Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Jesus Christ. I cannot watch this shit.

1:02:00 to 1:07:00 - he spends 5 minutes on a simple cog puzzle.

sstacks

Arcane
Cleve when?

Codexers! This should get your whiskers quivering!

The Ratphone just lit up (it's like the red Batphone except it has viking horns, prefers ale and enjoys Nancy Drew adventure games) and upon picking it up with a feverish and excited "yes??", the King Rat himself's voice from the distant end informed me that he is still in touch with Cleve, and an interview is set to happen after Cleve squares some stuff on his end away. That's all the cheese worth chewing over for now, stay tuned!

sstacks

Arcane

Boleskine

Arcane

We are in the decline of Matt Chat, aren't we? :(

zB7Udho.png

I know his view counts have always struggled but I'm disappointed for Matt regardless. His channel hasn't really grown the way it deserved. Nowadays putting in the effort he did in the past for weekly videos is probably not worth the time and energy.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I dunno...sincerity? Matt seems to be embarrased of his hobby judging by his frequent giggling.
I used to think he would improve with more experience, but that hasn't happened.

Mustawd

I dunno...sincerity? Matt seems to be embarrased of his hobby judging by his frequent giggling.
I used to think he would improve with more experience, but that hasn't happened.

I don’t know about embarrassed. The guy drinks ales out of a viking horn in front of a wall display of video games. He just isn’t a typical charismatic youtube personality who interviews people well.

Is he awkward? Sure. In that regard I’m also surprised he hasn’t gotten more comfortable over time. Probably the most comfortable he’s been was when he interviewed Joe and Hannah from Whalenought.

I think part of the views issue has to do with the youtube algorithm. I’ve been subbed to his channel since I was in grad school and I can’t remember the last time I saw one of his recent videos in my “recommended” queue (which I use more than anything else for youtube).

I kind of feel bad because it’s been close to 4 years or so since I rven visited his channel. I should do a binge watch this weekend or something....

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
On the positive side, his Patreon is quite stable... it went down to $300 a video in 2017/2018, but now is around $420 again.

I think he is having a hard time finding new interviews to do, gave up on breaking into the mainstream, so now he focus on the people who want to see 2 hours of a guy playing an obscure 80's RPG with 2k views per video. The real question is how long will this be enough for him...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom