Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Has there been any statement yet on if Nines is romanceable?

Lambach

Arcane
Something i felt lacking in Bloodlines was the absence of ancient vampires. Most of the vampires you meet are not very old while on Redemption you had a Cosmas who wore a roman armor.

A good rule of thumb is to avoid actively including ancient Vampires in your Chronicles. How are you supposed to accurately portray a character with 6 or more dots in Attributes like Intelligence, Charisma, Wits, Appearance, or characters with advanced non-Humanity Paths whose minds are utterly alien to mortals?

Delterius

Arcane

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Although it is a mediocre game, Redemption still has some qualities and even if on average it is inferior to Bloodlines, somethings have been done better than in the sequel.
The character has a motivation, going from medieval times to the 90's was pretty cool and the Sabbat were handled much better.
Something i felt lacking in Bloodlines was the absence of ancient vampires. Most of the vampires you meet are not very old while on Redemption you had a Cosmas who wore a roman armor.
Redemption has a much better character-driven story, it's not driven by McGuffins like the sarcophagus, but it actually has characters who have personal reasons and motivations that clash with each other and create drama. It could've been better, like focusing more on the contrast between Ekaterina's wishes and Christoph's desire to search for Anezka, but eh. Anezka is also a pretty good character, who changes and endures for what she wants and has actual agency. Bloodlines is more of a museum tour, you hop from one character to the next and they barely interact, if ever.

d1nolore

Savant
Sexy Vampires 2004:

giphy.gif

Sexy Vampires 2020

1791403651_be6b2e8dd7_b.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

Jokes aside,why do hate it that much,you are shit at diabloesc games?

I do enjoy Diablo-esque games as a guilty pleasure, but Redemption was a lackluster game that while inoffensive and not a bad one also didn't really do a whole lot. I think much of this has to do with retrospection now, because you play Bloodlines and then you think to Redemption and you can only go, "Well that game sucked dick compared to this one." If there was no Bloodlines, maybe I'd see Redemption in a slightly better light but just barely.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

A good rule of thumb is to avoid actively including ancient Vampires in your Chronicles. How are you supposed to accurately portray a character with 6 or more dots in Attributes like Intelligence, Charisma, Wits, Appearance, or characters with advanced non-Humanity Paths whose minds are utterly alien to mortals?
Sounds cool. The Tzimisce in bloodlines felt very alien but i guess that could be to the fact that i was a Tzimisce and not because it was ancient.
I still think that the contrast between a vampire born in more ruthless ancient times way of thinking and a more civilized Vampire born in the 18th century could be really interesting.

Starwars

Arcane
The Bloodlines sewers ARE fucking terrible. It's a bad, bad level. There's no excuse for that shit. And made all the worse because of how lovely the game is before it. But even on their own, they are terrible.

It's still kind of a shame how the game turns out. It's been talked about a million times but Santa Monica, Downtown and Hollywood... all awesome (to varying degrees) but the game really turns to shit after that.

d1nolore

Savant
The Bloodlines sewers ARE fucking terrible. It's a bad, bad level. There's no excuse for that shit. And made all the worse because of how lovely the game is before it. But even on their own, they are terrible.

It's still kind of a shame how the game turns out. It's been talked about a million times but Santa Monica, Downtown and Hollywood... all awesome (to varying degrees) but the game really turns to shit after that.

But thats classic Troika: Front loaded epicness, waning ending as they rush to finish.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
if you had said fledgling this thread would turn into a larp
If you say so young neophyte.
when you're embraced by a tremere waifu but turns out fantadomat is strauss

:dealwithit:

Bald Bulgarian fits to the tremere regent stereotype
how do you know hes bald

are you bald fantadomat
Yeah,got bald at 20ish,too much thinking and overheating kills the roots :). Never really cared tho,i just shave it 0 number form time to time and get a nice beard :obviously:. Friend do love to joke that i look like a revolutionary writer from time to time.

EDIT:Hahahaha no need to despair mate,it suits my build well and the chicks don't even care about,some even like it.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane

prepare for -
mass-effect-andromeda-face.jpg

- Ah, look what just walked in. I can't imagine you getting much of a rise out of Vesuvius, being what you are. Maybe I'll have more luck with you.
- Isn't this better? Just you and me, alone, for just a little while. Away from Jyhad and that nonsense, and the dangers. Just the two of us.
DopeyEnviousGalah-size_restricted.gif

All of the combat sections in the game are just as bad tbh, the sewers just take longer to get over with.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I do enjoy Diablo-esque games as a guilty pleasure, but Redemption was a lackluster game that while inoffensive and not a bad one also didn't really do a whole lot. I think much of this has to do with retrospection now, because you play Bloodlines and then you think to Redemption and you can only go, "Well that game sucked dick compared to this one." If there was no Bloodlines, maybe I'd see Redemption in a slightly better light but just barely.
Honestly i believe that the writing is better in Redemption. Bloodlines is good but nothing memorable,it was very serviceable unless you play malkavian,while i do remember a few lines here and there from Redemption. Maybe you should replay it now,it could feel better.

Honestly i believe that the writing is better in Redemption. Bloodlines is good but nothing memorable,it was very serviceable unless you play malkavian,while i do remember a few lines here and there from Redemption. Maybe you should replay it now,it could feel better.
Redemption had pretty cool multiplayer that no one but me used. It was similar to NWN in that you could have a GM controlling stuff. There was also a mod that added playable Mages, Werewolves, etc. Makes me wish for something similar but modern.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Redemption is just a better exercise in straightforward, I'd say classical, character building. You know why everyone is doing whatever it is they are doing and the plot is moved by that. Christoph is brave and inspires courage in others through example, that is why everyone follows him, he brings out the best in his coterie; but he isn't an unfeeling macho man, he genuinely falls for Anezka because they have chemistry and have spent time together, will do everything for each other and in the end actually DO that. It's one of the best love stories in gaming. Plenty can be said about Redemption's story and characters actually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom