Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Is Kinkmaker gud?

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Is Pathfinger: Kinkmaker a gud game that is worth buying/playing?

• Yes, it is good

• No, it's shit

• I am ambivalent

• Haven't played it

• Kingmaker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yosharian

Arcane
Kassil was not presented as a Lawful Good advisor, I picked based on role-playing. Kassil seemed like a person chosen by the Swordlords to keep an eye on me, whereas Lander seemed like a potentially interesting and loyal guy.

It is not circumstantial because advisors have to be reasonably in step with the way you run things or they leave. My point stands.
Lander looks and sounds like a kid trying to play an adult, from what I recall. You get what you choose.
That's fair, but has nothing to do with my point...

Cael

Arcane
Way to be melodramatic.
Realistic. The west has a leftard problem, and the sooner you morons do something about it, the better your civilisation will be.

We have a fear mongering problem. And a right wing problem. And many more problems. Tell me something new.
Ah yes, the leftard "you are fearmongering" meme, which hilariously ignore the fact that 1) it is not fearmongering if it is the truth and 2) telling 4 year old kids that their parents are evil and will destroy the world is not fearmongering but "truth". Fucking hypocrites.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
2) Rerongar's alignment and outlook are in complete opposition to my character's, and thus my kingdom's, goals and alignment.

Reg is a good general regardless of alignment. The actual difference between him and Amiri as generals is mainly that Reg supports having a magic-based army while Amiri wants stronger soldiers. General isn't a position like councilor or diplomat where the problems are often alignment-based.

Yosharian

Arcane
2) Rerongar's alignment and outlook are in complete opposition to my character's, and thus my kingdom's, goals and alignment.

Reg is a good general regardless of alignment. The actual difference between him and Amiri as generals is mainly that Reg supports having a magic-based army while Amiri wants stronger soldiers. General isn't a position like councilor or diplomat where the problems are often alignment-based.
That contradicts what several other sources have stated, which is that advisors will leave if you choose solutions which oppose their viewpoints. Nobody said 'except generals, those guys you can pick whatever'.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

That contradicts what several other sources have stated, which is that advisors will leave if you choose solutions which oppose their viewpoints. Nobody said 'except generals, those guys you can pick whatever'.

Reg will leave if you do that, but most of his viewpoints as general involve using magic in the army and not your alignment. The choices tend to be more technocratic than ideological.

Incendax

Augur
Lander looks and sounds like a kid trying to play an adult, from what I recall. You get what you choose.
The best part is reading the tool-tip about Lander being a fucking moron when it comes to leadership before you even meet him or know who Lander is.
I didn't even spoil myself, and recognized him as the tool-tip guy.

Reg will leave if you do that, but most of his viewpoints as general involve using magic in the army and not your alignment. The choices tend to be more technocratic than ideological.
I think Reg is the best general in the game. His bonuses are very good, his penalties are irrelevant because his sheer stats mean he almost never fails, and his choices almost never lead to bad results. I even give him props for testing the magic rage juice on himself. That's the kind of thing soldiers appreciate.

Last edited:

Incendax

Augur
The decisions are broken down into +1 Happiness, Neutral, or -1 Happiness results. If you disagree with an adviser using Neutral options then you don't have to worry. It's only when you pick -1 Happiness results too many times that they will leave, and choosing +1 Happiness can balance that out.

And when I say Neutral, I mean "how much the adviser likes that idea" not the Neutral alignment.

Yosharian

Arcane
I think Reg is the best general in the game. His bonuses are very good, his penalties are irrelevant because his sheer stats mean he almost never fails, and his choices almost never lead to bad results. I even give him props for testing the magic rage juice on himself. That's the kind of thing soldiers appreciate.
Gee that definitely sounds like a Chaotic Evil person

Yosharian

Arcane
The decisions are broken down into +1 Happiness, Neutral, or -1 Happiness results. If you disagree with an adviser using Neutral options then you don't have to worry. It's only when you pick -1 Happiness results too many times that they will leave, and choosing +1 Happiness can balance that out.

And when I say Neutral, I mean "how much the adviser likes that idea" not the Neutral alignment.
I know that, I figured that a CHAOTIC EVIL person is going to disagree with Good/Lawful choices, that's why I'm not using him.

If there are no actual conflicts in the game that's not my fault, and I've got no way of knowing that besides meta-gaming.

Rerongar's card says he is 'hot-headed', that's not the kind of person you want in charge of a fucking Lawful Good kingdom's army. Add that to his CE alignment, there is no way he should be an option.

This discussion began with the assertion that the game gives you no choice on whether or not to use Amiri, because you need her to cover the General advisor position.

First someone said that that wasn't true because of another character (Kassil) who can be a general, but that character's existence in the game is based on an early decision that doesn't give you any indication that he's a general, nor does it provide the character's alignment, or the alignment any of the other options. So that was bullshit.

Now we're saying that is isn't true because it turns out that actually this Chaotic Evil, hot-headed bastard is perfectly fine as a General for a Lawful Good kingdom. But that's bullshit too, because without meta-gaming, a player would have no idea that this was the case. You can't just change the goalposts and say 'oh well the game says that but actually he's fine, so you're not forced to use Amiri actually'.

So I repeat: the game (depending on story choices that you have no foresight on) forces you to use Amiri, it's not an option, you need her as a General in cases where you didn't pick Kassil and your kingdom is Lawful Good.

Last edited:

Incendax

Augur
I know that, I figured that a CHAOTIC EVIL person is going to disagree with Good/Lawful choices, that's why I'm not using him.
If there are no actual conflicts in the game that's not my fault, and I've got no way of knowing that besides meta-gaming.
Why are you trying to bullshit us? You give metagaming reasons for choosing not to use him, then use not metagaming as a defense. Unlike the real Pathfinder, there is no Detect Evil in this game. If you're not going to use him because it says Chaotic Evil on his sheet, that is totally cool. You do you. But if you're trying to roleplay then base your decisions on the way he actually acts. :P

Cael

Arcane
Why are you trying to bullshit us? You give metagaming reasons for choosing not to use him, then use not metagaming as a defense. Unlike the real Pathfinder, there is no Detect Evil in this game. If you're not going to use him because it says Chaotic Evil on his sheet, that is totally cool. You do you. But if you're trying to roleplay then base your decisions on the way he actually acts. :P
They should not even put alignment down on anyone's sheet if Detect Alignment is not in the game. Let the guy's actions and words direct your reaction to him, not a line on a character sheet. Another fucktard decision from paiturd.

Yosharian

Arcane
Oh come on.

Incendax

Augur
They should not even put alignment down on anyone's sheet if Detect Alignment is not in the game. Let the guy's actions and words direct your reaction to him, not a line on a character sheet. Another fucktard decision from paiturd.
That would be a nice touch. You're going to eventually figure it out with Holy Word type spells, but it would be really interesting if you didn't know their alignment at first. Even more interesting when the game changes their alignment, like how Regongar can become Chaotic Neutral.

Incendax

Augur
Now we're saying that is isn't true because it turns out that actually this Chaotic Evil, hot-headed bastard is perfectly fine as a General for a Lawful Good kingdom. But that's bullshit too, because without meta-gaming, a player would have no idea that this was the case. You can't just change the goalposts and say 'oh well the game says that but actually he's fine, so you're not forced to use Amiri actually'.

So I repeat: the game (depending on story choices that you have no foresight on) forces you to use Amiri, it's not an option, you need her as a General in cases where you didn't pick Kassil and your kingdom is Lawful Good.
You're mixing me up with an argument you're having with someone else. I never said anything about him being fine for a Lawful Good kingdom, only that he's a very competent general that gives better mechanical results than other generals. That actually tends to be the case with all the evil advisors, such as Tsanna being surprisingly good at getting those sweet bonuses.

As for Kassil, he is clearly a good person and spelled out as someone who wants to be your general. If you didn't notice that, you rolled a natural 1 on your perception. It happens.

The game IS guilty of giving you no foreknowledge of what other advisors might be coming along, or which advisors might suddenly vanish and leave a hole in your plans. It would be quite nice if there was an interview process before you hired them for these important positions. But for that matter, it would be fucking nice if you could hire ANYONE ELSE besides your friends and random people you find around the troll and spider filled wilderness. Kassil / Lander / Shandra are just about the only people who count as 'trained employees' with actual experience. :D

Sykar

Arcane
The chaotic evil half-orc who wants to wear me like a cock ring?

And who the fuck is Kassil?

You don't have to fuck Regongar to make him your general. Kassil is the envoy from Jamandi.
1) I didn't choose Kassil.

So yes, I do need to keep Amiri around, in a way that I didn't need to with Anomen. My point stands.

A circumstantial point at best, considering that you do not have to interact much with your advisors outside of the occasional ranking up. Literally first world problems. Oh and why did you not choose Kassil? It is obvious that the other two are the non-good alignment choices and ergo are further away from your alignment compared to Kassil and that seems to be a major concern to you.
Er. What? My regent kicks ass. Just because he isn't a Paladin doesn't mean he can't fit in.

Kassil was not presented as a Lawful Good advisor, I picked based on role-playing. Kassil seemed like a person chosen by the Swordlords to keep an eye on me, whereas Lander seemed like a potentially interesting and loyal guy.

It is not circumstantial because advisors have to be reasonably in step with the way you run things or they leave. My point stands.

Think about it, who is Jamandi and how does she behave? She was your employer, then your liege. What can you tell from her behaviour? Well for one she honors what she is promised. You get your baron title, the lands and her support to develop them. She even opens up about what her endgame is. She does tell you that she wants Restov to become independant from the Surtuvas. She clues you in why she chose you, and that you were in fact a backup plan, not what she initially wanted, since she cannot get sufficient support from the other families who are sympathizers of the independence movement.
Then ask yourself who are the Surtovas? The guys who make immediate first veiled threat on first contact, playing it off as some sort of advice. Her advisor sneers at you and shows open disdain for everything related to Restov. And who is Lander? Some teenage punk who tells you that he is the best, the others are crap and that you have no business of knowing from which noble family he comes from.
Tell me considering this, who is most likely to be good? As to spying on you, what do you think the others will do? Of course Jamandi wants to keep an eye on you since she takes a huge risk investing in you and trusting you not to stab her in the back. What would you do in her situation? Recommend that you take an envoy from the Surtovas?

Way to be melodramatic.
Realistic. The west has a leftard problem, and the sooner you morons do something about it, the better your civilisation will be.

We have a fear mongering problem. And a right wing problem. And many more problems. Tell me something new.
Ah yes, the leftard "you are fearmongering" meme, which hilariously ignore the fact that 1) it is not fearmongering if it is the truth and 2) telling 4 year old kids that their parents are evil and will destroy the world is not fearmongering but "truth". Fucking hypocrites.

Oh fuck off, you know little to nothing about my opinions on the matter. If you want to know roughly my political view on the matter go watch Angry Foreigner/ArgeBlatte on Youtube. Randomly chosen video:

Among the many morons he critizies on the (far) left he als has a video about that far right wing fucktard who calls himself Peter Sweden, who funnily enough is not even Swedish, who spouts the same type fear mongering bullshit rhetoric as you do.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Oh fuck off, you know little to nothing about my opinions on the matter.
Sure we don't. The chap to keeps crying about rightwing fearmongering is truly an enigma to the rest of us. You are laughably transparent.

brainlettttt.jpg

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You're just making a lot of assumptions based on guesswork.

Yes! This is one of my favorite things about Kingmaker: you need to make judgments about various important NPCs based on limited but still relevant information, and if you accurately judge their character, you usually end up being rewarded.

I understand why you’d want more information to make better decisions, but there are a lot of traps that no one would choose if they had more complete info.

Sykar

Arcane
Sure we don't. The chap to keeps crying about rightwing fearmongering is truly an enigma to the rest of us. You are laughably transparent.

brainlettttt.jpg

Oh wow, a meme. That is about the substance of the horse shite you are spouting. Stick to critizing paizo and Harebrained, you suck at everything else, you ignorant dumbfuck.

Cael

Arcane

brainlettttt.jpg

Oh wow, a meme. That is about the substance of the horse shite you are spouting. Stick to critizing paizo and Harebrained, you suck at everything else, dumbfuck.
Hahahaha! Someone's burning because he was portrayed accurately and his lies exposed to the light.

What are you going to do next? Cry about me on reddit? Twatter, perhaps? Lol!

Sykar

Arcane

brainlettttt.jpg

Oh wow, a meme. That is about the substance of the horse shite you are spouting. Stick to critizing paizo and Harebrained, you suck at everything else, dumbfuck.
Hahahaha! Someone's burning because he was portrayed accurately and his lies exposed to the light.

Crying? At your shoddy unsubstantiated undifferentiated ignorant bullshit?

Keep puffing up your chest and huffing that glue you seem to be high upon,
dumbfuck.gif

Cael

Arcane

brainlettttt.jpg

Crying? At your shoddy unsubstantiated undifferentiated ignorant bullshit?

Keep puffing up your chest and huffing that glue you seem to be high upon,
dumbfuck.gif

Lol! Sure, leftard sjw soiboi. Keep on with your crying about rightwing hate and oppresshun. You false flaggers are a joke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom