Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bought this yesterday. Good Lord, it's much harder than I thought it would be (I, too, am one of the guys that NEVER parried in Dark Souls 1/2/3/DeS/BB.)
It's very pretty and whoever coded it did a great job, runs flawlessly on the PC and the controls are good and snappy (XBOX 360 controller.)

Unlike most ITT I like the stealth mechanic; being able to take out so many 'trash' enemies risk-free feels gratifying and it's fun how quickly they (and you) die.

Lady Butterfly can suck my dick!!

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Just reached certain part of Sunken Valley. I already started feeling like this wasn't a true FromSoft game at all but fortunately I was mistaken:baka:

Someone has probably posted this already but too many pages to check ITT.

1ef.jpg

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just reached certain part of Sunken Valley. I already started feeling like this wasn't a true FromSoft game at all but fortunately I was mistaken

Someone has probably posted this already but too many pages to check ITT.

1ef.jpg

Yep, this game has Valley of Defilement too. It has also Shaded Woods, Boletaria Palace and Fishing Village (only easier and worse). Fainter hints of other areas abound.

Still the level design in this game is a complete knock out. My screen is constantly smeared with cum.

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

I still try to beat spear guy.
This game pisses me off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ent

Savant
Fromsoft made guns super powerful in this game and didn't give you any.

Jinn

Arcane
Still the level design in this game is a complete knock out.

I'm repeatedly feeling some of the best level design elements from both DaS and DaS II, except with the added delight of the verticality and freedom of movement. It makes me very happy.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So weird. Some of my friends have problems with one-trick mini bosses (some general with spear, whatever), that i slice through on 1 or 2 tries. But then they go ahead and kill the purple ninja after maybe 2-3 tries, while it took me over 60.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I'm fighting against
Genichiro
(third major boss) and this is straight up one of the most fun boss fights, period. Once you get in the zone and start mixing up all your moves, tools and parries, it's easily one of the most satisfying boss fights From Soft has ever done.

SumDrunkGuy

Yo heads up, don't waste your skill points on Emma's Medicine. I got both of the skills and they don't do jack shit. 9 fucking skillpoints, wasted.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Wow, that Hidden Forest area was pretty cool.
Also a cool moment when you fight the guardian ape and you kill it, then the message Shinobi execution comes up, you relax and then it rises again holding its head.
And the 2 apes fight was pretty easy.
The snake eyes before that was tougher untill I decided to think like a Shinobi and figured out that you can aggro the miniboss, lure it close to the poison pool idol, climb up that statue and wait as the miniboss poisons itself, your input being only to deliver the 2 deathblows.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So weird. Some of my friends have problems with one-trick mini bosses (some general with spear, whatever), that i slice through on 1 or 2 tries. But then they go ahead and kill the purple ninja after maybe 2-3 tries, while it took me over 60.

I had the same problem that you.

Purple ninja fight is almost a souls battle. Dodge is effective, unlike in the rest of the battles in this game. When we are trying to learn the new style of precise blocking, they throw you that Hayabusa wannabe to make you spam roll to victory.

Nathir

Liturgist
Finally beat the guardian ape. After being overjoyed I go to the depths only to discover more apes...

Adon

Arcane
Bought this yesterday. Good Lord, it's much harder than I thought it would be (I, too, am one of the guys that NEVER parried in Dark Souls 1/2/3/DeS/BB.)
It's very pretty and whoever coded it did a great job, runs flawlessly on the PC and the controls are good and snappy (XBOX 360 controller.)

Unlike most ITT I like the stealth mechanic; being able to take out so many 'trash' enemies risk-free feels gratifying and it's fun how quickly they (and you) die.

Lady Butterfly can suck my dick!!

The stealth stuff is p rudimentary, but overall I do enjoy using it whenever possible. However my absolute favorite use of this mechanic is dropping on some poor soul to insta-kill them and then proceed to quickly defeat anyone else nearby.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Love the miriki counter, remind me of Fucking obliteration techniques from Ninja Gaiden 2.

I need another decent NG game. Intense exhilarating combat.

Sekiro is growing a lot on me. For me the Replay value is going to be make a run playing decently. Because right now I'm overcoming obstacles due to seer will. I'm pretty bad, without elegance or style.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I'm on a fog forest now, filled with fog people, there's a closed temple an according a NPC I must enter it through a breach in the second floor, but I can't find a way to get there yet. I killed a rehashed version of the giant drunken boi that spits posion and I improved my health again. Literally I don't have idea where to go next.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm on a fog forest now, filled with fog people, there's a closed temple an according a NPC I must enter it through a breach in the second floor, but I can't find a way to get there yet. I killed a rehashed version of the giant drunken boi that spits posion and I improved my health again. Literally I don't have idea where to go next.

Explore the entire area. Somewhere close to the temple look up. (the branch right next to the temple is just for surveillance).

Dyskolos

Cipher
Found out a cool strat - you can continiously jump on him and slash him in the air

It took me several hours to remember the jump button existed for anything but exploration. Now I constantly play morrowind frog hop style.

Sentinel

Arcane
Btw, if you hold L1 (block) your posture will decrease faster. Basically the opposite of Dark Souls shields & stamina.

Yo heads up, don't waste your skill points on Emma's Medicine. I got both of the skills and they don't do jack shit. 9 fucking skillpoints, wasted.
I got a noticeable increase.

And this game has some incredible hitboxes (except for grab attacks)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom