Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Wesp5

Arcane
So is Camarilla Edition plus Clan Quest Mod a good combination for someone who has completed the base game three times already?

Oh yes! And be sure to play the 4.0 version to experience a new hub and the Sabbat questline...

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
She actually inspired me to come up with a response to the eternal "what is an RPG?" the Codex has been agonizing over since its inception. I'll post my reply in the trigger the codex thread.

gaussgunner

Arcane
So. What a review, eh?

Big tities,would't mind a titjob from her!

My immidiate reaction was blowjob; but to each his own. :cool:

From a vampire or a wannabe? You like living on the edge... :D

Well, she does have fangs, but apparently they can wear caps if they're actually sharp enough to do damage. If worst comes to worst there's always stiches. With those DSL's it's a risk worth taking.

Black

Arcane
Hey Wesp5 here's an idea for a quality of life improvement if you ever wanna go back to Bloodlines.
Something that allows the player to fast travel between places he's already visited, say from Ventrue tower to your haven.

Wesp5

Arcane
Something that allows the player to fast travel between places he's already visited, say from Ventrue tower to your haven.

That would be a lot of work as you would need to change all affected maps and find a way on how to select your destination.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Sometimes the game relies on you getting somewhere you have already been to on foot (Beckett approaching you with final advice as you go to talk with the Anarchs before Griffith Park... and that's it, I think, but still), so this system would potentially break the game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've never thought Bloodlines has too much walking around, while that usually sticks out like a sore thumb to me, so I don't think a fast traveling system is necessary in any way.

Black

Arcane
Maybe you're right, it's just I'm going Brujah this time and the fatigue of the 3 Nosferatu sidequests hit me. That and loading screens everywhere.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guys, clan quest mod 4.0 is out: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-clan-quest-mod/downloads/clan-quest-mod-40-full-installer

Just a few notes:

> Together with the mod, Burgermeister01 has released a walkthrough full of spoilers. Given that you will spoil half your fun, even by checking who you can diablerie and who you cannot, avoid the walkthrough section as the plague.

> Unluckily, not only he did release a list of people you can diablerie, but also spoiled how you are supposed to diablerie (not step by step which dialogue paths you're supposed to take, but just to what subject you should refer when talking with the guy now diablerized). Basically I ruined my own fun. Seems like that the mod adds also false steps with persuasion, so you can actually use a blue option but that turns out false or plain wrong. Be careful on your meddling, fledgings! A list of who you can diablerise:

Ash
Brother Kanker
Isacc
Jeanette
Therese
Therese\Jeanette
Jezebel Locke
Julius
Serial killer
Pisha
VV

> Check this website for the install instructions: https://clanquestmod.planetvampire.com/how-to-install/

Is this mod text heavy? And does the writing suck blow? I like the idea of diablerie, but if the writing causes seizures of cringe, I'll stay away.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Guys, clan quest mod 4.0 is out: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-clan-quest-mod/downloads/clan-quest-mod-40-full-installer

Just a few notes:

> Together with the mod, Burgermeister01 has released a walkthrough full of spoilers. Given that you will spoil half your fun, even by checking who you can diablerie and who you cannot, avoid the walkthrough section as the plague.

> Unluckily, not only he did release a list of people you can diablerie, but also spoiled how you are supposed to diablerie (not step by step which dialogue paths you're supposed to take, but just to what subject you should refer when talking with the guy now diablerized). Basically I ruined my own fun. Seems like that the mod adds also false steps with persuasion, so you can actually use a blue option but that turns out false or plain wrong. Be careful on your meddling, fledgings! A list of who you can diablerise:

Ash
Brother Kanker
Isacc
Jeanette
Therese
Therese\Jeanette
Jezebel Locke
Julius
Serial killer
Pisha
VV

> Check this website for the install instructions: https://clanquestmod.planetvampire.com/how-to-install/

Is this mod text heavy? And does the writing suck blow? I like the idea of diablerie, but if the writing causes seizures of cringe, I'll stay away.

The writing is servicable. The voice acting is tolerable.

Delterius

Arcane
So, I tried this CQM thing, got to skyline apts where for some reason every button and keylock model is actually a floating janitor fucking up with my camera.

Now I realize that the files in Moddb are Full installer 4.0.1 and 4.0.1 Patch. Do I actually need both and am I supposed to install all the crap that comes along with the mod to get fewer bugs? Including this camarilla edition thing.

grom

Educated
I'm replaying this great game at the moment, decided now was a good time to finally do a Malk run.

So far I'm finding the Malk to be extremely overrated. Mildly disappointed 'cause I put off playing a Malk for ages, after hearing about how great and rewarding it was.

The dialogue options are less "genuinely insane" and more "cringeworthy lolrandom". Probably the worst examples of writing in an otherwise very well-written game.

The insightful disembodied voices were a cool idea, except that so far I haven't been able to make out a single word they've said, since they usually whisper while someone else is talking loudly over the top of them.

And arguing with the stop sign?... :roll: Why this scene is a fan favourite is beyond me.

Still love this game though, having a great time with it in general. Fingers crossed the sequel can do it justice.

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
I'm replaying this great game at the moment, decided now was a good time to finally do a Malk run.

So far I'm finding the Malk to be extremely overrated. Mildly disappointed 'cause I put off playing a Malk for ages, after hearing about how great and rewarding it was.

The dialogue options are less "genuinely insane" and more "cringeworthy lolrandom". Probably the worst examples of writing in an otherwise very well-written game.

The insightful disembodied voices were a cool idea, except that so far I haven't been able to make out a single word they've said, since they usually whisper while someone else is talking loudly over the top of them.

And arguing with the stop sign?... :roll: Why this scene is a fan favourite is beyond me.

Still love this game though, having a great time with it in general. Fingers crossed the sequel can do it justice.
It is from a simpler time, back when "The Cake is a Lie! LOL!" didn't yet exist.

Vatnik Wumao
The guy who wrote the malk dialogue said that it was done at the last minute deep into crunch and it was basically him babbling in his sleep deprived state.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The guy who wrote the malk dialogue said that it was done at the last minute deep into crunch and it was basically him babbling in his sleep deprived state.

The TV talking to you and the Stop-sign ordeal points to it being a bit more thorough. Most of the central characters also react to your babbling and the entire Cain scene is different.

Codex Year of the Donut
TBH the Malkavian dialogue seems like such a bad cost/reward investment when developing a game. Rewriting nearly all the dialogue in the entire game, including NPC responses and recording new lines for something many players will never even experience.

And I know people who actually like the Malkavian dialogue will disagree, but they're completely missing the point. If they had infinite time and funding they could have of course included endless content, no project has this and every project has to make decisions on where to spend time and money. Rewriting the entire game's script just for something only a small portion of players will ever see was a (unsurprisingly) terrible management decision.

Last edited:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
shut the fuck up

also there already is fast travel in this game

just slide on like corners of corridors, it increases your speed several times over

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom