into the current power grid...the money disappeared.
We had a 'state capture' by a family called The Guptas. They essentially owned the entire government. They had several billion dollar contracts awarded to themselves to construct more power stations - that money disappeared.

Basically the country is FUBAR. This game is our ticket out of here...if it does well. So we have a lot riding on this!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seriously, have you contacted EPIC? I hate the fucking exclusives thing going on, but maybe the money can get you far away from there quick.

I mean if Phoenix Point can get it :)

Last edited:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Ha! Ag - we are making a plan to get through it. Like I said, we have some large UPS systems from when we owned a big company that we have set up. We have a generator in case we need it. Luckily we live in one of the nicer parts of South Africa in a province that the main ruling party doesn't govern - so there is a small 'firewall' between us and the rest of the country. We are also on schedule for release - and as long as we stay the course we *should* make it out of the other side.
But honestly I can see why those Epic deals are enticing to smaller developers. Its completely terrifying to work for YEARS on something that may just crash and burn at release. Having enough funding to cushion that blow - or better yet - signing a deal that would actually provide funding for your next project as well...it would almost be irresponsible to NOT seriously look at that. But for now - Im happy to carry on with our heads down and just concentrate on shipping!

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Basically the country is FUBAR. This game is our ticket out of here...if it does well. So we have a lot riding on this!

this smells like a Codex fundraiser. Infinitron
:)
"Future legendary developers need extraction from a future failed state."

What will happen to your atrbook collection? I hope you'll manage to haul it out of there also.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

What will happen to your atrbook collection? I hope you'll manage to haul it out of there also.

That would be the second dev Codex have saved I believe. We already own one kidney :cool:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

That would be the second dev Codex have saved I believe. We already own one kidney :cool:

Any news on the kidney guy?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Any news on the kidney guy?
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/blackthorne-health-fundraiser.123312/page-3

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

They haven't properly expanded our power grid in 20 years, despite a huge population explosion and a need for more power per person in general.
The power company (ESKOM) is a government owned parastatal who - in order to be compliant with BEE (South Africas version of affirmative action) fired most of their trained engineers over the years because of their skin colour, and haven't been able to replace them.
The power company has also acted like a semi-private business by giving everyone who is on the upper levels massive salaries, bonuses, and huge annual increases. They also have to constantly give 'golden handshakes' (ie - buying out CEO's and management) when corruption is discovered.
The unions have prevented any private power solutions from coming into the country - so there is no alternative. They are currently looking for ways to apply heavy taxes to personal solar panel usage.
They did a huge state bailout a few years back - this money was supposed to go into the current power grid...the money disappeared.
We had a 'state capture' by a family called The Guptas. They essentially owned the entire government. They had several billion dollar contracts awarded to themselves to construct more power stations - that money disappeared.

Pah, this is nothing against the struggles of poor Indie developers living in San Francisco.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer

Pah, this is nothing against the struggles of poor Indie developers living in San Francisco.

Have you seen the price of coffee in San Francisco? That shit would bankrupt me!

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

leo1.jpg

Neanderthal

Arcane
Funny to read about state SA has fallen into, when I were a lad living in Durban it were a lovely place as i remember, course that were more than forty years ago but still strange.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
More like bantu negroids doing what's in their nature. I hope the Chinese exterminate them eventually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom