Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Sykar

Arcane
I am more excited about this than I would like to admit.

Oh wait, this is a Paradox Product?
Separate DLCs for each and every clan is a minimum.
Will look into it when GOTY DC Ultimate Edition witht he complete game is released (and on sale).

You would not want to imply that Paradox is very keen on milking its customers dry for every little thing, right? What am I saying, that is exactly what they are doing. Every. Fucking. Game.
:negative:

Codex Year of the Donut
We all already know why it's called Bloodlines 2 — it's another cashgrab cashing in on your nostalgia, stop trying to think of alternative reasons.

Wasn't Activision owning Bloodlines specifically a roadblock to getting the sequel out at earlier points? I kinda want to know how they Kotick onboard seeing as whatever offer Paradox may have made has to be pocket change to Big B.
I personally don't think Kotick is anywhere near as bad as people like to make him out to be, I doubt it would be hard to get him on board for a project like this.
People hate Kotick for doing things that maximize profit for the company… that's his job.

People hated Kotick long before the shitshow that happened last month. He literally said that he wanted to take the fun out of making video games and instill a corporate culture of skepticism, pessimism, and fear of an economic downturn. If you enjoy a proper dystopian nightmare scenario, then he's definitely your guy.
In a speech to investors he used words that would resonate well with them?!
Wow, that's scandalous! He should have reaffirmed their commitment to "fun" in making videogames that are buggy, unfinished messes which sell like shit and cause the developers to shut down, that would have been a homerun for sure.

As opposed to the tremendous incline that happened in the industry over the past decade thanks to corporate culture.
You ever think it might have been a result of all the failures caused by all that "fun", genius?

Deleted Member 22431

Hi Brian Mitsoda,

I heard you are reticent of talking about Malkavians condition in a way that sounds offensive to crazy persons in the real world. I got you covered. You can make a chain of quests tied to an anti-manicomial fight. That way you have the subject of madness in a friendly and not insulting tone. Take care.

:salute:

Sykar

Arcane
We all already know why it's called Bloodlines 2 — it's another cashgrab cashing in on your nostalgia, stop trying to think of alternative reasons.

Wasn't Activision owning Bloodlines specifically a roadblock to getting the sequel out at earlier points? I kinda want to know how they Kotick onboard seeing as whatever offer Paradox may have made has to be pocket change to Big B.
I personally don't think Kotick is anywhere near as bad as people like to make him out to be, I doubt it would be hard to get him on board for a project like this.
People hate Kotick for doing things that maximize profit for the company… that's his job.

People hated Kotick long before the shitshow that happened last month. He literally said that he wanted to take the fun out of making video games and instill a corporate culture of skepticism, pessimism, and fear of an economic downturn. If you enjoy a proper dystopian nightmare scenario, then he's definitely your guy.

Kotdick is ass-cancer, and that is almost an insult to cancer.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Hi Brian Mitsoda,

I heard you are reticent of talking about Malkavians condition in a way that sounds offensive to crazy persons in the real world. I got you covered. You can make a chain of quests tied to an anti-manicomial fight. That way you have the subject of madness in a friendly and not insulting tone. Take care.

:salute:
delete your account

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Daily reminder nostalgiafaggotry is ruining gaming. We'll have bunch of gratuitous plotlines or barely even explanations to get at best "hey I remember this character!" reactions from senile nostalgia chasers. It is also incredibly lazy and self-defeating on top.

frajaq

Erudite
Daily reminder nostalgiafaggotry is ruining gaming. We'll have bunch of gratuitous plotlines or barely even explanations to get at best "hey I remember this character!" reactions from senile nostalgia chasers. It is also incredibly lazy and self-defeating on top.

tbf it would be cool to see Jack and/or Beckett again, at least

FreeKaner

Beckett perhaps as that would make sense. No to anything else. Nostalgia repeat of characters is basically mental degeneracy, wanting only to recall memories from the past. It is also at direct conflict with actually introducing interesting new characters.

Codex Year of the Donut

I'm making a reminder for when this game releases to quote this and blame you for Jack & Beckett being gay romance options.

FreeKaner

The new shadowruns handled this best, all three are separate storylines but the later games have some nods and references to previous games to keep it related and make the mental degenerates go "hey I remember this" like an alzheimer patient finally remembering his dog for a moment before being lost in repetitive thoughts and movements again.

Codex Year of the Donut
The new shadowruns handled this best, all three are separate storylines but the later games have some nods and references to previous games to keep it related and make the mental degenerates go "hey I remember this" like an alzheimer patient finally remembering his dog for a moment before being lost in repetitive thoughts and movements again.
What? Shadowrun Returns was basically one big nostalgia circlejerk.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

Beckett maybe.

Jack, Jeanette/Therese, VV, Nines, Bertram etc would be blatant pandering.
Not gonna agree with you on this one. Jack is a pretty famous and canonical character, especially on the anti-Camarilla and anti-Sabbat front. He would have fun in the V5 world.

Delterius

Arcane
and its the worst of the three

FreeKaner

I mean dragonfall and hong kong.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it really a sequel in any meaningful sense? Looks like an entirely standalone story also.
What is required to be a "real sequel"? Does it have to be the continuing story of a single protagonist? Same setting, themes, and gameplay not enough for you? You'd better call GTA, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fallout 1 & 2, Suikoden, Dark Souls ... basically every game series ever made. They've all made a horrible mistake!

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
jack would be tolerable because like yeah he is a celebrity

it would be worse than beckett because of how omnipresent that retarded indiana jones fedora typer self insert furry is but eh

ONLY OTHER tolerable altenratives would be the thin bloods on the beach as it would be interesting to see how like somewhat older thinbloods managed to establish themselves in post gehenna society, however you could do that with completely new characters as well

Tao

Savant
Codex Year of the Donut
Is it really a sequel in any meaningful sense? Looks like an entirely standalone story also.
What is required to be a "real sequel"? Does it have to be the continuing story of a single protagonist? Same setting, themes, and gameplay not enough for you? You'd better call GTA, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fallout 1 & 2, Suikoden, Dark Souls ... basically every game series ever made. They've all made a horrible mistake!
basically every game you've listed shouldn't be given numeric sequels but their own sub-title

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom