Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wall climbing in first-person games, prepare yourselves -

b.jpg

Tao

Savant
*realistic light

Christ, that was an uplifting lunchtime viewing. Probably too sensitive/charged subject matter for a mainstream game to embrace, though.

You dont need to go to Seattle, you can just go to the game discord server to live the experience. What a shithole

BTW they said at discord that V5 and Bloodline2 were create hand to hand, taking and making ideas between each other...

Herumor

Scholar
TBH, for now it sounds like Batman: Arkham City, but with dialogues and RPG character progression

The only positive thing about that would be the verticallity introduced in the game. For all that I enjoyed Redemption and Bloodlines, they were very grounded games, in terms of movement in the game-world.

This was something I was hoping to see more of utilized in that World of Darkness MMO by CCP, but we all know how that one turned out.

Emphasis on fluid combat, using vampiric speed to slide in and out of melee range and slash people and execute them with melee weapons. You can get special cinematic finishers in combat when you execute people a la Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Counters are in. Guns exist and are treated as temporary opportunities, you pick em up, use it, then discard it and move on.

So it seems they are going for a more focused approach this time, replacing the melee\ranged routes we had in the first game with just melee. I guess that's better than trying to do everything and ending up with a bunch of half assed systems like in the original.

I am much more concerned with the decision to focus on melee, I hope the combat system isn't being modeled after the Assassin's Creed or Batman paradigm.

Codex Year of the Donut
TBH, for now it sounds like Batman: Arkham City, but with dialogues and RPG character progression

The only positive thing about that would be the verticallity introduced in the game. For all that I enjoyed Redemption and Bloodlines, they were very grounded games, in terms of movement in the game-world.

This was something I was hoping to see more of utilized in that World of Darkness MMO by CCP, but we all know how that one turned out.

Who thought that music choice was a good idea?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
melee was clunky in the original but firearms felt fine later in the game. you just didn't get access to any decent ones until 2/3 of the way through.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I wanted to play VTM:Bloodlines again, but I realized I didn't have my CD with me anymore. So I went to see how much it was on Steam.

20 FREAKING DOLLARS!!!
AXLGv2V.png

So I cruised on over to GOG and it's ON SALE 75% OFF FOR $2.49!

And Redemption, for all its popamole-ness, is even less!

Last edited by a moderator:

alyvain

Learned
wall climbing is good actually

If we play Batman or Prince of Persia, then maybe.
What the actual fuck is vertical oriented anyway? Was Novigrad vertical-oriented for these people? I hardly see how wall climbing can benefit dialogue-heavy RPG except for occasional breaking into buildings with evil concierge. Are they planning to create fully decorated apartments in all Seattle skyscrapers for you to perv or get into? I don't think so.

Climbing the walls just seems like such an unnecessary thing to promote about the game. Of course I can be seriously wrong, because we still don't know shit about this game, but this thing kinda bugs me.

Herumor

Scholar
Who thought that music choice was a good idea?

Just a guess, but someone who watched Queen of the Damned and actually enjoyed it.

What the actual fuck is vertical oriented anyway?

At its most basic, it's being allowed to traverse up or down in a game in a way that's more than using just the stairs or simply traversing above ground level in a non-standard way. I suppose recent examples of this could be either Dying Light or the modern Deus Ex games. The video I had linked in my previous post had a small part where the player character was jumping across rooftops and then afterwards actually leaping off said rooftop to land on the ground. Obviously, this could be expanded upon way, way more when you account for various Discipline powers and how you might use them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom