Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

alyvain

Learned

For some reason I trust Schaffer more than Mitsoda or anyone else working on this game

Nines_Anarch

Learned
Am I the only one who is missing Space Nugget?

I was expecting a daily countdown until release date!

Maybe he was Brian Mitsoda... or Rik Schaffer himself... Suspicious.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
One is enough,no need for all of them. And from what i read they are not that powerful. Bunch of cucked liberal atheists wanting to kill vamps. You could just get a tank of toxic gas and just go stowing in and killing everything.

Mages are insanely powerful, bending reality at will, etc, etc. Plus, the Technocrats don't really care about Vampires. As Vampires manage their Masquerade and keep their existence hidden from mortals by themselves, the Technocrats don't feel they need to act in any way. They only care about things that would increase the mortals' awareness of the supernatural.

Werewolf is an exceptionally hard game to play. I generally prefer Mage or Vampire. Werewolves are harder because they are actually more close to the light side and are too pigeonholed into a strong archetype.

What about Wraith: The Oblivion?

I've read a bit about it and it sounds interesting.

The Real Fanboy
I think I just came across the coolest character in my Bloodlines 1 playthrough!!!

giphy.gif

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why is there such a big push for this game, pre-orders that is? It even got the main banner on Steam. Can't say I have seen that before for a pre-order that far out from release. Same on GOG. Is it because of the EPIC deals? Showing that these stores in fact still will get some games?

miles teg

Scholar
I'm not familiar with the tabletop rules. How does diablerie work exactly? I know you can bite a lower generation vampire to decrease your own gen, but how is the new gen calculated? Is it just an average?
If a gen 10 vampire performs diablerie on a gen 2 vampire, does he become gen 6?
And what if he bites Caine himself (assuming he can catch him)?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I'm not familiar with the tabletop rules. How does diablerie work exactly? I know you can bite a lower generation vampire to decrease your own gen, but how is the new gen calculated? Is it just an average?
If a gen 10 vampire performs diablerie on a gen 2 vampire, does he become gen 6?
And what if he bites Caine himself (assuming he can catch him)?

Theoretically you get -1 generation and that's it, but with really huge generation differences this is left up to the Storyteller's discretion.

Personally I always houseruled the gain as (gen difference)/2, rounded up.

From what I know diablerizing is always a risk though, especially when there is a huge difference in generations. There is a chance you get another vampire in your body that just removes your "conscience"

Reinhardt

Arcane
If you trying to bite someone with much lower generation having another vampire in your body is smallest of your risks.

Prime Junta

So? being a 11th gen Vampire is already pretty powerful.

Not enough to impress Strauss or Andrei, besides which you can determine your gen from your blood points. If the game adheres to the PnP rules, you’re 8th gen.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Bloodlines 2 is number 3 on Steam global top sellers: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=globaltopsellers

Also it is already on the first page of the top wishlist: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=popularwishlist

I expect it will be at least on number 3 there too, next to The Outer Worlds.

And it has already over 18K followers (those who opt in for announcement notification) on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/532790/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Bloodlines_2/

(For comparison, TOW has 72,303 follwers.)

It's going down on top sellers (a year of waiting, eh?) but now it's #5 on top wishlist, just above other Paradox game Imperator: Rome.

And followers are now over 45K.

Getting close to The Outer Worlds: it's now #3 on the top wishlist, just below TOW. And followers are now over 60K...

RiTKWGg.png

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Fun fact: the strongest Vamp in Bloodlines1 is Jeanette.

Which is a 6th gen., basically ULTRA strong, though quite young since she says she has lived as a vamp for "2 lifetimes", that we could assume as 150-180 yo.

In VTM 5th ed. you have to cross generation AND age to determine "power" (with higher ager = more power). Not sure about previous edition. I don't even know what they used in the first game.

I was wondering. Have people here played Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption?

Just one spoiler about a certain ending

In the "evil" ending you diablerize Vudovlak. How realistic is it that Christof actually bested the battle of wills against Vudovlak?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was wondering. Have people here played Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption?

Just one spoiler about a certain ending

In the "evil" ending you diablerize Vudovlak. How realistic is it that Christof actually bested the battle of wills against Vudovlak?
I vaguely remember that he actually doesn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom