Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Troika co-founder Jason Anderson has (re-)joined inXile

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Yeah, in Troika all three of them had their own design in projects: Leonard - Arcanum, Tim - ToEE, Jason - VtMB: Bloodlines. At least it's as i got it.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Yeah, in Troika all three of them had their own design in projects: Leonard - Arcanum, Tim - ToEE, Jason - VtMB: Bloodlines. At least it's as i got it.

Not really.

Arcanum was all three of them together, like on Fallout. TOEE was Tim and VTMB was Leonard + Jason.

himmy

Arcane
Hopefully he will get the chance to work on something really interesting but it makes me wonder how come he went to inXile and not to Obsidian? Was Obsidian not interested in someone as talented and experienced as JA? Was JA not interested? Or maybe he just knows inXile is a fun place to work at (since he did work there before) and with Microsoft money on the table he can get as high salary as at Obsidian and more creative power.

Also, why do it now? Maybe he has some great idea which he pitched to Brian first because he knows him and because of the Microsoft deal.

It seems he's working on Chad Moore's project, so I don't think it's his idea.

Do we have any info on that project or do we only know it exists?

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Seriously though, not to be a downer, but has there been a SINGLE case of veteran videogame devs returning from their casual/mmo/callofduty "retirement" and producing something truly worthwhile?
Phoenix Point has yet to come out, but I already pulled my pledge due to their unfortunate decision to go back on their campaign promises for the Epic lulz bux. The game might still turn out good, though, right guys?..
Right? :negative:

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Fun fact: an Arcanum developper article written by Chad.

Thanks for the link, there was truly some interesting behind-the-scenes stuff there. You''ve linked Part 3, I'm reading Part 1 right now (about voice acting recording) and there are some nice tidbits:

We're a couple of hours into the first character, a female, when we run into a few problems. She gives me a great read on a line, then stops when she gets to the next one. "Uh...the next line. It's exactly the same as the one we just did. Can you guys just copy it?"

I look at the script, seeing how she might be confused. "Yes, they are the same. But in THIS line, you're speaking to a dwarf, not an elf."

She nods, a bit amused, then looks further down. "Uh...the next three lines are exactly the same, too. What are the...uh...differences in these?"

I do my best to keep the exasperation of out my voice. Don't these people read the scripts before they show up? "Okay. Line 484 is to a dwarf as well, but he's got a parrot on his shoulder. Line 485 is to a halfling with one arm and three eyes, and the Line 486 is the same halfling with a parrot, except that you're talking to the parrot this time."

Diggfinger

Arcane
Fun fact: an Arcanum developper article written by Chad.

Thanks for the link, there was truly some interesting behind-the-scenes stuff there. You''ve linked Part 3, I'm reading Part 1 right now (about voice acting recording) and there are some nice tidbits:

We're a couple of hours into the first character, a female, when we run into a few problems. She gives me a great read on a line, then stops when she gets to the next one. "Uh...the next line. It's exactly the same as the one we just did. Can you guys just copy it?"

I look at the script, seeing how she might be confused. "Yes, they are the same. But in THIS line, you're speaking to a dwarf, not an elf."

She nods, a bit amused, then looks further down. "Uh...the next three lines are exactly the same, too. What are the...uh...differences in these?"

I do my best to keep the exasperation of out my voice. Don't these people read the scripts before they show up? "Okay. Line 484 is to a dwarf as well, but he's got a parrot on his shoulder. Line 485 is to a halfling with one arm and three eyes, and the Line 486 is the same halfling with a parrot, except that you're talking to the parrot this time."

You can find the entire thing in the extra's folder of Arcanum Multiverse Edition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom