Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Incendax

Augur
The Krull glaive in Arcanum is also a returning throwing item.
Arcanum seems to have really powerful Throwing. Not quite as insane as the Pyroaxe, but way safer and with neat effects. One of the earliest items in the game is a returning Chakram that paralyzes opponents.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
List of games where throwing weapons do NOT suck:
nnKgXKI.png

Throwing weapons are useful early in Dungeon Master, although they're eventually superseded by crossbows with quarrels.

Gunnar

Arbiter
I can't get the fishing lines to go together. I have all 4 25' lines and the hook. Merge shows they should combine into 50, 75 and 100 feet lines, but it does not work. I've tried a bunch of different things, am I missing something incredibly obvious?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I can't get the fishing lines to go together. I have all 4 25' lines and the hook. Merge shows they should combine into 50, 75 and 100 feet lines, but it does not work. I've tried a bunch of different things, am I missing something incredibly obvious?

Instead of merging them via "merge" or the big inventory screen in general, try simply dropping them on one another in the basic inventory bar.

Incendax

Augur
Do Females have a hidden HP penalty?
I got curious and rolled 100 Male Berserkers and got a range of 15-31.
Then rolled 100 Female Berserkers and got a range of 12-28.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
STR might have an influence on how many HP you get.

Considering that several attributes influence spellcasting, it wouldn't surprise me.

Incendax

Augur
STR might have an influence on how many HP you get.
Considering that several attributes influence spellcasting, it wouldn't surprise me.
I was using a Sub 50 race, so Strength got raised to 50 in both cases.
Could the HP be calculated before the class adjustment?

Gunnar

Arbiter
Re Scribable Skulls : I just saved it and moved on, I tried read magic multiple times, couldn't do it.

I'm at the Necropolix and noticed that the skulls can only be used by a Necromancer. Too bad I booted mine already or I could test it. My guess is that a Necromancer class can use the skulls in combat to cast the spell described and it goes off the Incant skill.

Also, now that Astral Travel is working, I made it to the Astral Realm and found a sword there that isn't on the wiki: Dragonslayer 6d6, gives bonuses vs dragons and drake.

SevenSidedDice

Learned
Does anyone know the Wyrm's name required at Evil Undercroft?

According to the map, only Moravia, areas near Raven Wildes and everything after Blackspike remains unexplored.

I'm at the Necropolix and noticed that the skulls can only be used by a Necromancer.

How did you conclude that?
BTW that would explain why I wasn't able to use them, I don't have a Necromancer.

Gunnar

Arbiter
When you look at an items stats, there's a list of races and classes - the ones who can use it are highlighted.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Does anyone know the Wyrm's name required at Evil Undercroft?

I think it's right on that map somewhere - don't remember exactly.

According to the map, only Moravia, areas near Raven Wildes and everything after Blackspike remains unexplored.

To get to Moravia, don't forget to light the fifth orb at the Samhain pillar.

Incendax

Augur
Can't seem to get down into the Catacombs.
Don't have Charm/Diplomacy/Robbery. Kicking myself for selling the Charm scroll I found earlier.
Even touching the correct letters to the riddle causes the trap to trigger on the door.

SevenSidedDice

Learned

Comte

Hey guys when looking for some advice on multiclassing. Should I just get my party up to level 10 in their beginner class then multiclass? The manual kind of alludes to doing this.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Hey guys when looking for some advice on multiclassing. Should I just get my party up to level 10 in their beginner class then multiclass? The manual kind of alludes to doing this.
It takes a long time to get a character to level 10. I recommend class changing at level 6.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I in turn recommend changing at 8. It doesn't take that much more xp to get there and the two more levels' worth of skills and spells can be useful. Not to mention more bonus stat points in the bank for further multiclassung etc.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Level 8 is also good. I guess it depends on how many class changes you're going to be doing. If it's a lot of class changes, then change earlier to get where you're going faster, if it's only one or a few class changes, then change later to maximize your stat gains. I did 5 class changes at level 6 and was at my final class after leaving Samhain with enough points to max out the things I needed.

Incendax

Augur
I feel like 8 is where things really start slowing down. 1-7 being quick, 7-8 taking a while, and then filling out most of 8 taking even longer. Lady Error convinced me not to go 10 on Cleric, and I think that was the right choice.

I’m exploring Samhain right now with 8/8 and eager to switch as soon as the meter fills.

Incendax

Augur
Finished Samhain. I thought it was somewhat disappointing.

I mean, I liked the areas in general, but they really built it up as a Cthulhu nightmare place... and it was just more Dwarves. It should have been at least crazy tentacle infested Dwarves. I suppose the cultists have been keeping the place clear of Cthulhu monsters since George made his deal, so it’s coherent from a story perspective. It just feels like a missed opportunity.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'd definitely change class no later than immediately before hitting lvl. 8, remember you also need to make up the XP for the current level after your class change and the XP required to hit 9 is a doozy.

Incendax

Augur
I'd definitely change class no later than immediately before hitting lvl. 8, remember you also need to make up the XP for the current level after your class change and the XP required to hit 9 is a doozy.
It feels like a lot, but I got to 8/8/7 by the end of Samhain. I’ve been told there is quite a lot of game left, so it doesn’t seem like too long unless you are going for a dozen class racetrack.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How do you get past the Nether Titan in the Titan Mines? I got Monster Bait and Ice Crystals from the other titans. But I can't figure out how/what to do with them.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom