Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I wanted to clean up and neat down my library so I shot an email to the GOG support to remove a few games

This is what they replied:

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no "clean" way for us to permanently remove games from users' accounts. We would prefer not to use workarounds, therefore please use the "HIDE" option in order to make games disappear from your list. I appreciate your understanding.

What the actual fuck? What kind of mickey mouse digital store are they running if they can't remove items from my library without "workarounds"?

200% agree with you. I also requested the deletion of some games a few months ago and got the same answer: "there is no clean way". That said, they can and will remove games from your account if you insist, whine, cry about it. They've done it for me once and also for some other people. But they always try to dissuade you from it, and want you to "hide" them instead. I don't get it. What kind of fucked up software are they using, that this is such a pain in the ass to do??

It's honestly fucked up. They upgraded their online store, they made a game client, they made a cloud storage... they build in all kinds of faggotry - but not an option to delete games from your account. "Almost impossible". I mean WTF?!

@ Infinitron: "Hiding" the game might work for some, but not for everyone. Sometimes you just want some games gone completely... that pile of shame, garbage games, or whatever reason it may be.

Last edited:

cosmicray

Savant
s from my library without "workarounds"?

200% agree with you. I also requested the deletion of some of my games a few months ago and got the same answer: "there is no clean way". That said, they can remove games from your account and will do it, if you insist, whine, cry about it. They have done it for me once and also for some other people. But they always try to dissuade you from it, and want you to "hide" it instead. I don't get it... what kind of fucked up software are they using, that this is such a pain in the ass to do??
Because it's a manual task. You submit a ticket to delete some game, which you could have hidden yourself. 1st tier support needs to elevate this to a higher tier so they could invest time to manually delete game. Since it's manual it's prone to mistake. Which is why 1st tier was given instructions to persuade people to use hide button. Just a speculation of course.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
s from my library without "workarounds"?

200% agree with you. I also requested the deletion of some of my games a few months ago and got the same answer: "there is no clean way". That said, they can remove games from your account and will do it, if you insist, whine, cry about it. They have done it for me once and also for some other people. But they always try to dissuade you from it, and want you to "hide" it instead. I don't get it... what kind of fucked up software are they using, that this is such a pain in the ass to do??
Because it's a manual task. You submit a ticket to delete some game, which you could have hidden yourself. 1st tier support needs to elevate this to a higher tier so they could invest time to manually delete game. Since it's manual it's prone to mistake. Which is why 1st tier was given instructions to persuade people to use hide button. Just a speculation of course.

Sounds legit. Actually legit that is.

Why not enable ppl to delete games themselves? Hide it behind 28 warning boxes? Steam allows this.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Yeah. Though removing games from your account has always been a pain in other platforms as well. I think in Origin you had to chat with someone or even make a phone call. Steam implemented a user controlled deletion only 1 year ago or so. Before you had to manually contact support. Makes one think... who develops a sophisticated online store, but no option to delete the purchases? And even worse, why is it like every store misses this option?!

I rather have these 28 warnings and do it myself.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Yeah. Though removing games from your account has always been a pain in other platforms as well. I think in Origin you had to chat with someone or even make a phone call. Steam implemented a user controlled deletion only 1 year ago or so. Before you had to manually contact support. Makes one think... who develops a sophisticated online store, but no option to delete your purchases? And even worse, why is it like every store misses this option?!

Because nobody expected users to do something that gives them basically nothing. It's one thing to refund it and another to just delete it without getting the money back. Probably GOG didn't implement the feature because the cases are so rare it's easier to just have someone do it manually each time someone wants a refund rather than spend money on developing an automatic system.

cosmicray

Savant
Plus what if users accidentally deleted games because they're idiots? Especially if you had your account hijacked. Although, they probably won't be deleted without possible restore, but via support of course. But yeah, it's not a feature that is absolutely vital and popular.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still no game on my wishlist with a 50% discount
Is this like your steam wishlist where you have every fucking game wishlisted?

e5QyF3e.png

Freddy Pharkas has been on GOG for over two years now.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Most of the faff about Infinitron being a shit mod is just joshing, or at least I thought it was until I saw he hasn't yet bought Wizards & Warirors. WTF man, I thought you were better than this. I demand you buy it and start playing tonight.

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Freddy Pharkas has been on GOG for over two years now.

Come on man, show some dignity, these games are almost all under five bucks. How much of a piss poor jew do you have to be to not just get them if you really wanted them? Is it necessary to wait for a 50% discount for games that are already dirt cheap to begin with just to save a literal shekel?

Mark Richard

Arcane
Now would be a good time to pick up Battlestar Galactica Deadlock at 60% off if you're into fleet tactics. The Broken alliance expansion adds significant longevity to the main campaign, and the new expansion Sin & Sacrifice is a huge epilogue.

Expeditions: Viking at 50% off. Turn-based party RPG ftw.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
It's an open world RPG where you only have 100 days to solve the main quest, but there's zero handholding. Like Fallout 2, you need to explore different settlements and find clues on where to go next (there's hundreds of clues). Darkness covers the map as time progresses making locations inaccessible, so you need to plan carefully where you want to travel.

vrvkdi1nt6n01.jpg

It was ahead of its time due to the sheer amount of non-combat skills and spells for a game that came out in 1992.

17ca01db2ad948752b0b6884c4216be1cdae826e1e15fe6773027031075b82f5_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

b23444ed3b71d314b2772fd16eccbf51ea433f162e1c0a292d84db32a7bc75a1_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

There are also hundreds of unique NPCs with memorable interactions.

images

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's an open world RPG where you only have 100 days to solve the main quest, but there's zero handholding. Like Fallout 2, you need to explore different settlements and find clues on where to go next (there's hundreds of clues). Darkness covers the map as time progresses making locations inaccessible, so you need to plan carefully where you want to travel.

Translation: It's a large game world with lots of distractions that you must mostly ignore to be able to beat the game due to the time limit and darkness shrinking down the map.

It was ahead of its time due to the sheer amount of non-combat skills and spells for a game that came out in 1992.

Trying something different (that doesn't pan out) =/= Being ahead of its time.

CotFR dared to be different. That doesn't always work out.

Is Low Magic Age worth the money or should i stick to ToME ?
They're fairly different beasts since Low Magic Age is D20 tacticool combat. Depends on how much you enjoy the combat in things like Knights of the Chalice, Pathfinder Kingmaker, etc. I also haven't taken a look in a while but they've partially added the dynamic campaign mode I think. Been waiting until it's either done or more finished before I take another peek.

GrainWetski

Arcane

GOG has only generated $7.8k net profit in 2018 on $34.5 million in sales. They burned them on R&D and operational costs.

Now imagine what that number would be with a lower cut. -7.8m?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom