Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Amazing Fantastics is Final Fantasy Meets DC and Marvel

The Amazing Fantastics demo is

• 5/5, great

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 4/5, good

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3/5, meh

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 2/5, bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5, terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mustawd

Nit pick? Her boots are flat. Like a fat pancake. That's stupid.

V_K

Arcane
It's the first time Codex has talked to me in months and it's to nitpick over boots.
Seriously, what did you expect showing boobs to a bunch of nerds?
Digitally drawn boobs are the only boobs most people here are ever going to see, so of course they have to be perfect.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New hero.

Her name is Vipera and she's a martial arts expert. She'll be a playable character.

HEiQmKU.png

C0JUzwv.png
Her feet... Looks like freaking hoofs. The pose and proportion in general are not great.

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
New demo, playable from Firefox and Chrome. Features different content from the demo posted back in November/December.

<< Link: itch.io >> (May take a minute or two to begin loading)

WKkkbhJ.gif

screenshot49.PNG

screenshot51.PNG

screenshot52.PNG

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
I first posted about The Amazing Fantastics over 2 years ago. It is a turn-based RPG set in a superhero universe and it features over 20 playable characters. Work and a bunch of other things got in the way of development but episode 1 is nearly ready and will launch on PC this summer.

Trailer

Screenshots

GIF2.gif

GIF.gif

GIF1.gif

screenshot19.jpg

Demo

I've been working on The Amazing Fantastics on and off for 3.5 years and I'm ready to get something out there sooner rather than later, so I'm releasing the first chapter this summer. Demo here: https://neonarkade.itch.io/the-amazing-fantastics.

screenshot17.jpg

Feedback, thoughts, ideas for game features, etc., are all welcome.

Incendax

Augur
Looks interesting graphically. Will give the demo a try tonight.
Hellfire should invest in a better brassiere.
It offers like... no support when she casts spells.

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
be a hero and export to linux

Once the PC version launches I'll look into porting. I'm the only developer so I don't wanna bite off more than I can chew.

Looks interesting graphically. Will give the demo a try tonight.
Hellfire should invest in a better brassiere.
It offers like... no support when she casts spells.

I wanted her to be more revealing so people would make fan art of her. It worked.

DmQ9zkTWsAUjlNK.jpg_medium.jpg

Incendax

Augur
I wanted her to be more revealing so people would make fan art of her. It worked.
Oh, I’m totally fine with the character dressing in a sexual manner. People dress however they want. I just noticed her breasts flop wildly when she casts spells, and that has got to hurt unless she has super durability. :P

Darth Canoli

Arcane
So, i played the demo for 10 minutes or so.

Engine :
It is what it looks, a kind of recreation of the RPGMaker engine in Unity.
Doesn't it belong to the jRPG sub-forum, maybe you'll find more fans there ?

Random encounters :
You're supposed to be able to avoid random encounters but somehow, even if they seem perfectly human, they look like ghosts on the map and they can fly through walls to "catch" you and start a fight (you can flee, still, it's weird).

Key mapping :
I hope you plan it for the final release because it's a mess, for example, you have to hit the D key to advance the dialog in cutscenes but when the fight automatically starts right after it, the D key doesn't work anymore and you have to switch to the enter key to skip the rest of the dialog/instructions.

Combat :
I don't like it, it's basically RPGMaker style combat, maybe a bit easier to navigate because the skills are available in a single click, it would have been so much better with a grid based tactical view like shining force or more recently Fell Seal.

Good luck anyway.

Desert Fish

Educated
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The art is nice, I just wish it didn't have JRPG combat. The screenshots gave me associations to a beat 'em up like Streets of Rage. Now that could have been sweet.

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
Oh, I’m totally fine with the character dressing in a sexual manner. People dress however they want. I just noticed her breasts flop wildly when she casts spells, and that has got to hurt unless she has super durability. :P

Lol yeah they are pretty wild. When you get a chance to try out the demo let me know what you think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom