Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

alyvain

Learned
IMO, these inconsistencies urge everyone to rethink exactly how truthful Troika's adaptation of WoD was instead of going for half-cooked theories. I honestly believe that writers went like "fuck this shit, let's just make some cryptic remarks about his blood power growing", any other explanation is simply wishful thinking

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Exactly like in the first game, the devs are going to ignore the rules as written, which were designed for campaign tabletop play over the course of real life years, and throw in something else that makes sense for a 30 hour video game.

The beauty of Bloodlines is that the devs mostly did stick to the rules as written. The PC is simply an 8th or lower generation Vampire coming into his powers. That is why Domination worked on him early in the game, but did not later. That is why Andrei commented on the potency of his blood being greater. The 'sire' decapitated by the Sheriff was a mindwiped dupe. The real sire is now hanging out with Jack and Caine the Cabby.

An excellent example of assigning grave importance to details that don't matter in the slightest, mate

Oh no mate, it is quite telling how city elders are becoming scared shitless of how quickly how powerful the PC is becoming. LaCroix and Andrei even bloody comment on it outright.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Ravnos antediluvian was killed by the Technocracy, so they aren't omnipotent and indestructible. Tremere master race (after the Tzimisce).
Wasn't that retconned in 5th edition? Tremere clan isn't all powerful anymore either, they got splintered into 3 factions.
That was the retconned Gehenna alternative. He did wake up, but the Technocracy managed to kill him, leading Beckett and others to speculate that Gehenna isn't apocalyptic in nature.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
IMO, these inconsistencies urge everyone to rethink exactly how truthful Troika's adaptation of WoD was instead of going for half-cooked theories. I honestly believe that writers went like "fuck this shit, let's just make some cryptic remarks about his blood power growing", any other explanation is simply wishful thinking

Well, even if they did not exactly plan for it, the end result beautifuly fits the setting.

alyvain

Learned
Oh no mate, it is quite telling how city elders are becoming scared shitless of how quickly how powerful the PC is becoming. LaCroix and Andrei even bloody comment on it outright.

And player character is still but a pawn, narratively speakint. I don't think that a few references to his power is anything but lampshading CRPG mechanics

Prime Junta

Dudes, it's completely clear both from in-game and external evidence that the authors intended the cabbie to be Caine, working behind the scenes to pump up your power at an ungodly rate. The only reason we're even speculating about this is that WW chickened out and denied it, leaving a lore inconsistency.

Attempting to patch that up is all good fun but it is in the end all ex post facto rationalisation. Explaining that inconsistency could be a hook for a sequel (if this was a PnP campaign and I was the storyteller, that's what I'd do), but as things currently stand, that's really all it is.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's irrelevant. You're essentially debating what really happened to the alien at the end of Annihillation, completely missing the fact that it's obviously a metaphor. Or discussing the time travelling mechanics of Looper even though the movie flat-out tells you it doesn't matter at all since the movie is about something else entirely.

Delterius

Arcane

And player character is still but a pawn, narratively speakint. I don't think that a few references to his power is anything but lampshading CRPG mechanics
non lone wolf ending chad detected

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's irrelevant. You're essentially debating what really happened to the alien at the end of Annihillation, completely missing the fact that it's obviously a metaphor. Or discussing the time travelling mechanics of Looper even though the movie flat-out tells you it doesn't matter at all since the movie is about something else entirely.
Killjoy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Tremere is the master race of Bloodlines.

tumblr_phpblk5rHI1vdfeo4o2_1280.png
Clear show of superiority!

Black

Arcane
Exactly like in the first game, the devs are going to ignore the rules as written, which were designed for campaign tabletop play over the course of real life years, and throw in something else that makes sense for a 30 hour video game.

The beauty of Bloodlines is that the devs mostly did stick to the rules as written. The PC is simply an 8th or lower generation Vampire coming into his powers. That is why Domination worked on him early in the game, but did not later. That is why Andrei commented on the potency of his blood being greater. The 'sire' decapitated by the Sheriff was a mindwiped dupe. The real sire is now hanging out with Jack and Caine the Cabby.
If they stuck to the rules as written then Grünfeld Bach would have made you his bitch
Why?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Technocracy
Why are those fuckers not eradicated?
we are trying but they rule the world
Meh,just nuke their hQ city and be done with it! I assume is californian shithole. The boring shits even blew up a antediluvian instead of watch the epic battle. What a bunch of boring losers.

Also is there a really dead antediluvian or are their souls immortal? The cases i have seen are all "somebody sucking them dry and then the joke is on them".

Delterius

Arcane
Technocracy
Meh,just nuke their hQ city and be done with it! I assume is californian shithole. The boring shits even blew up a antediluvian instead of watch the epic battle. What a bunch of boring losers.

Also is there a really dead antediluvian or are their souls immortal? The cases i have seen are all "somebody sucking them dry and then the joke is on them".
they not only have all the nukes, they are the nukes

Codex Year of the Donut

If they stuck to the rules as written then Grünfeld Bach would have made you his bitch

That entirely depends on how high was high True Faith.
He was capable of making himself invulnerable, which is a high faith rating miracle I believe.
If we follow this line of reasoning, he was one of the strongest characters you encounter in the entire game. Lorewise, he should have had you on the ground crying like a baby simply by being in your presence.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Perhaps a Tremere
>wanting to literally be enslaved in a pyramid scheme for all eternity

People who like Tremere are the worst. Not only the sign of an unbalanced and powerhungry narcissist, but far worse: an indication that they enjoy the blatant, hamfisted parts of the setting that lack the subtlety and balanced dynamics characterizing the rest of it :rpgcodex:

It's always autistic pretentious-nerd types like Lacrymas who love tremere too.

Speaking of lacrymas, for pages they've been complaining\making theories about devs being too 'lazy' to make clans look different,

When there are already tons of outfits and various cosmetic items as pre-order\DELUXE EDITION bonuses,
and when it's already confirmed that we will be able to fully customize our character in char-gen not only once, but twice, 2nd instance being when we finally get to pick a clan

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Technocracy

they not only have all the nukes, they are the nukes
One is enough,no need for all of them. And from what i read they are not that powerful. Bunch of cucked liberal atheists wanting to kill vamps. You could just get a tank of toxic gas and just go stowing in and killing everything.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

That entirely depends on how high was high True Faith.
He was capable of making himself invulnerable, which is a high faith rating miracle I believe.
If we follow this line of reasoning, he was one of the strongest characters you encounter in the entire game. Lorewise, he should have had you on the ground crying like a baby simply by being in your presence.
I shot him with a sniper. Also clearly he was invulnerable in the game,normal human will die from a shot or two to the head,he had divine bullet dodging.
:terminate:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom