Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Playing through the Age of Fear 1-3. Just finished the succubus campaign and now in the middle of the orcish one.
A pretty cool tactical game.

Perkel

Arcane
Satisfactory.

Factorio clone in 3D. Got into early access lately and it is pretty good but it has some problems as well.
Overall 3/5 right now but it just needs more polish and should be 4/5 or even 5/5 with enough effort.
Game seems promising.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Today, I tried two online games.

Destiny 2, which looks and sounds great, but I got bored really fast.

Instead, I tried For Honor with my cousin. It’s fairly fun, to be honest. It’s still riddled with usual Ubisoft shenanigans like levels for everything and unlockable stuff. On the other hand, we like the core gameplay.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Just started Haegemonia Legions of Iron. So good. And still best looking explosions 15 years later. Way more fun than more recent space 4x games.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Uplink,hacker elite.

What i expected: A complicated hacking game filled with interesting missions.
What i got: Scrip't kiddie rogue like with very repetitive missions.

edit:Also the font in this game scales badly on any lcd resolution.My eyes hate this game.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Played the first chapter of Nox.

GOG version is stretched so I tried dgVoodoo and I had to reset my machine.
But with a custom made SDL patch things went much smoother.

Game looks and plays very smoothly; a Westwood trademark.

Also, nice timing with the launch of the game, some four months before Diablo 2.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Played the first chapter of Nox.

When you're done with your first playthrough, I highly recommend going through it again with the other two character professions. Their playstyles are all so different that it hardly ever gets old, and some of the levels are completely changed as well depending on your class.

grom

Educated
Almost done with VTMB replay. Just finished the werewolf sequence at Griffith Park.

Not sure I have the willpower to continue playing, knowing what's coming next. The final chapters of this game are fucking painful.

The Bloodhunt scene in Santa Monica is particularly annoying to me. Does the Camarilla allow Masquerade violations during a Bloodhunt or something? Because the streets are littered with vampires using their disciplines.

Oh, and how convenient; the sewer manholes have all been welded shut, just for tonight.
:x

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've had a streak of bad luck with getting like halfway into something, then being really busy. Most recently got about 40 hours into Dragon Quest XI then barely being able to play anything for like 3 weeks. So I'm uninstalling that to return to later, and currently installing Divinity OS 2, which had a similar occurence interrupt my first attempt.

Determined to get back to actually finishing shit.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Reminds me of a moment in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 where you have to get in the back of a truck and get anyone chasing you off your back, but you can get a random guy to shoot you a second after the screen fades in after the checkpoint and instakill you with a grenade launcher since grenades are a OHK in hard difficulty.
Bad Company 2 also has pretty long loading screens, for the salt on wounds.
Turret sections are ass. Always. I hate them. Either they are stupid hard and not killing XYZ enemy in 0.2 nanoseconds will result in sudden death, or they are piss easy.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Funnily enough i just started playing Crysis. For a 12 year old it looks gorgeous and plays great. Love the nanosuit.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just finished the Room, a point & click. Short (~2 h because I'm stupid/fatigued). It's kind like those "escape the room" games, except the goal here is to unlock a safe, and in the safe there's a box and so on (it goes ). To open each box, there's a handful of locks or mechanism to unlock and you have to find the key/solutions on the box; there's nearly no pixel-hunting, it's more observation/pattern-matching (where did I saw this? Where can put this key/object). I had to hit a guide a few time because I kept missing things :negative:.

One issue is that some puzzle must be redone, which is lame. And you get some unskipable animations which are a bit too slow.

The aesthetics start light steampunk and there's some fantastical elements that get added (mostly a eye-piece which show different things, which can be interactive). I'm not a fan of the fantastical elements, I though it detract a little from the "industrial/mechanics" style, but it never get too important. There's two other games in the same series, but I don't know if I'll play them.

2387734749E50A40691DF44EBB95F0E81FED38C4

B0B75C48A4C5630BFC0EF2192B738B4EBB72BEE4

Here it's an object, which can be unlocked to find a key; then you got to find where it's used.
A7BCDE256BC34E9C6BC64D908DD5246009F3881B

2594B25931997F730AEF438F3EC7E2331A231348

Now I think I'll go back to Titan Quest: Ragnarok

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
Man Far Cry was such a chore at times, I didn't even finish it and I don't feel anyway about it. Even Crysis is the same way. Crytek just make such dry and boring games, where's the fun?

Master

Arbiter
Man Far Cry was such a chore at times, I didn't even finish it and I don't feel anyway about it. Even Crysis is the same way. Crytek just make such dry and boring games, where's the fun?
You are kidding. Far Cry dry and boring? The game is insane rollercoaster fun.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Doing Pathfinder Kingmaker right now. All the props and kudos are completely justified, bros. First playthrough, latest patches and DLCs. Expected it to be too difficult and bug-ridden but it's devoid of frustration and is mad fun. Lots and lots of surprises for all you jaded RPG fans. And coming from russuan developers I expected it to basically ignore or be hostile to LGBT characters and romance options (I remember one russian Doom wad author who wanted Putin to execute the lesbian feminist band Pussy Riot because they offended his sensibilities). Imagine my surprise when my long-blonde haired male androgynous cleric that looked like something out of Yaoi was interested in me though I discouraged those dialogue options because my big & burly old man Druid character shouldn't be lusting after young guys 1/10 his age even if the twink is into bears. But it's a fun game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom