Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

So, this thing is 60 euro bucks? Seems kind of pricey. And they already have DLCs lined up.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
DualShockers : You mentioned Cara Ellison is involved as a writer, did you approach her? How did that come about?

Ka'ai : Brian can probably help you out with more of the specifics but we did approach her. Brian’s always really liked her work but mainly we wanted her to handle what we call the “U7”. The unsanctioned vampires that were created at the beginning of the game. We felt like her tone matches really well with the plight of vampires who are completely out on their own. They’re, ironically, very human stories, and that matched up with her style really well.

:M

Sounds good to me actually - seems like they restricted her role to writing out some fringe group where her particular brand of idiocy would actually be appropriate.

Tao

Savant
Yep, can't wait to be put in those hard and very human moral dilemas "Shall i kill that married interracial thinblood lovers to enter the Camarilla or should i leave them alone and go join the anarch?" ::thinking::

Last edited:

Raziel

Educated
DualShockers : You mentioned Cara Ellison is involved as a writer, did you approach her? How did that come about?

Ka'ai : Brian can probably help you out with more of the specifics but we did approach her. Brian’s always really liked her work but mainly we wanted her to handle what we call the “U7”. The unsanctioned vampires that were created at the beginning of the game. We felt like her tone matches really well with the plight of vampires who are completely out on their own. They’re, ironically, very human stories, and that matched up with her style really well.

:M
Here's what happened. Mitsoda hires Ellison and gives her some throwaway quests to write, at the same time Mitsoda makes Cara shill the game to her kotaku friends so when it finally releases none of the SJW madams(*tips hat*) shit on the game for having characters like F-A-T Larry and Tseng.
Mission accomplished, Mitsoda is hailed as a hero.
Alternatively, Mitsoda has been cucked by wife for years and will usher in a new age of sparkly vampires. :negative:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If I were revamping the Bloodlines character sheet, I would try to use visual cues to show the relationships between your main stats and your revised stats (on the right) more clearly.
As for Deb, notice that Karis Campbell did not say yes or no. She gave a non-answer, which could mean she doesn’t know yet or it could mean she’s under NDA.
Eh, logical reduction of her statement indicates that they haven't yet considered bringing her back. Of course she could be deliberately lying, or maybe they hired her completely by accident without thinking about it first, but those possibilities aside, she's not in the cast.

That's silly. If she's involved, she can't say yes, or anything that could remotely be confused with yes. If she's in discussions with Paradox, she can't say that either. Under the circumstances, "I would love to do it. Maybe I'll be in the game if you tell Paradox how much you want me" is about as close as she could possibly come to acknowledging her potential involvement.

A more convincing no would've included something like, "not that I'm aware of."

Love

Cipher
  • Hardsuit Labs did the pitch on their own volition and then went to convince Paradox.
  • They seem to have the right attitude in terms of using skill points in an immersive sim.
  • Why is it, that this genre is getting so much attention now?
I would have thought this was the natural way of things to go from System Shock and Deus Ex onwards. Instead we got a ten year detour over slowly putting more and more skills and diversification into FPSs.

We felt like her tone matches really well with the plight of vampires who are completely out on their own.

:drink:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Where did they say we are going to see gameplay in 2020? The game is supposed to be released in Q1 2020.

One of the devs said it in one of the various videos interviewing them. I don't recall which one and also there's a possibility it was an error on his side.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They even said we are xpected to see gameplay in 2020... what are we supposed to discuss here for a year, wtf.

yeah supar weird announcement. "Oh by the way we're making bloodlines 2 see you in a year"

This is why we can’t have nice things. I know everybody’s desperate for new information, but the devs can’t even make a glib joke without Paradox needing to step in and walk the audience through what they meant, step by agonizing step.

Fan: when will we see gameplay footage?
Developer: no later than Q1 2020...
Fan: but that’s the release date!!!
Developer: you’re almost there
Fan: I won’t preorder your game if I can’t see gameplay footage first
Developer: uhhn you’re getting colder
Fan: how dare you try to scam us with this anti-consumer behavior!
Paradox: good sir, it was merely a joke—allow me to explain in detail and perhaps draw you a diagram

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom