Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Whatever shit you posted didn't load

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've been seeing this a whole lot lately, for the past several months or so:

BrokenImage.png

When I say "I," I mean some of my posts but also many others' posts, far more than ever before. Prior to the rating's implementation, people would say something instead, but again, with far less frequency.

What the fuck is going on? I see three possibilities:

• a whole bunch of hosts are suddenly having loading issues near-simultaneously (unlikely)
  • XenForo is becoming a janky piece of shit at embed handling/loading (likely)
  • Codex's server (presumably a Gateway 2000 in DU's basement) is becoming a janky piece of shit

Maybe it's some combination.

PorkBarrellGuy

It's weird. Shit refuses to load sometimes, other times it'll work fine. Tried clearing browser cache, no effect. Random as shit.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I could change it to "Whatever load you shittted didn't post".

Fucking around with Facebook likes seems to be your sole skill and only interest as site owner, but I suspect that won't fix anything.

Actually, come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if the massive amount of rating buttons you've flooded the site with are affecting everyone's performance. Each one is an image in and of itself and each must be served to each user, and although they're hidden until mouseover, each is also an element of the forum software displayed within every post in a thread.

See, there is something ratings-related you could do to improve the site!

Murk

Arcane
I often get twitter embeds not loading, but a refresh usually handles it. Images usually load, but I'd say 50% of the images I embed get a "shit didn't load" rating, so now I just include the raw link.

jfrisby

Cipher
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If anyone else has the issue with twitter embeds not loading (telling you to disable adblock) in Firefox, the culprit is the built in Firefox tracking protection.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
If anyone else has the issue with twitter embeds not loading (telling you to disable adblock) in Firefox, the culprit is the built in Firefox tracking protection.
"Culprit"? It's doing its job. Twitter can fuck off, I'm not changing settings for them.

pm_675

Arbiter
I often get twitter embeds not loading, but a refresh usually handles it. Images usually load, but I'd say 50% of the images I embed get a "shit didn't load" rating, so now I just include the raw link.

Happens to me, too. But now is indeed more frequent.

Perhaps a subtle nudge to make us donate?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Discussion forum post ratings are just as cancerous as Twitter, because both are tendrils of the same tumor—namely post-2007 social media and its associated features and trappings.

If you look down your nose at one but not the other, then you're deep in clueless newfag territory.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, Twitter's always dropped in and out. More so the last day. They may have changed something because New Zealand.

Angthoron

Arcane
Codex started loading halfway for me again today. Last time it stopped doing that when you turned off the button parade, DU. It's been holding up nicely until now but yup, same crap again.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Upgrade the potato you're running your browser on and embrace the wonders of the 21st Century.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom