Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
first they won't confirm malks being in the game

when it releases, they won't confirm malks as dlc

when the last dlc drops and the realisation hits you after all that time that they're simply not playable, it will be sweet

hexer

first they won't confirm malks being in the game

when it releases, they won't confirm malks as dlc

when the last dlc drops and the realisation hits you after all that time that they're simply not playable, it will be sweet

What if you're a Malkavian for real and you're doing just fine in the great game of life?

Saerain

Augur
Patron
If it offends nobody, it's not a VtM game.

It looks very much like Mitsoda & co are dead set on not offending anybody.

I'm sure offending religious prudes and tradcons is still in the cards, because they actually haven't kept up since 2004. Well, except:

I hate this go-to retort we've seen ever since V5 that "WoD has always been progressive." Because I seem to remember when "progressive" was a liberal label, and not so goddamn illiberal and postmodernist. It wasn't just my imagination, right?
WoD was never "progressive" in the way naysayers want it to be. WoD was very clearly punk and anti establishment. Sometimes for the sake of it and most times with an ironic air to it. It was never self serious BLACK GAY MOOSELEM VAMPY MAN and BASH THE FASH!

Vampire: The Overton Window

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It depended on the particular line and particular book but oWoD had some pretty fucking retarded/fetishistic stuff from the start.
For example, Changing Breeds and of course pretty much ALL OF FUCKING OLD CHANGELING.

hexer

It depended on the particular line and particular book but oWoD had some pretty fucking retarded/fetishistic stuff from the start.
For example, Changing Breeds and of course pretty much ALL OF FUCKING OLD CHANGELING.

I live in a part of Europe rife with vampire legends/history. WoD stuff is pretty tame compared to stuff you see on a Friday/Saturday night in a goth club here.

Prime Junta

According to these people Malkavians in Bloodlines are ableist. Because we wouldn't want to offend people who actually do talk to stop signs.

They already p much said that. The quote is buried ITT somewhere. Something about treating whatever the proper word for insanity is with consideration and respect.

They are fiercely determined not to offend anyone (except you lot ofc, but you don’t count and never did).

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
true in a deracinated, universalist, judaised sense, but nonsense in the existential sense where it matters - it's actually open season on them since their natural protector, their only protector, that being the men of their race, their fathers, their brothers and significant others, are disempowered from actually asserting themselves in that role, and resultantly women are more insecure, more unhappy, more neurotic and dysfunctional than ever

holding it against white women that they're being catered to as an interest group (what you see is as being "coddled" but what's actually been the process of turning them into labour units under the guise of empowerment) is to buy into the gender warfare and division being pushed on society by rootless hunchbacked cosmopolitans

Fess up, whose alt?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
You are a Thin-Blood. In a social vampire hierarchy you are lower than indian street shit collector.
This:

*snip*

Based on tabletop, that fared THAT bad that caused White Wolf to be closed
"Political Agenda" "pronouns"

It is less than a day and my hype already withered A LOT

FFS that is NOT what caused the firestorm, you anti-SJW are just as bad on the one extreme where body shaming is ok (as was done above in this thread) vs the ultra-warrior who finds offense in everything.

Pronouns had NOTHING to do with with Paradox stepping in, poor wording of the first printing implying support to play as a white supremacist vampire and making comments about the atrocities in real life Chechnya that was easily taken out of context to the point Russian media quoted the book to 'prove' said atrocities didn't happen it was just rumors started with a game is what caused Nu-White Wolf to be reigned in. Let's use facts not your political agenda when discussing the topic.
>Joined:Wednesday
>Admin of World of Darkness News https://worldofdarkness.news/
>you anti-SJW are just as bad on the one extreme where body shaming is ok
silueta-hombre-manos-que-conecta-pieza-rompecabezas-contra-efecto-luz-sol_42256-17.jpg

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
She's just a fucking games journalist. What the actual fuck.
I mean... I'm not a fan, but it's not like most game writers seem to have extensive credentials these days. She consulted on Dishonored 2, wrote her own text-based game, and kickstarted some other one. By today's standards, where simply having a twitter account is seemingly all it takes to write for games, I think she more than qualifies.

That doesn't mean the output will be good, of course, but there are plenty of crappy game writers. Her RPS articles were imo pretty awful, but the audience there seemed to like it.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
As long as all fear about it being some mmorpg crap is settled and after info bout creators of Bloodlines involved plus decent dev team with rather solid tabletop background included it will be for sure another gem in crpg collection.
It was worth to watch it live at 4am , and hear interview with devs . Just waiting for release and Blood Moon edit already in my Steam collection. What gives me small amount of fear is the fact about Mitsoda being author of crappy Torment Numenora background story, but im sure he will put more effort into B2.

Sykar

Arcane
I am surprised this thread exploded like that in the past few days. Still not anything of substance out about the game and they want to release it next year. They do not even have a gameplay trailer, just that garbage no-show with horrible music.

Dexter

Arcane
We won't know till we play it.
Do not hope for anything about it. It could be a shit game... as much as it could be a masterpiece. Just analize it when it is released. So far we cannot tell. We have not even seen any gameplay yet!

Just give them one opportunity instead of accepting failure as only option. We could be surprised.
If the game turns out to be shit... do not worry because RPG codex will write thousands of books criticizing it.
Let's assume that Cara will be a one-off and leave any sort of concern about politics aside, let's assume it's just a group of people trying to make the best game they possibly can and the best possible sequel to a cult-classic.

I'd just like to point out the studio's history again in greater detail for all the fabulously optimistic people out there, since I think they aren't paying near anywhere enough attention to that.

Here's some of their latest output:
Blacklight: Retribution (2012)

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition (2012)

Special Forces: Team X (2013)

Daylight (2014)

Phantom Army (2014)

They've apparently also worked on porting some games like "Shadow Complex: Remastered" to PC or "Chivalry: Medieval Warfare" to consoles under their new name, but have otherwise done no Original work since then.

Blacklight: Retribution is also the only other title they also feature majorly on their website after the transition from Zombie Studios to Hardsuit Labs: https://www.hardsuitlabs.com/blacklight/
For which they recently announced an end of life in preparation to the reveal of Bloodlines 2: https://twitter.com/HardsuitLabs/status/1093934661917597697

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
You're the whining usual suspects he was talking about.
Boo hoo, call me when it's the Codex that campaigns for banning of video games.
You mean like no one we're talking about does?
Weird, could've sworn HM 2 got banned in Straya due to "journalists" whining about its offensive content. And it so happens that one of these "journalists" is now a senior writer for BL2.

Reinhardt

Arcane
After they said malkavians are problematic i give no fucks about their game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom