Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Is it really a sequel in any meaningful sense? Looks like an entirely standalone story also.

The more convincing excuse for calling it Bloodlines 2 is that it's aiming to be the same style of game whereas Redemption was an isometric thing.

Redemption isn't isometric, it's more of a free camera 3rd person combined with a scroll-out. With Redemption I feel like it's more a case of no stringent design choice as far as the camera goes less than it being "isometric"...

It might be true that it's not a direct sequel, but with some of the same characters returning and basing itself on the events of the first game, it's at least much more related than Redemption and Bloodlines were, no?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
We all already know why it's called Bloodlines 2 — it's another cashgrab cashing in on your nostalgia, stop trying to think of alternative reasons.

Wasn't Activision owning Bloodlines specifically a roadblock to getting the sequel out at earlier points? I kinda want to know how they Kotick onboard seeing as whatever offer Paradox may have made has to be pocket change to Big B.

Delterius

Arcane
We all already know why it's called Bloodlines 2 — it's another cashgrab cashing in on your nostalgia, stop trying to think of alternative reasons.

Wasn't Activision owning Bloodlines specifically a roadblock to getting the sequel out at earlier points? I kinda want to know how they Kotick onboard seeing as whatever offer Paradox may have made has to be pocket change to Big B.
he's a fan

Prime Junta

Is it really a sequel in any meaningful sense? Looks like an entirely standalone story also.

The more convincing excuse for calling it Bloodlines 2 is that it's aiming to be the same style of game whereas Redemption was an isometric thing.

They did say that "fan favourite" characters are returning. And that it's a "direct sequel," so presumably at least referring to events that happened in B1.

(IMO this is likely to make the game worse. It would feel very weird to see a wholesale migration of LA kindred to Seattle without an explanation.)

Delterius

Arcane

They did say that "fan favourite" characters are returning. And that it's a "direct sequel," so presumably at least referring to events that happened in B1.

(IMO this is likely to make the game worse. It would feel very weird to see a wholesale migration of LA kindred to Seattle without an explanation.)
obviously the kuei jin are the canon ending

Black

Arcane
They did say that "fan favourite" characters are returning.
2014-07-09_00006.jpg

I am more excited about this than I would like to admit.

Oh wait, this is a Paradox Product?
Separate DLCs for each and every clan is a minimum.
Will look into it when GOTY DC Ultimate Edition witht he complete game is released (and on sale).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/22/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview/

“If you look at Paradox’s other products there’s obviously a strong commitment to the fanbase and user-generated content and modding and stuff like that,” said Kipling, adding that it would be “part and parcel” to their approach when making a true successor to Bloodlines. Paradox are also known for their post-launch support, which includes Bloodlines 2. I don’t know how much DLC there will be, but I do know that some clans will be added to the game after launch, and that these will be free to all players.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/337...uerade-bloodlines-2-is-finally-happening.html

Asked about that, Paradox says that post-release content plans are still in flux, but that they recognize they won’t be releasing new features the way they might for a Crusader Kings or a Cities: Skylines. That said, Paradox is known for releasing some features free, others paid, and that will continue for Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2. Right off the bat, I’m told additional clans will come post-release, and that those will be free for all players while story-driven content (for instance) could be paid DLC.

Codex Year of the Donut

I personally don't think Kotick is anywhere near as bad as people like to make him out to be, I doubt it would be hard to get him on board for a project like this.
People hate Kotick for doing things that maximize profit for the company… that's his job.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not clear that Activision ever owned any of the intellectual property in the first Bloodlines. They could just have a license to sell it.

Thonius

Arcane
I wanted to play VTM:Bloodlines again, but I realized I didn't have my CD with me anymore. So I went to see how much it was on Steam.

20 FREAKING DOLLARS!!!
AXLGv2V.png

So I cruised on over to GOG and it's ON SALE 75% OFF FOR $2.49!

And Redemption, for all its popamole-ness, is even less!
Haha! Fucking BloodLines 2 costs here 1085 RUB while Bloodlines 1 cost 900 RUB
Gog got it for 100RUB :^)

I wanted to play VTM:Bloodlines again, but I realized I didn't have my CD with me anymore. So I went to see how much it was on Steam.

20 FREAKING DOLLARS!!!
AXLGv2V.png

So I cruised on over to GOG and it's ON SALE 75% OFF FOR $2.49!

And Redemption, for all its popamole-ness, is even less!
Haha! Fucking BloodLines 2 costs here 1085 RUB while Bloodlines 1 cost 900 RUB
Gog got it for 100RUB :^)
That jew bloodsucker image is amazing. Should be added to the smileys.

Syme

Arbiter

I personally don't think Kotick is anywhere near as bad as people like to make him out to be, I doubt it would be hard to get him on board for a project like this.
People hate Kotick for doing things that maximize profit for the company… that's his job.

People hated Kotick long before the shitshow that happened last month. He literally said that he wanted to take the fun out of making video games and instill a corporate culture of skepticism, pessimism, and fear of an economic downturn. If you enjoy a proper dystopian nightmare scenario, then he's definitely your guy.

Codex Year of the Donut

People hated Kotick long before the shitshow that happened last month. He literally said that he wanted to take the fun out of making video games and instill a corporate culture of skepticism, pessimism, and fear of an economic downturn. If you enjoy a proper dystopian nightmare scenario, then he's definitely your guy.
In a speech to investors he used words that would resonate well with them?!
Wow, that's scandalous! He should have reaffirmed their commitment to "fun" in making videogames that are buggy, unfinished messes which sell like shit and cause the developers to shut down, that would have been a homerun for sure.

jewboy

Arbiter
Kotick should be beheaded in front of his wife and children if he has any as should anyone else with that sort of job who thinks profits are the only thing that matters. Such an executioner would also be 'just doing his job'. Kotick's severed head in a wicker basket could continue to talk about how only profits matter for a few more seconds I guess. If only some national leader would have the balls to actually penalize corporations for behaving like sociopathic cunts it wouldn't be so bad. Corporations are like little kids. They are naturally evil. They need to be taught/forced to behave in a civilized manner. Any corporation that only cares about profits is a bad corporation that should not be in business at all. Making good/fun games should be the first duty of a game publisher or developer. Hopefully making a game that is more fun will sell more copies and result in more profits, but focusing on the profits first is a very bad way to think.

Syme

Arbiter

In a speech to investors he used words that would resonate well with them?!
Wow, that's scandalous! He should have reaffirmed their commitment to "fun" in making videogames that are buggy, unfinished messes which sell like shit and cause the developers to shut down, that would have been a homerun for sure.

As opposed to the tremendous incline that happened in the industry over the past decade thanks to corporate culture.

frajaq

Erudite
Tremere are the most powerful clan in the Camarilla in the modern nights.
lol not after the top of the tremere pyramid scheme got their shit pushed in by a bunch of ordinary humans

they're fractured, disorganized, confused, and pretty weak now.

That's pretty interesting, at least it would allow young Tremeres a chance at making their mark

Cool name

Arcane
Tremere are the most powerful clan in the Camarilla in the modern nights.
lol not after the top of the tremere pyramid scheme got their shit pushed in by a bunch of ordinary humans

they're fractured, disorganized, confused, and pretty weak now.

That's pretty interesting, at least it would allow young Tremeres a chance at making their mark
Yeah in all seriousness, Vienna getting rekt actually makes Tremere more interesting to me than before.

still not my favorite clan tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom