Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Isn't jack dead?
seems so, lol

sorry I am not familiar with the lore in the gehenna books

but apparently it isnt really super set in stone so they could always just do an asspull retcon?

J1M

Arcane
Have they talked about which game engine they are building this on?

Syme

Arbiter
We all already know why it's called Bloodlines 2 — it's another cashgrab cashing in on your nostalgia, stop trying to think of alternative reasons.

Wasn't Activision owning Bloodlines specifically a roadblock to getting the sequel out at earlier points? I kinda want to know how they Kotick onboard seeing as whatever offer Paradox may have made has to be pocket change to Big B.
I personally don't think Kotick is anywhere near as bad as people like to make him out to be, I doubt it would be hard to get him on board for a project like this.
People hate Kotick for doing things that maximize profit for the company… that's his job.

People hated Kotick long before the shitshow that happened last month. He literally said that he wanted to take the fun out of making video games and instill a corporate culture of skepticism, pessimism, and fear of an economic downturn. If you enjoy a proper dystopian nightmare scenario, then he's definitely your guy.
In a speech to investors he used words that would resonate well with them?!
Wow, that's scandalous! He should have reaffirmed their commitment to "fun" in making videogames that are buggy, unfinished messes which sell like shit and cause the developers to shut down, that would have been a homerun for sure.

As opposed to the tremendous incline that happened in the industry over the past decade thanks to corporate culture.
You ever think it might have been a result of all the failures caused by all that "fun", genius?

I'm not arguing as to the cause of the cultural shift, I'm arguing that it shouldn't be applauded since not much of value came from it, as evident by the grognardism that's shared by myself and many others on this board.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it really a sequel in any meaningful sense? Looks like an entirely standalone story also.
What is required to be a "real sequel"? Does it have to be the continuing story of a single protagonist? Same setting, themes, and gameplay not enough for you? You'd better call GTA, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fallout 1 & 2, Suikoden, Dark Souls ... basically every game series ever made. They've all made a horrible mistake!
basically every game you've listed shouldn't be given numeric sequels but their own sub-title
Why? Will you answer any of my questions above?

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
tbf it would be cool to see Jack and/or Beckett again, at least

Beckett maybe.

Jack, Jeanette/Therese, VV, Nines, Bertram etc would be blatant pandering.

Why would Jack be Pandering? The others seem relatively tied to LA but Jack roams around and was behind the whole plot in BL1, him being involved in some way in what goes down in Seattle doesn't seem far fetched at all.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Isn't jack dead?

edit: It is heavily implied in the novel Gehenna: The Final Night that Smiling Jack meets his Final Death. He is killed by a Nosferatu named Okulos who was disguised as a vampire named Samuel; Jack let himself be killed to ensure that the thin-blood movement he helped start and raise would continue to fulfill Gehenna.

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Smiling_Jack

Maybe he fake it otherwise he die as a true sjw :salute:

Those books are considered non-canon afaik, since they all deal with possible scenarios during the apocalyptic Gehenna. Which didn't happen.

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's not clear that Activision ever owned any of the intellectual property in the first Bloodlines. They could just have a license to sell it.
Well they did issue a copyright infringement letter to the devs of Project Vaulderie, which was a modern remake of the Bloodlines. And apparently they had a legal case ready, which caused those guys to agree with 'cease and desist' right away.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
tbf it would be cool to see Jack and/or Beckett again, at least

Beckett maybe.

Jack, Jeanette/Therese, VV, Nines, Bertram etc would be blatant pandering.

I agree, but you know those are exactly who we're going to see. Jack especially, there's just no way in hell he won't be making at least a small cameo - I suspect a much larger role. To be fair, though, he, like Beckett, is very much a wanderer and wouldn't feel extremely out of place.

Ironically, political correctness may be what saves us from Jeaneatte (an awkward cameo anyway because they wouldn't be able to force a canon decision onto ppl. so she would probably be rewritten with some new defect that is a probable result of all choices in the original) and VV.

Black

Arcane
By the way, I revisited Redemption by looking up its LPs on youtube and the music seemed familiar. Lo and behold, the composer for the early parts of the game was the same dude that did Wizardry 8. Redemption environments kinda remind me of Wiz 8 too.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, Redemption's soundtrack stands out a bit. It isn't mind-blowing or anything, but it's much better than usual, it creates an atmosphere. Anezka's theme and the music that plays during casual exploration of Prague in particular are unusual.

Black

Arcane
TtS3Soo.png

I did warn you.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Do you people seriously think scantily-dressed women are considered politically incorrect? It's really the opposite, as long as the developer doesn't make it all about being for the male gaze and gives the female character some personality, it's seen as a female empowerment thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom